Which Version Of FH4 Have You Ordered and What Are You Looking Forward To The Most?

• Thread starter torque99
  • 54 comments
Digital Ultimate edition. With any Forza game (both Horizon and Motorsport) I've always bought the top tier version.

Just looking forward to some relaxing cruising around the map.

Last edited:
There are a nice mix of choices here, I did initially after posting the thread think it would be 100% Regular Pro GTP'ers that will be going for the Ultimate Editions! But it is still quite a high percentage that will be getting UE. Thanks for all the answers so far. Appreciated :cheers: ..HYPE not long to go now! :gtpflag:

will be getting it with gamepass i guess.... i got fed up with the excessive amount of paid DLC.... the game is not even out and there is already like 2 or 3 dlc around.... i miss the old days where games were released in full form....

will be getting it with gamepass i guess.... i got fed up with the excessive amount of paid DLC.... the game is not even out and there is already like 2 or 3 dlc around.... i miss the old days where games were released in full form....
Only DLC I know of is FD Pack and 007, which I believe are both pre order bonuses. Both are not what I’d call excessive as one of them consists entirely of cars they’d never add to the game as base content. Its nowhere near as excessive as other AAA games that have released recently

Only DLC I know of is FD Pack and 007, which I believe are both pre order bonuses. Both are not what I’d call excessive as one of them consists entirely of cars they’d never add to the game as base content. Its nowhere near as excessive as other AAA games that have released recently

Fully agreed. In addition, I don't think it is too much of a price to pay considering Playground Games have always delivered with every release and you still end up with 450 cars, a thriving open world map, post-release support (with the occasional freebie) and plenty of end-game activities in the standard game. There is not one arcade racing game I can think of which has offered the same amount of content for less than £50 this generation.

People online acting as if expansions should be free lololol.

Meanwhile I'm also looking forward to working with Kiera again. Her new character model is so thicc she should use Sir Mix-A-Lot as her walk-on music.

Rebecca and Kiera.jpg

Fully agreed. In addition, I don't think it is too much of a price to pay considering Playground Games have always delivered with every release and you still end up with 450 cars, a thriving open world map, post-release support (with the occasional freebie) and plenty of end-game activities in the standard game. There is not one arcade racing game I can think of which has offered the same amount of content for less than £50 this generation.
Definitely. This is one of the very few games where I am more than willing to pay the price for the Ultimate Edition. £80 is more than worth it to get the full experience FH4 will have to offer.

Ultimate Edition, because I Love Forza and want all the content. Digital because I want to play it on my PC.

I am really looking forward tot he updated physics model.

Ultimate Digital, XB1 wtih a G920 + shifter.

So for the first weekend, my plans so far:

Explore the map in the '08 DBS and Z8, wich finaly joined the horizon family.
Go and search for some houses in the Austin-Healey 3000 MKIII, and if it rains the MGB GT.
Prepare a vintage 70's Land Rover Series III and the 70's Range Rover for some barnfind hunting.
Race my slightly tuned & vintage liveried little Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint GTA Stradale.
Built a, Martini liveried, Lancia Delta for the slidy rally stuff.

and... Start Saving money to get the (apperantly 10m cr) lightweight Jag e-type..

Ultimate Physical (Because i like having a disc copy) - Since i only buy a couple of games per year i decided it was worth buying the ultimate edition as it saves me spending out each month on the DLCs also i believe it works out cheaper than buying each DLC individually.

I had a physical copy of the Ultimate pre ordered from Game but the payment was declined so cancelled it (I get issues ordering online sometimes) so bought some Xbox vouchers and bought the digital download Ultimate with them from the Microsoft store and it's currently downloading ready for Friday.

I'm looking forward to exploring the map and larking around in the Peel P50

I'm beginning to feel lonely. I'm a Standard Edition peasant, but to my credit, the ultimate edition costs R$320 which is one third of the Brazilian minimum wage! I feel it's a bit ridiculous to have all these "car packs" in launch already. Seems overly monetized to me, and while I love Horizon, it's not a practice I want to support.

Me too, frankly I'm glad someone in the forums has this opinion as well.

I'm beginning to feel lonely. I'm a Standard Edition peasant, but to my credit, the ultimate edition costs R$320 which is one third of the Brazilian minimum wage! I feel it's a bit ridiculous to have all these "car packs" in launch already. Seems overly monetized to me, and while I love Horizon, it's not a practice I want to support.

Me too, frankly I'm glad someone in the forums has this opinion as well.
I don't get it... are you guys expecting PG to release the Ultimate Edition with all the cars and expansions for everybody? Then it'd cost R$320 or equivalent for everybody as well. Those cars cost money to licence and model so it's good that they offer a cut down budget option for people who don't want to pay those costs.

My only complaint with the way they handle DLC is the fact it's starting so soon. It seems the goal of doing 2 cars per week is to make it easier to focus on DLC cars as they come, which is a great idea in my opinion. It will be hard to really focus on them the first few weeks though since the base game itself will be throwing stuff at you fast enough as it is.

I went with a physical copy of the Ultimate Edition due to me liking tangibility with my video games. The only times I get a digital are if I have no choice or if it's a game you can get on the Xbox live gold membership (this honestly has increased my game library way more than I expected).

Gone with the physical copy of the Ultimate Edition as well, but that was after FH4 got announced, so I got it for with a discount haha. :D All that content is hard to turn down. The experience is going to be so great!

The most I'm looking forward to is, well, mostly everything. But most of all, I'm looking forward to building cars again (especially in rally spec form), and creating new special stages throughout the UK. I want one to look similar to this:

Credit goes to Ricpos (the uploader). Always loved TOCA Race Driver 3 and its variety of disciplines. :)

Last edited:
UE here too,I'm looking forward to the scenery,looking for boards/barnfinds and generally destroying my home country. :lol:

Digital Ultimate on the PC, but I think I can cross play it to the Xbox too?

Looking forward to the Bond stuff mostly along with all the off-road events.

Digital Ultimate, raising my rewards level for FM8 lol. Maybe tooling around in some newer chevy’s I might be in the market for.

Ultimate Edition on PC, bit the bullet yesterday and pre-ordered. Also pre-loaded! Can't wait when the clock strikes 12.

0Un0R5L.png

My only complaint with the way they handle DLC is the fact it's starting so soon. It seems the goal of doing 2 cars per week is to make it easier to focus on DLC cars as they come, which is a great idea in my opinion. It will be hard to really focus on them the first few weeks though since the base game itself will be throwing stuff at you fast enough as it is.

While I agree with that, I also disagree. :) Usually in a Forza Horizon livespan the last DLC arrive close to the release of the next game, at times when you have more or less already finished the game. When I look at my own FH3 peak playing times it was the first 2 months after release, then the first month after Blizzard Mountain and again 2 weeks after Hot Wheels. After consuming through the singleplayer content there was not much left for me to come back to. So the late DLC cars were dropped in a world I was finished exploring.

So I agree having the car pass DLC cars already start on release day is early, it also means I have more DLC cars to use when I'm consuming the content.

Having that said I'm sure in FH4 we have more things to do months after release with Forzathon live and the custom route creator.

Back