Who is at the Centre of the Universe? The EBS Game!

• Thread starter Famine
  • 128 comments
The Orb has a Sabbath number of 8 according to Six Degrees of Black Sabbath!

Keith York (The Orb & The Lightning Seeds) - Zak Starkey (Lightning Seeds - The Who) - Roger Daltrey (The Who - Tony Iommi) - Tony Iommi (Sabbath)

So Keith York (The Orb) has a Sabbath number of 3 :)

So Keith York (The Orb) has a Sabbath number of 3 :)

Hmm, i seem to be misinterpreting the Six Degrees of Black Sabbath numbers...

So you seem to be the Sabbath number wizard, can you help me with my Sabbath number? I am linked by 2 people/bands to The Krusty Moors, where Chris Haskins plays double bass. He is a prolific jazz bass player, who recorded with Rod Mason and was member of the Dutch Swing College Band. This leads me to several Sabbath paths of length 6, making my Sabbath number at most 9. For example:

Chris Haskins (Rod Mason Hot Five) Rod Mason (Dutch Swing College Band) Oscar Klein (Two Sounds Band) Joe Zawinul (Weather Report) Mino Cinelu (Gong) Bill Bruford (National Health) Neil Murray

And these paths include illustrious people like Chris Watts, Ron Woods, Joe Zawinul, Eric Clapton and Jeff Beck. The search was fun and i now have various music to explore. :D Can you find a better path? :)

Best I can do is that Rod Mason played with Adrian Tilbrook, who played with Jon Anderson (Yes) (source), who played with Rick Wakeman (Yes and Black Sabbath)... Wakeman apparently played on the Sabbath Bloody Sabbath album, and therefore counts as a previous member of the band (Sabbath #0)... so Mason has a Sabbath number of 3, which would give you a number of ~6?

Mason has a Sabbath number of 3, which would give you a number of ~6

Thanks! :bowdown: That's a 7 for me through this jazzy link. But i found another punky one: another band member was in a band with someone who played for Die Toten Hosen. Their drummer Vom Ritchie has a Sabbath number of 3 by this:

Vom Ritchie (The Boys) Matt Dangerfield (London SS) Mick Jones (The Clash) Terry Chimes.

That gives me a 6. :D Man, this is addictive...

Been looking into my Erdos number. I can get from me to a molecular biologist at UC Berkley for a 2, and from Erdos to the same place for 2, but can't find a link in between them. There has to be a link from my end to Erdos' end with no more than one intermediate step.

Been looking into my Erdos number. I can get from me to a molecular biologist at UC Berkley for a 2, and from Erdos to the same place for 2, but can't find a link in between them. There has to be a link from my end to Erdos' end with no more than one intermediate step.
Have you tried this, with "Use Erdos"?

I did, but it only indexes mathematical journals and such. I can get out of maths and into biology with EV Koonin or Eric Lander, it is just the links with the biology field that I am struggling with.

Back