Who is your all time favorite vocalist?Music 

Vocally I don't think anyone can touch Prince. Love him or hate him, you can't deny that the man is vocally, and musically for that matter, gifted. He has a 5 octave vocal range, sorry, that wins hands down.

Vocally I don't think anyone can touch Prince. Love him or hate him, you can't deny that the man is vocally, and musically for that matter, gifted. He has a 5 octave vocal range, sorry, that wins hands down.

King Diamond hits 8 bro

Slashfan
King Diamond hits 8 bro

Do you have any recommendations for songs that he actually sings on? The few I've checked out so far are either raspy, scracthing vocals or shrill screaming vocals. Its great to have 8 octaves, but if you never use them, what's the point?

Hands down Amanda Palmer. A genius songwriter, a masterful vocalist and genuine unsung heroine of our time.

3322747562_82b1f8ba3f.jpg

Do you have any recommendations for songs that he actually sings on? The few I've checked out so far are either raspy, scracthing vocals or shrill screaming vocals. Its great to have 8 octaves, but if you never use them, what's the point?

Thats his singing style, he has no need to use them. I was just saying he can do more.

Maynard James Keene (possible spelling error with the last name) of Tool A Perfect Circle and Puscifer, Alex (can't remember last name) of Arctic Monkeys and The Last Shadow Puppets, and Trent Reznor of Nine Inch Nails. Listed in order.

Celine Dion

Hands down greatest vocalist. The chick has an amaaaazing voice. I don't always enjoy what she chooses to sing, but she's the best. Don't agree? Watch this... and keep in mind that it's live:

It's tough to compare her against someone who sings really differently though - like Courtney Love.

It's certainly hard to argue against Celine Dion. However, I submit for your consideration, Shelby Flint:

She's best known for this hit in 1961:

Danoff, I'd appreciate your comment if you please.

George "Corpsegrinder" Fisher, from Cannibal Corpse. I've heard horror movie monsters who couldn't growl as well as he can.

Here's one of the best examples. His vocals were better on Evisceration Plague, however. But the music videos from that album aren't appropriate for GTP.

Greg Graffin from Bad Religion,how he manages to get all those syllables out is beyond me,lol
Although I do like his voice, I wouldn't put him up there as one of the best vocalists but I would say he has the best vocabulary in music!

Myles Kennedy of Alter Bridge, without a doubt. He has incredible vocal range, hitting wicked high notes and also hitting the smooth low range very well. He's got that amazing rock n roll growl.

Bjork
Thom Yorke
Satomi Matsuzaki
Tim Smith
Melissa Jo Heathcote
Johnny Rotten
John Lennon
David Gilmour
Howard Devoto

So many great vocalists...

Last edited:
Back