Which will be your first cars?

• Thread starter Boxster
  • 39 comments
Netherlands
Netherlands
So now we know the car list, which are the first ones you will buy? For me it is:
  • Honda Fit
  • Nissan Silvia K's '90
  • Honda Civic R 1998
  • Peugeot 208 GTI 2014
  • Toyota 86 GT ' 21
  • Mazda RX7 2002
  • Subaru Impreza 22B
  • Porsche 996 GT3 2001
  • Nissan GTR Nismo 2017
  • Porsche Cayman GT4 Clubsport
  • BMW M3 GT Motorsport 2011

This will allow me to grind career mode most of the way. The rest of my credits I will save up to snap up cars from Brighton Antiques as they come up. I will be saving 18 mil especially for the 917 K :)

Last edited:
The main three I’m buying, with my pre-order credits:
Gr.4 Supra(after unlocking Brand Central)
CSL(if available in the UCD at start up)
New Z(after unlocking Brand Central)

See how I go after unlocking the Complete tuning menu and Brighton Antiques.

Last edited:
I don't know how much each vehicle costs yet, but I will try to get the Willys Jeep and Plymouth Superbird as quickly as possible.

BMW CSL
Willys Jeep
Genesis Gr.3/4
Swift Gr.4
Ford GT LM (the new one)
Mangusta
308 & Testarossa
RX Vision (road car)
400Z
Radical

Basically all the stuff not in any previous GT games. There's more but they're all probably in Brighton Antiques and cost a bajillion credits...

Gr3 Porsche
Gr4 Swift

That will get me started for the dailies.

First car would have been the Demio, but kind of dumb to buy that given it appears to be the first prize car.

Gr3 Porsche
Gr4 Swift

That will get me started for the dailies.

First car would have been the Demio, but kind of dumb to buy that given it appears to be the first prize car.
Yeah, my list is also tentative, as I won't be buying any that will come via the menus.

I don't know what my first car will be as it depends what is available in the UCD. Like GTS though, I will purchase the Toyota Gazoo Racing TS050-Hybrid 2016 as soon as I can afford it.

If I am allowed to spend my pre-order bonus credits on any car I want, then it will depend on whatever is on the UCD on day one. But if we are, in fact, forced to buy one of those three small compact cars, I will go for the Demio.

The car I'm most excited to try out is the RX-8! I've always wanted one of the late model RX-8s in a GT game so I'm really looking forward to drive it. That and the old GT500 cars.

EDIT: I almost forgot, but I'm also really pumped to drive the Gr.4 Swift. Don't ask me why, but I am.

Last edited:
Okay so the guy in the stream said you get a choice of 3 cars at the beginning and it sounded like they were all used cars(probably due to the credits you start with,he didn't specify that or perhaps he did before I found the stream) but anyway the Aqua,the Fit and the Demio,as for what I want,will probably raid the ucd for 911's,Evo VI TMR,E30 M3,308,Testarossa and eventually a 288 GTO.

Last edited:
I’m hoping for a green R32 gtst I’m sure that was my goto starter in the older Gran Turismo games. But it will be from the used car dealership and I don’t want to use my pre order bonus credits etc

Last edited:
Fit and Mx-5 for me in the beginning and then i'll leave the career to lead me and not gonna rush it as i usually do! I'll get them all anyway :)

Last edited:
I'm going to probably start with a Honda Fit since the Demio is an early prize car, no point in buying a car that I'm going to win anyway.

However, I honestly don't know where I'm going from there. I guess it depends what I'm allowed to buy as I've heard some things were restricted in the earlier parts of the game.

Though to give a true list, I'll say I want to buy these first:
- Toyota Celica GT-Four 1995
- Honda Integra Type R 1998
- Nissan Sileighty
- Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution V GSR 1998
- Porsche 964 Carrera RS
- Dodge Viper GTS
- Ford Shelby GT350R
- Ford Focus RS

----
Despite getting the 25th Anniversary edition with the bonus stuff, I want to just not install that right away and play the game fresh like in the past GTs. I'll use the bonuses on a 2nd playthrough with my alternative psn account.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure that our very first car will be bought from the UCD, and more specifically, we'll have the choice between the Toyota Aqua S, the Mazda Demio XD, and the Honda Fit Hybrid. After that, my next cars will likely depend on the campaign. For example, what prize cars we can/will win from events, missions, and licenses - plus what will be required for certain events.

I think I'll pick the Aqua S as my first car, then I'll save for a Subaru BRZ S '15 for the events that require an FR drivetrain. I'd prefer not waiting for the UCD to keep rotating until I find an affordable, used FR car - especially since I understand that the prices in the UCD/LCD reflect real-world appreciating values.

Then again, I don't mind having one of the same car, as I plan to have at least two of most cars in the game, with one to leave as-stock, and another to modify. So even if I did win a prize car that ends up being eligible for another event, it might not be in a color I want, so I'll simply modify the prize car - including the addition of a livery using a different color/pattern. Meanwhile, I'll buy another one of the same model to leave as-stock, provided that the latter car is in one of my preferred colors.

I certainly plan to buy more of the Toyota Aqua S for the "buy ten of the same car" trophy, especially if that first purchase at the UCD counts. Plus, being a 2011 model, it should be readily available at Brand Central, without otherwise relying on the UCD's rotation. If the price of the Aqua S is the same as it was in GT6, then it should be a very affordable 17.9k credits when bought new.

Of course, I'm not 100% sure if the first purchase counts, so just to be safe regarding the "buy ten of the same car" trophy, I might go with buying ten of the Subaru BRZ S '15, as I'd imagine it'll have a remarkable amount of customization options in GT7, just as it does in real life.

Otherwise, in a good way, I'm very unsure of what my path will be regarding my first ten cars. Perhaps in the journal I plan to write that will chronicle my GT7 journey, I'll eventually list what my first ten cars end up being.

I'm a bit of a Ford and Renault guy, so the Focus ST and RS, Clio 220, of course the Reggy 5, and the Alpine A110 '17 (was my most used car in FH5).

Love a bit of hot hatch action. Looking forward to tuning these cars as well.

Easy.

Suzuki Swift Sport '07
Suzuki Swift Sport '17

Can't believe the OP put the Honda Fit as their first choice. That's the Swift's sworn enemy and I can't stand for that.

I’m getting that GT-FOUR first chance I get. Probably several of them if possible.

EF0B62BC-1E5F-4C93-8A47-29FF157B6292.jpeg

171AC680-F3AB-477B-86B2-B925DCA8CB12.jpeg

I have wheel shopping to do. 😁

• Honda Civic R 1998
This. I've started every GT game with a Civic of some sort (ideally a crusty old EG, but an EK Type R will have to do) and I'll build up funds from there, enjoying the process of earning and spending it wisely, without pre-order cash that takes away that sense of steady progression.

This. I've started every GT game with a Civic of some sort (ideally a crusty old EG, but an EK Type R will have to do) and I'll build up funds from there, enjoying the process of earning and spending it wisely, without pre-order cash that takes away that sense of steady progression.
I'm going to install the pre order stuff and do it properly anyway,and when I get to a respectable level then and only then will I have my shopping spree. :)

I don't know if they'll be my first cars, but I'm definitely maining the C7 Gr.3, ZR1, ZL1, Z and Z/28. A ZL1 Gr.4 would be much appreciated but oh well!

Is it required to pick between the three cars immediately or can license tests or other things that loan cars be done to earn credits before buying the first car.?

Not including the pre-order cars:

Nissan 300ZX Z32
Nissan 400Z
Toyota Supra MKIV
Mazda RX-7 FD3S
Lamborghini Diablo GT
Lamborghini Murcielago LP640
Ferrari Testarossa with a widebody hopefully this has one or at the very least we can Turbocharge it.
Ferrari F40
Porsche 930 with Widebody kit
Porsche 993 with hopefully the widebody kit if it has one, I may wait to purchase this one until I know it has one.

^These will be my first purchases on day one using the bonus money; hopefully the Diablo GT, 930, 993, F40 and Testarossa are available day one if they aren't at Brighton antiques.

The main true car I want is the CLK-LM but that will probably be out of my price range of $1,600,000 - the price of the required 1st car to purchase.

In the chance that it's say $1,000,000 exactly, then I will instead purchase:

Mercedes-Benz CLK-LM
Lamborghini Diablo GT
Nissan 300ZX
Nissan 400Z.

Last edited:
Back