Which was your first...Music 

  • Thread starter Thread starter Diego440
  • 74 comments
  • 6,042 views
/\ /\
Ditto!

Xmas pressie when I was a kid. This is the album that started my collection.
A neighbor (good friend of my mother and mother of a friend of me) asked me what i woulded liked to have as a Communion present ('82) and i said the album from Adam And The Ants Prince Charming,thats how I got my first album from my not so big collection.
 
I didn't say earlier, but I thought the thread that was made today (which has now been merged) was an amazing coincidence, because I was in the process of making a very similar thread about 'The evolution of your music taste', and I had 'Prince Charming' as my first major influence - even at the age of just 6! I'm listening to the album right now and I forgot just how totally bonkers it is :crazy:
 
First CD I ever purchased was: Lamb of God - Ashes of the Wake
 
LP- I look back on this and remember that I was young and I wonder what my parents were thinking. I can also remember dressing up as many a kiss member with those plastic Halloween costumes.
kissalive2qk7.jpg


Cassette- I think this was the one. I want my MTV!
albumcoversdirestraitsbxl7.jpg


CD- This was even used at a pawn shop. I already had it on tape but still needed it on CD
1411810uj0.jpg
 
LP- N/A
Cassette- Impossible to answer, my dad has 10,000+ in his "tape closet."
CD- NOW! 1
MP3- Astral Projection- Mahadeva (my friend downloaded it on my computer.) I still have it, just for nostalgia.
 
Shaggy, Hot Shot. I used to love Shaggy's music. I dont know why. I remember buying it a few years ago when i first got into some music. I still have it but havent played the CD for years...
 
LP: I have only bought one, in 2007: Cannibal Corpse - Hammer Smashed Face LP

CD: I think it was either Quiet Riot - Metal Health or it was Tesla - Mechanical Resonance, can't quite remember

Cassette: I think it was David Lee Roth - Eat 'Em and Smile
 
AC/DC- For Those About To Rock

Green Day- American Idiot :scared::yuck::sick::guilty::grumpy: :mad: 👎

Yeah, I loved it when I was 10 but it's such a horrible album, and Green Day is just such a horrible band.
 
My first and only CD to date is the Pokemon Movie Album :lol:
 
I remember having a basket full of cassette tapes for most of my childhood, but the only one I can remember listening to is a Michael Jackson one... But I have no idea which one.

As for CD's.. I had a bunch of really really dumb embarrassing and to be honest, I didn't get into music all that much until I started to listen to Linkin Park and Green Day :yuck: So Linkin Park - Meteora was my first of the CD's that won't make me look like a complete Women. But my first CD that didn't suck was Tool's Undertow which I listened to the crap out of my freshmen year.
 
Cassette Limp Bizkit - My Way
CD Gorillaz - Clint Eastwood
 
I had a few LPs, but I can't remember what they were. I do remember Mel & Kim. But the first record I bought was "New Life" by Depeche Mode. I can't remember what tapes I had either. They're long gone, exorcised in 2001. I have a proper decent Technics tape deck somewhere that probably still works as well. Oh well.

The first CD I bought was "Alf" by Alison Moyet. Dad had picked me up from school on my 14th birthday, and taken me home via a local Dixons. "Your Mum tells me you want a music centre. Pick the one you want". It was some Phillips integrated midi system with CD, two tape decks, record deck and tuner. I don't remember how much it cost, but I do remember that Dad had an awful job getting the box into the Audi (a W-plate ur-Quattro, for those who are interested in such matters). He said to pick up a CD to play on it, and that was the one I chose.

That was 23 years ago.
 
My grandma is letting me have her car since she's a bit ill and it has a tape deck... gah! I haven't seen a tape in about 10 years!
 
Lets see,

LP: Warren Zevon- Exciteable Boy
Casette: Never bought one
CD: The Mighty Mighty Bosstones- Lets Face It (I think I was seven)
 
the first i had was a cassette... it was given to me by my Aunt Murielle when i turn 12....
I had so much fun listening to it and even before going to sleep... I always play it in order for me to fall asleep....now, even if MP3 players and other digital stuff are everywhere, i still have that cassette my Aunt Murielle gave me and taking care of it very well though i use it very occasional...:dopey:
 
Back