Who still plays this?

Discussion in 'F1 Championship Edition' started by speedkarter13, Nov 22, 2011.

1. speedkarter13

speedkarter13

Who still plays this game? It's my favorite game on the ps3 apart from GT5. I play it regularly.

2. amkobih

amkobih

well,I actually play F1 06,which is the same game,just on the PS2

3. Alex p.

Alex p.

Play it from time to time, it's one of the best racing games ever made in my opinion.:tup:

4. toyotsupra

toyotsupra Premium

I do i like watching the AI race against each other it's like watching a real race

5. Mr. S

Mr. S Premium

Might be a stupid question but does this game actually work with a T500RS? :/

6. skippynixx

skippynixx

Great game, much better than what codemasters has done with the series

7. hawkeye122

hawkeye122

This is the Best F1 game, still. Sure there are little things that could be done to make it better, but it's just much more of a complete package.

8. nitrorocks

nitrorocks

I wish I didn't sell this :(

9. AOS-

AOS- Premium

My mistake, I thought this was the dirt forum

Last edited: Apr 4, 2012
  10. nitrorocks

nitrorocks

This is F1 Championship edition 2006 right?

11. dj_hazardous

dj_hazardous

Hi, I'd like to take part. I've sent you a PM.

Cheers.

12. ENTERSANDMAN13

ENTERSANDMAN13

I traded f1 CE in about 2 years ago before i was a sim racer (wheel ect)

Im mega excited to play this game again! I went up to my town today and couldnt find it anywhere so i was really pissed! :banghead:
    .......so i ordered it online haha! :tup:

A question, does online work for this game?

13. Alex p.

Alex p.

Not any more as far as I know. Also, you gotta take part in this championship:https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=250033

14. ENTERSANDMAN13

ENTERSANDMAN13

Thank you for the help, that is a shame :(

Will do, cheers :tup:

Last edited: Apr 28, 2012
  15. Paulocreed

Paulocreed

@nitrorocks I've seen this at gamestop. You can probably still find it somewhere for $5 or $10.

I haven't fired this game up since I got my g27. Will give it a try tonight. Still having too much fun with F1 2010 career though.

F1:CE is the better game though, and much truer to the real thing compared to CM.

16. nitrorocks

nitrorocks

Oh yeah. I bought this the day after I posted that comment but thanks. :lol: I have now since won the WC.

17. Scalage

Scalage

I bought this game last week but I'm unimpressed. The visibility is simply poor, there is tunnel vision in the cockpit and my g25's vibration is so harsh it literally gave me sore wrists. Is there anything to fix this and keep it from the bin?

18. MoLiEG

MoLiEG

Saw this game for an ultra low price last week? Is it worth it?
    Should I take it? :confused:

19. nitrorocks

nitrorocks

Get it! I still play it. I'm going to play it in a bit actually.

20. PletdeKoe

PletdeKoe

I've had a F1 surge in my brain. I bought old copies of All psone f1 games. Started with Formula One, Formula one '97. After a couple of days extremely enjoying the older games (Much more fun to play then codemasters' games) I popped F1 C.E. in. WAUW! I forgot how good it was. The graphics are really awesome and the sense of speed is fantastic.

I love this game as much as I love formula one '97.

21. 0zzy

0zzy

I know this thread has been dead for years but really shocked by it.

Back when F1:CE came out I bought it - first game for my PS3 as a massive formula 1 fan. I really liked it at the time. Then I played Codie's version...

Are you guys mad? This game sucked on so many levels. TRY to get the car to go sideways... it just doesn't, its understeer, understeer and more understeer. It literally is no fun at all, the car never turns in. I cant believe some of you think this is closer to real life than what Codie's have done...

Shocked :O I thought it was a well reknowned fact just how badly the physics in this game were. Setup didn't matter too, you could put everything to max and then everything to the lowest setting and not even tell the difference...

Sorry for the rant... I guess the visuals were extremely good for a launch title on the PS3 but anyone who prefers this over Codie's versions clearly do not want to have a car with any form of oversteer and would rather a car that turns like a truck at anything over 100MPH.

22. UnknownDriver

UnknownDriver

Here we ago again, we got another dumbass criticizing nearly 10 year old game. So what? Who cares what you think. F1 Champion Edition was my very first game on PS3 back in 2007 and yet I still play to this day. Why? Because it is a bloody damn awesome F1 game. I played all F1 Codemaster and 2013 is better of out three but F1 CE still deliver the fun and excitement since day one.

Remember it is your own opinion. Also please stop talking ******** about physics. Set up cars in season really does makes the different between winning and losing in the race. I bet you don't know how set up car properly in F1 CE.

Anyway, stay out the F1 CE forum. We don't need another Codemaster fanboy like you here.

spiraldave likes this.
  23. ipswich1992

ipswich1992

@UnknownDriver, I am not a Codies fanboy, they suck on so many levels. However what @0zzy is saying about the physics is spot on in ChampEdition...... It IS a great game sure, but: even with setups yes the car feels better and is faster, but the fundamental fact of it is, the understeer is outrageous.

I don't see anywhere in Ozzy's post where he claimed to be a fanboy, he was simply making a comparison, a factual comparison, between two games in one area of the gameplay. Chill the *********** out. It doesn't matter whether a game is 1 day old or 60 years old, if it's bad it's bad. For sure his post was on the negative side about CE, but so what, he didn't attack anyone and covered his point well I thought. This is why forums drive people away, you were entitled to say you didn't agree with him, but you went crazy and attacked him. Not cool.

Personally I did 6/7 100% races on CE the other week, and thoroughly enjoyed it, mainly those graphics. But the understeer is what at the end of the night made me turn it off hehe.

ZedMan1996 likes this.
  24. chzsln485

chzsln485

I went out to buy F1 2013 today, and found this on a shelf of used games in the shop, for £3. I thought, "may as well, nothing to lose", and bought it. I love it. Best F1 game I've ever played. Even including F1 2013.

25. RACECAR

RACECAR Premium

Thanks to my wheel, I have some newfound interest in the game (as well as unlocking all the classic cars). One that I haven't been to figure out how to get is the Honda RA272:

I have all the other ones (working on the championship to get the Alfa Romeo 158), but this has been a complete mystery and no one seems to know how to get it.

JonoStan96 likes this.
  26. JonoStan96

JonoStan96

I bought it for $18 about a month ago, and damn, the newly bought PS4 was gathering dust. After suffering disappointment after disappointment from Codeamatuers, this was a breath of fresh air, despite it being nearly a decade old. Phenomenal game.

I have unlocked the Honda, but I have no idea how, my theory is that you get it when golding all the time trials, or at least Suzuka. The only one I don't have is the Alfa.

27. Liquid

Liquid Premium

F1CE is a class game. A really, really great game with a lot to offer and it's such a shame that there was no sequel or improvement on it; no F1 game until 2009 and until 2010 on a home console.

VettelFan05 likes this.
  28. PeterJB

PeterJB Premium

Bought this game ou for the first time in 10 years after years of playing the Codemasters games. For me it has much more staying power than them because the cars are so much easier to drive. You can remain competitive without having to set qualifying times every single lap. I've actually been able to start career on 100% race distance, when I've never bothered with more than 50% on the Codemasters games.

29. DioEmsti

DioEmsti

The game has a terrific sense of speed, I think they really nailed the camera shake, and also has some really cool features like the live commentary but I think I prefer F12013 over it, or the F1 type cars in Grid Autosport.
    It's hard to get over the twitchy steering with a controller, actually I find it strange that from all the racing games I played on PS3 only Grid Autosport has sensitivity/linearity/deadzone settings for controller input, it makes a huge difference.

30. johnramon

johnramon

I agree about the sense of speed. It makes all the difference to me. If you have the room you should really get a wheel. I got mine attached to a wheel stand, so I can store it easily. Racing games really come to life with a proper wheel and pedals (Fanatec for me). Also games and wheels for PS3 are pretty cheap these days. F1CE, Dirt 2 and Grid (open wheel cars) all handle brilliantly with a wheel. Also Fanatec wheels have presets built in the wheel where you can adjust deadzone/sensitivity etc for up to 5 games even when a game doesn't have these settings.
    I really love the force feedback in F1CE..great job patching it in by Studio Liverpool.