Who is your all time favorite vocalist?Music 

United States
The Speedway
D3ATHS1NBUNCH3S
Hi.

I see there is a thread about this already, but 1. It's from 2002, and 2. It was a combined thread for your favorite guitarist, drummer, and vocalist.

Anyways...

My favorites? Eddie Vedder (Temple of the Dog - Hunger Strike), and Chris Cornell (Audioslave - Show Me How to Live).

Last edited:
Probably Bruce Dickinson (Iron Maiden), James Hetfield (Metallica), and Klaus Meine (Scorpions). Isn't Eddie Vedder from Pearl Jam?

Bruce Dickinson (amazing how instead of getting worse as they get older, Bruce has actually gotten better) Geoff Tate (Trace back to the 80's and be amazed by the most amazing voice on the planet), Rob Halford (nothing I can say in particular but still very good until recent) (those are the three best dramatic tenors of metal). Tobias Sammet (big range, small man), James LaBrie (That F sharp... In chest voice!?)... Now that is the end of story. :sly:

Last edited:
Bruce Dickinson (amazing how instead of getting worse as they get older, Bruce has actually gotten better) Geoff Tate (Trace back to the 80's and be amazed by the most amazing voice on the planet), Rob Halford (nothing I can say in particular but still very good until recent) (those are the three best dramatic tenors of metal). Tobias Sammet (big range, small man), James LaBrie (That F sharp... In head voice!?)... Now that is the end of story. :sly:

I think Bruce peaked at Seventh Son. Hes still amazing, I'm just not as fond of the deeper voice. BTW Geoff Tate sounds slightly like Bruce in Ryches "Eyes of a Stranger"

I am very well aware that he is not "the best evar" and I don't plan to debate it, but my personal favorite is Brent Smith from Shinedown. Simply Beautiful.

I agree that Brent Smith is actually quite a good singer. 👍

I think Bruce peaked at Seventh Son. Hes still amazing, I'm just not as fond of the deeper voice. BTW Geoff Tate sounds slightly like Bruce in Ryches "Eyes of a Stranger"

I'm very fond of his lower notes. Bruce has a voice that doesn't suit the big screams, but needs to go high, these days he displays this perfectly. This is my opinion of course. And yeah, Geoff sounded similar to Bruce when I first listened to Rÿche. But the more I heard his voice the more I realized that in the 80's he was an unstoppable force, that could only be taken down by itself (which is what happened when Geoff started smoking during the recording of Operation: Mindcrime).

Geoff is amazing because of the amount of things he could do with his voice. He was like a jack of all trades, master of all. He could sing anything! This is displayed best throughout Rage for Order. where he was at his peak. His range was the largest here, and his control was the best. Perfect vibrato's as well. Too bad he smoked away his voice in '88/89. :( His time of greatness only lasted 8 years.

I grew up listening to punk rock so it's given me this inclination towards vocalists who can't actually sing well but as far as actual talented vocalists go I'm a big fan of M. Ward. He sounds like a much older man and has this very nostalgic sound, almost like he's been taken straight from the 1940's or 50's.

Oh so many to choose from, a very difficult decision.

I'll say Elvis Presley for my No.1, with hundreds of others very, very close behind.

Sorry Can't decide but in no particular order. Grant Nicholas (Feeder, Okay he's probably my favourite), Ryan Tedder (OneRepublic), Chris Martin (Coldplay), Bruno Mars, Cee Lo Green (Certain Tracks), The Foo Fighters guy, the Nickelback guy, Elvis, Suggs (Madness - because he's funny), Jason Derulo, the Journey guy, The Verve's guy (Sorry I don't do the names!

Matt Bellamy - Muse
Kelly Jones - Stereophonics
Newton Faulkner (I also love his hair)
Irwin Sparkes - The Hoosiers
Theo Hutchcraft - Hurts

I forgot to add Billie Joe Armstrong to my list.. i love Green Day!

Matt Bellamy (Muse)
Jimi Hendrix
Jim Morrison
Robert Plant
Dave Grohl
Hayley Williams
Dan Auerbach
Jack White

Hang on a second, how the hell has nobody mentioned Bon Scott yet?

Bon Scott and Brian Johnson (early Brian Johnson stuff)^^^^^^^

King Diamond. Using falsetto style and sounding good while doing so is more difficult then you think...

I grew up listening to punk rock so it's given me this inclination towards vocalists who can't actually sing well but as far as actual talented vocalists go I'm a big fan of M. Ward. He sounds like a much older man and has this very nostalgic sound, almost like he's been taken straight from the 1940's or 50's.

M. Ward is amazing and also Jason Lytle

Back