Which was your first GT2 car?

• Thread starter Kynigh
  • 173 comments

What's the brand of your 1st GT2 car?

• Total voters
Toyota Celica - Front wheel drive job in Mini Cab white-
Did me proud until I could get a TVR Griffith in Cooper Green

A red 1993 Toyota Supra Turbo. Honestly one THE best cars to start GT2 with. The only part that was trouble was the Clubman Cup Rome Circuit Race (took me 6 attempts before I beat that event).

This feels like a nostalgic. The first time I played GT2 (actually when I'm 8 or 9 years old) I bought Toyota Supra from used car dealership. Not the RZ, but the Supra Turbo.

My first car is a white 1991 Honda Prelude 2.2VTEC and it was a very nimble and powerful car, and a good one for a starter too. I made my '94 Prelude Si in FM7 to look just like the one I used in GT2.
jts__signature_rides__1994_honda_prelude_si_by_streethawk555-dc044x2.jpg

Last edited:
The Cassis (purple cherry red ) 91 Prelude was mine... Back in 99

Honda_PRELUDE_Si_'91.jpg

The Prelude appears to be a popular choice, as I had one too...a sort of dark bluey-green colour. Great handling car, I loved the way it seemed to drift even though it was FF...a brilliant handling car. Occasionally almost felt like it was a slot car, it was that good. I remember doing a race at Tahiti Road over and over and over and over again to save up enough money for the racing modifcation for it, it looked brilliant with the RM on it :D

Honda Prelude '94 V-tech, I like the handling and it isn't underpowered, though racing modification looks bad.

I don't remember my first but I remember my favourite soundtrack!

ENJOY!

I could listen to this all day long.... Working on my real car

Aw. I thought there was a white and black Trueno!

First car? 1994 Honda Prelude VTEC.

My first car is a white 1991 Honda Prelude 2.2VTEC and it was a very nimble car, a good one for a first car as most of the first cars I choose in GT & Forza have always been Hondas since it's my all-time favorite car company. I made my '94 Prelude Si in FM7 to look just like the one I used in GT2.
jts__signature_rides__1994_honda_prelude_si_by_streethawk555-dc044x2.jpg

Yay Team Prelude ;)

I was 4 when i had Gran Turismo 2 at home in the 2000, and I remember my first car was a Red Pearl Nissan SKYLINE GTS-4 (R32) '91. At the time, I enjoyed seeing my father do the Clubman Cup! :D

Hi!

My first car on GT2 when i was a kid it was the Nissan Skyline GTS-4 as well like some of you! in the Grayish Blue Pearl color.

A very good car for starters,and for me a lot of very good memories!

When I played for the first time, i got a gun metal grey R32 Type M, but nowadays I just get the a dark blue VTEC Prelude, feels great driving it, and its a great car to start learning how to play using the manual shifter

My first car I ever bought in GT2 was the Toyota Celica GT-R ST182 '91, a huge mistake on my part, but I was only 7 years old when I bought that car.

My favorite starter car is either the Toyota Celica GT Four RC '91 or the Nissan Pulsar Gti-R '92.

Oh how time has changed in these last few years. While I still think both of these cars are great, my favorite starter car has become the 1993 Toyota Supra Turbo. It's both a very quick car stock and it's just plain cheap in the version I grew up with (NTSC version 1.1), it's only over 3,000 or 4,000 credits depending on which color you pick, meaning you still have cash for upgrades. It easily dominates a lot of the earlier races in GT2.

Having gotten back into GT2, I decided to start out with the red Pulsar just because I can't remember the last time I saw this car in a racing game. Back in the day I always went with the Mirage Cyborg, because a car named Cyborg was just cool sounding. :D

The Pulsar handles like a barn door until you get better tires on it (like most cars in GT2), but it's got enough brute force to be entertaining early on. Gonna be interesting to see just how much I can improve it now that I actually understand the concepts of tuning and how physics works in this game.

Both of my most recent playthroughs have been the S2000 that's the prize car for all B gold licenses. But my favorite starter car is the Supra Turbo. That thing has carried me through so many gamesaves over the years that it is still one of my all time favorite cars in the game.

Back