Which was your first...Music 

  • Thread starter Thread starter Diego440
  • 74 comments
  • 6,042 views
under18carbon
Bah, I think I'm the worst.

LP : None.

CD : Backstreet Boys. Yep.

Cassette : 98 Degrees. Yep.

I stand corrected. :crazy:
 
under18carbon
Bah, I think I'm the worst.

LP : None.

CD : Backstreet Boys. Yep.

Cassette : 98 Degrees. Yep.
That will be very hard to out-crap. You may indeed be the worst.
 
Cassette- Princess Superstar- Bad Babysitter
CD- Aqua- Barbie girl
 
No, ultrabeat is the worst...
 
First Record - Alvin & The Chipmunks Christmas
First Tape Cassette - Mini-Pops
First CD - Nature Sounds ( won on a radio contest,didn't even own a CD player at the time )
First MP3/DL'd song - Dust in the Wind
 
My first tape was Michael Jackson Bad. Got it with a brand new Walkman on my 9th birthday from my Mom and Dad... played it till it broke. The first CD I got, with a brand new CD player on my 15th(?) birthday was Jimi Hendrix The Ultimate Experience... Played that sucker for hours on end. To this day, my parents can't stand Jimi anymore, and I've only just begun listening to him again... It was that bad, I mean the abuse that CD took, not the music. The first LP I got sometime after all of this in this sort of "retro" fit I went through a few years ago... The Police Synchronicity. I was stalking this local record store for days, just wainting for something really good to come in, as I laredy had some good stuff that I got from relatives, but nothing that was "my own"... I'd go in on my lunch breaks. Honnestly, the guy "Fat Tony", a huge Zappa fan, thought I was going to stick up the place. Any how, I found this gem on day, and to this day, it's still one of my favorite possetions... It's near mint. Records just sound better. Highly highly recommend this album to any one... The first MP3 that I got... I think it was Dave Matthews Spoon from Before These Crowded Streets... Which I believe to be one of the most under rated albums of the last 10-15 years. But that's another story all together...
 
First Tape: U2 Rattle and Hum (Prob 1990)
Swapped a Kit-Kat for the school bully’s very own cassette. I still have it to this day.:D

First CD: Spin Doctors Pocket Full of Kryptonite. (Prob 1993)
Having acquired an Amiga CD32,:lol: I decided to ditch the tapes and add shiny new CDs to my collection. Exciting times.

First LP: The Beatles Revolver (1996)
I discovered my dad’s ancient High-Fi in the garden shed, and so began my vinyl collection. Bliss. :cool:

First Mini Disc: Radio Head OK Computer (1997)
The MD format seemed quite amazing back in the day, though OK Computer was the only original that I purchased. ;)

First (legal) MP3: Josh Pyke Middle Of The Hill
iTunes music store is so very convenient, though I continue to purchase CDs for the sake of my high bit-rate archive.
 
Weird, I was just thinking about this very thing on my way into work this morning...💡

LP
"Prince Charming" - Adam and the Ants
(My first '45' - "Another Brick In The Wall" - Pink Floyd)

Cassette
"The Autobiography of Supertramp" - Supertramp (compilation album)
(or it may have been "Brothers In Arms" - Dire Straits...

CD
"Revolutions" - Jean Michel Jarre*
* (but "Crime Of The Century" - Supertramp is currently my 'oldest' CD, because I purposefully destroyed the Jean Michel Jarre CD in a pathetic act of rebellion when I was going through my first Heavy Metal/Rock phase :p )

First .mp3 Download
"Comfortably Numb" - Pink Floyd)
 
First CD -
Rob Zombie - Dragula
 
Touring Mars
I purposefully destroyed the Jean Michel Jarre CD in a pathetic act of rebellion when I was going through my first Heavy Metal/Rock phase

OMG! I just might give you negative rep points for destroying a JMJ album!

My first 45 rpm album was Iron Maiden's Can I Play with Madness?. Side B was a song called Black Bart Blues, which was for a long time my favourite Maiden song. My first full-length LP was Metallica's Garage Days Re-Revisited. Pure bliss!
 
Touring Mars
I purposefully destroyed the Jean Michel Jarre CD in a pathetic act of rebellion when I was going through my first Heavy Metal/Rock phase :p

Im just going to carry on with my normal day activities and pretend that i didn't read that!
 
LP : Slayer, Hell awaits in 1988
Cassette : WASP, Headless Children in 1989
CD : All albums by Metallica in 1991 (that is Kill, Master, Lightning, Justice and the black which had just been released).

Is there a reason why 50% of albums mentioned in this thread are heavy metal ?
 
LP: Iron Maiden, Live After Death
Cassette: Guns N' Roses, Lies
CD: Iron Maiden, Peace of Mind


Soon to follow was a quest to get every Iron Maiden CD that existed. Then my interests turned to three other bands who's CD collection became an obsession for me, Pink Floyd, Rush, and the Grateful Dead. There were other bands of interest mixed in for flavor but these were the core of my listening sources.
 
Pako
Soon to follow was a quest to get every Iron Maiden CD that existed. Then my interests turned to three other bands who's CD collection became an obsession for me, Pink Floyd, Rush, and the Grateful Dead. There were other bands of interest mixed in for flavor but these were the core of my listening sources.

That's quite a nice collection there. Don't you just hate it that nowadays any kid can just type "discography" and get every album that would've taken most people about 5 years to compile? I had all of Maiden's CDs for some time (up to Fear of the Dark). My quest was to get the members to sign every one of them. Unfortunately, they only agreed to sign No Prayer for the Dying... meh, at least I had that one signed by all of them :D

Pink Floyd and Rush I also had the entire collection. Not a GD fan, though.

Flat-out
Is there a reason why 50% of albums mentioned in this thread are heavy metal ?

I guess we're all heavy metal fans... or at least used to be. I know I started listening to heavy metal in the mid-to-late-80s. Although since then my tastes have diversified into almost everything except for reggaetón.
 
My first LP was MJ - Bad.

My first cassette was Appetite for Destruction.

I can't remember what my first CD was.
 
Diego440
That's quite a nice collection there. Don't you just hate it that nowadays any kid can just type "discography" and get every album that would've taken most people about 5 years to compile? I had all of Maiden's CDs for some time (up to Fear of the Dark). My quest was to get the members to sign every one of them. Unfortunately, they only agreed to sign No Prayer for the Dying... meh, at least I had that one signed by all of them :D

Pink Floyd and Rush I also had the entire collection. Not a GD fan, though.


Not a GD fan, eh? Well that psychedelic journey only lasted a year or so, what a long strange trip it was. I soon found out that the live bootlegs out for these guys were as vast and diverse as the fans that followed them.

So did you get Bruce's signature or that other guys (don't know his name)? Can't believe they didn't want to sit down and sign your entire collect. :lol:
 
Pako
So did you get Bruce's signature or that other guys (don't know his name)? Can't believe they didn't want to sit down and sign your entire collect. :lol:

I got Bruce's signature, Nicko McBrian (the nicest of all), Janick Gers and Steve Harris, who actually had a leg cast since he'd gotten drunk the night before and fell down some stairs. It's funny, these guys are semi-gods in heavy metal and they seemed pretty normal. This was the Fear of the Dark tour, back in '91, or the end of the true Maiden, as some people call it.
 
👍 Steve Harris is one of my biggest influences for my bass playing! It would be an honor to have meet him, the rest of the band would have been cool too, but especially Mr. Harris. :)
 
Pako
👍 Steve Harris is one of my biggest influences for my bass playing! It would be an honor to have meet him, the rest of the band would have been cool too, but especially Mr. Harris. :)

Sheesh, my bad. It wasn't Steve Harris the one with the cast, it was the guitarrist, the one with the funny face. I didn't get to meet Steve Harris.
 
cassette: Carmen, Christian singer.

CD: Powerman5000

LP: Government Issue - Boycott Stabb.
 
Cassette...Young Guns 2 soundtrack by bon jovi....

I really didnt buy cds until I was around 13-14...

I mainly stuck to my dads awesome record collection of 60's And 70's rock and roll..
 
Fairlady240zg
Cassette...Young Guns 2 soundtrack by bon jovi....

I also had that cassette! I think it was the first cassette I played on my car's player.
 
What is the first album or cd that you have bought or recieved?
These are my first three albums.

1.

2.

3.
 
Well this is my first actual CD that i bought quite a long time ago....

B00005A9ZC.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Daft Punk - Discovery

41VR12R6R3L._AA240_.jpg

Gorillaz (UK version)

Well it was kinda interesting to listen to those songs at that time (cause they weren't so popular at that time) but yeah, quite worth it to buy..... (but heres the thing, i know most people wouldn't even remember Daft Punk now until Kanye West did a remix of "stronger". I mean now everyone freakin' likes Daft Punk while i already know this song way back then.....)
 
I love Daft Punk, got all their albums, watched Interstella 5555 more times than I can think of, and I'll be seeing them in the near future hopefully. :)
 
My first ever album was the "A Matter of Life and Death" by Iron Maiden, and I bought it sometime in September (last year).
 
Ditto... :scared: Exactly the same for me - got it as an Xmas present in 1981! (see my other post in this newly-merged thread...)

And one of the first singles I remember getting as a kid:

images

​
 
Back