Who is the worst human being alive?

• Thread starter Famine
  • 184 comments
Any reasons?

He is responsible for allowing weapons of mass destruction to the enemies who openly chant death to America and Israel, which provides a potential threat of war, which could see millions of lives destroyed. There has never been a nuclear war, and who builds them to keep them in a trophy cabinet? All it takes is one, be it purposely or by mistake.

No matter what, history always seems to repeat itself.

DCP
He is responsible for allowing weapons of mass destruction to the enemies who openly chant death to America and Israel, which provides a potential threat of war, which could see millions of lives destroyed. There has never been a nuclear war, and who builds them to keep them in a trophy cabinet? All it takes is one, be it purposely or by mistake.

Who are these enemies, where are the WMD's and when did they say what you just typed?

DCP
...to the enemies who openly chant death to America and Israel,

I'm assuming you're referring to Iran? Looping back, then, to the first bit:

DCP
He is responsible for allowing weapons of mass destruction to the enemies...

Setting aside that six countries entered in the agreement with Iran, which means that it's absurd to suggest that Obama is solely responsible for it, there's also the part where you're demonstrably wrong. Iran hasn't been allowed to obtain WMDs, they've had to give them up.

The rest of your post, then, is utterly irrelevant.

DCP

Well that's a big pile of unsubstantiated nonsense. Not that I really expected anything different.

"World" is a stretch but throw in Ian Watkins of the Lostprophets for worst in the UK. His case is unspeakably wicked.

there must, sadly, be other people who commit the same crimes in greater quantities.

True but to be considered the worst person alive, you have to be a known face. Your case, your actions or your doings need to have been reported. The unreported evil in the world, whilst utterly horrible, is perpetrated by unknown figures who may later transpire to be the worst people ever.

Setting aside that six countries entered in the agreement with Iran, which means that it's absurd to suggest that Obama is solely responsible for it, there's also the part where you're demonstrably wrong. Iran hasn't been allowed to obtain WMDs, they've had to give them up.

Nukes aren't the only weapons of mass destruction. Convential weapons atop long range or ballistic missles are also WMD's. Iran claimed they weren't building nuclear weapons and the U.S. was adamant that Iran wasn't building nuclear weapons, before the agreement. So how are they giving anything up if they weren't working on nukes to begin with. The rest of your post, then, is utterly irrelevant.

Meanwhile, Iran, post lifting of sanctions and an influx of $100Billion, an agreement not possible, most likely, without U.S. (Obama) cooperation:

http://www.cnn.com/2016/03/14/politics/iran-rocket-launch/
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-iran-missiles-idUSKCN0WB0I9
http://www.cnn.com/2016/03/09/middleeast/iran-missile-test/

And this of course, written on one of their ballistic missles during a recent test:

"Israel must be wiped out" https://t.co/zuYEa9SejQ

— Jon Passantino (@passantino) March 9, 2016

Giles De Rais
Andrei Chikatilo
Colin Ireland
Dennis Rader
Dr. Harold Shipman
Gary Ridgway
Jack the Ripper
Javed Iqbal
Jeffrey Dahmer
Ted Bundy
Joachim Kroll
Richard Chase

Just a short list of the people that I find to be among the worst. Some of the people I see listed in this thread is just amusing in my opinion...George Bush, :lol: Al Gore :lol: :rolleyes:. I can pretty much live with whatever they have done, at least they don't go around killing and torturing innocent human beings. To me, those who kill and torture are far worst than some president or political figure you may not agree with. :rolleyes:

Nukes aren't the only weapons of mass destruction. Convential weapons atop long range or ballistic missles are also WMD's.
No. If it's not nuclear, chemical or biological, there's no way it can be a weapon of mass destruction.

Last year, Russia had attacked ISIS with long range cruise missiles. Do you think it counts as a use of WMD?

Just a short list of the people that I find to be among the worst.
A selection of whom are dead, so ineligible.
To me, those who kill and torture are far worst than some president or political figure you may not agree with
Those who've nominated people like Bush have at the least provided arguments that involve killing (in the Middle East) and torturing (in Abu Ghraib and Gitmo) sanctioned by their administration - rather than not agreeing with them...

Just a short list of the people that I find to be among the worst.

Okay.

Giles De Rais

Dead.

Andrei Chikatilo

Dead.

Colin Ireland

Dead.

Harold Shipman

Dead.

Jack The Ripper

Dead.

Javed Iqbal

Dead.

Jeffrey Dahmer

Dead.

Ted Bundy

Dead.

Joachim Kroll

Dead.

Richard Chase

Dead.

Who Is The Worst Human Being Alive?

Nukes aren't the only weapons of mass destruction.

Quite right.

Convential weapons atop long range or ballistic missles are also WMD's.

Here, though, I think you went a little too far in the other direction. Title 50 of the US Code defines WMDs this way:

50 U.S. Code §2902
[2] The terms "weapons of mass destruction" and "WMD" mean chemical, biological, and nuclear weapons, and chemical, biological, and nuclear materials used in the manufacture of such weapons.

At any rate, @DCP's language (Obama "allow(ed) weapons of mass destruction") leaves me reasonably certain he was referring to the Iran nuclear deal, so I responded in kind, with a focus on nukes. If that's not what he meant, I'll leave it to him to clarify.

Iran claimed they weren't building nuclear weapons and the U.S. was adamant that Iran wasn't building nuclear weapons, before the agreement.

I think that's just some diplomatic double-speak on display. We know they were producing enriched uranium, even if they weren't literally assembling weapons that contained that uranium. I don't think it's worth debating that point too much, diplomats skirt the truth all the time.

So how are they giving anything up if they weren't working on nukes to begin with.

They not only gave up their stockpiles of enriched uranium, they also dismantled the centrifuges used to produce it. Looks to me like they gave something up.

You're right, Obama's support for an agreement that disarmed a country that has long been identified as a nuclear threat is an utterly irrelevant response to someone who claimed that he is responsible for arming them. :rolleyes:

Meanwhile, Iran, post lifting of sanctions and an influx of $100Billion, an agreement not possible, most likely, without U.S. (Obama) cooperation:

http://www.cnn.com/2016/03/14/politics/iran-rocket-launch/
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-iran-missiles-idUSKCN0WB0I9
http://www.cnn.com/2016/03/09/middleeast/iran-missile-test/

Straight from your own links:

CNN
U.S. officials said that the first tests did not violate the nuclear agreement, known as the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA), but were very likely in breach of a U.N. resolution calling on Iran not to undertake ballistic missile activity.

What, exactly, does Iran testing non-WMD missiles, in violation of a UN resolution, have to do with the question of WMDs, Obama, and the JCPOA?

And this of course, written on one of their ballistic missles during a recent test:

As disgusting as that is, I fail to see what it changes. Do words painted on the side suddenly turn any weapon into a WMD?

No. If it's not nuclear, chemical or biological, there's no way it can be a weapon of mass destruction.

Last year, Russia had attacked ISIS with long range cruise missiles. Do you think it counts as a use of WMD?
I do, yes. If you can kill hundreds of people with the push of a button I consider that a weapon of mass destruction.

I do, yes. If you can kill hundreds of people with the push of a button I consider that a weapon of mass destruction.

Fair enough, I suppose. But when most of the world's governments don't use that definition, and don't sign agreements or treaties using that definition, it's not really an effective conversation tactic to talk about them that way.

Men (and women) of action, such as generals, presidents, legislators, regulators, bankers, investors, and media pundits all make mistakes which cost the lives and fortunes of countless others. Yet their actions are usually justified by the sanction of academics. Accordingly, I nominate the professors at the major universities as potentially the worst humans alive today. I nominate Milton Friedman as the worst human who has lived in the last 50 years.

I nominate Milton Friedman as the worst human who has lived in the last 50 years.

You and your anti-Friedman campaign. The guy was awesome. The notion that you could rank him below so many people automatically disqualifies your opinion. Yea, Friedman was worse than Saddam Hussein and Kim Jong-Il. Give it a rest.

Yeah, really. It's a joke.

edit: and not a funny one, I mean.

I'm sorry that this isn't going to contribute much. I've held off from mentioning it but the more times I see it, the more I know it's not going away.

Several times a day, I see the title of this thread in the forum listing followed by a member's name.
It always looks like a question & answer to me, where you've all taken turns at being the worst human being alive.
As I type this, it says it's Famine. In a few moments, I suppose it will say that I'm the worst human being alive.
IMG_20160317_144918.JPG

Edit:
I was only the worst for about a minute before Liquid took the torch. Thanks for relieving me of the title so quickly.
IMG_20160317_150128.JPG

Last edited:
Back