Who to Watch for in the FIA GT Championship EMEA Regional Finals

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by GTPNewsWire, Oct 18, 2018.

1. GTPNewsWire

GTPNewsWire Contributing Writer

Qyn, Boedefeld, ProjectF and 14 others like this.
  2. GT_Alex74

GT_Alex74

#TeamBaguetteCookies

3. HellzFire

HellzFire

Qyn, Tidgney, ProjectF and 7 others like this.
  4. Mires

Mires

Go David (@Lord Protector) Go! Because Slovakia, ya know. :D

Good luck y'all in Madrid, have fun as we in front of screens will have too.

Qyn, nissman, ProjectF and 8 others like this.
  5. I-Runner

I-Runner

I'm one of the co-fonder of the Italian Board GranTurismoExtremeDrivers ...so i'll support GTExD_endless :cheers:

IR

Qyn likes this.
  6. Cabelmania

Cabelmania

As an Italian I wish to say "In bocca al lupo" To all my fellow italians Giorgio, Garasa and Endless :gtpflag:

But also @Lord Protector too, since you have my respect for representing such a "small" country in this big community :D Good luck, and may the Force (of Marek Hamsik) be with you :mischievous:

Qyn, DaigoD, Marcobzzcs and 4 others like this.
  7. mclarenLB

mclarenLB

I need @Tidgney to qualify for the sake of making the Manchester Airport flight to the World Finals next month more bearable :lol: I'll be rooting for him

Qyn, Tidgney, MonkeyMan_707 and 2 others like this.
  8. Cuber Tom

Cuber Tom Premium

This sort of thing is super useful for getting to know the players. PD should try to get player profiles like this on to the GT website for all of the competitors going to the live events before the racing starts.

Good luck to all of you guys competing (especially the brits) and I'll see some you at the world finals

Qyn, MonkeyMan_707, Auditore and 7 others like this.
  9. sambygtr

sambygtr

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!
    big event, grate drivers!

Qyn and sundaydriving like this.
  10. SWR_WeiTN

SWR_WeiTN

Absolutely agree!

Great article guys! Thanks GTPlanet for giving details on the best GT players in EMEA right now! I miss a little bit some info from Portuguese and Spanish finalists who I know well. Would it be possible for me to contact the writer of this post to add a few profiles from Spanish and Portuguese finalists? I know all of them personally.

Thank you for approaching the competitive community to the forums and social networks GTPlanet!

Qyn, Mirror_man and I_Leak_Oil like this.
  11. CinnamonOD

CinnamonOD

I wish the best of success for everyone; go out, have fun, and give your 100% all the time!

12. sundaydriving

sundaydriving

Best of luck to everyone. But especially @Lord Protector as I get a good chuckle from his avatar.

Qyn, Auditore, I-Runner and 1 other person like this.
  13. Lord Protector

Lord Protector

Thanks everyone! Everything is great so far.

Qyn, Jordan, Adrian Pragi and 8 others like this.
  14. zeptrans

zeptrans

GTPlanet didn't add me in the article because I didn't share them a picture of myself...

... or maybe because I'm just a bit slower than these guys... maybe... (surely :D)

Qyn and I-Runner like this.
  15. Cerebral303

Cerebral303

I noticed something

"He’s been playing Gran Turismo games for over 30 years"

Wow, Christian Hansel has a good 10 years on any of us here! ;)

16. zzz_pt

zzz_pt Premium

@Tidgney with a James Bond outfit. Classy :D

Looking forward to watch this!

Qyn and Tidgney like this.
  17. Auditore

Auditore

Can Tidgney race in the regional finals with the James Bond suit? :lol:

Qyn, Tidgney, hellZfirE and 2 others like this.
  18. RaceFace85

RaceFace85

Haha, there is something wrong with the calculation.

Vegard, Qyn, GT_Alex74 and 2 others like this.
  19. GT5 Level 41

GT5 Level 41

Tux dude ftw. Dress to impress, that's what I always say. I hope he wears it to race, uh play in.

20. zzz_pt

zzz_pt Premium

Qyn, Tidgney, ProjectF and 8 others like this.
  21. schnick

schnick

Nice write up, good read. A few interesting things from a personal POV:
    1. I knew Atho sounded familiar when watching the T24SS broadcasts, and now I know why, from the 2016 Project CARS Championship.
    2. Don't mean to brag but I also have got all golds on the GT5 X2010 events with a DS3 (with analog sticks). There are probably others out there that have done it but @Tidgney was probably one of the first. It took me about 6 months of on and off grinding attempts until I finally got all golds. Then later improved all times with the DFGT.
    3. A good range of ages and backgrounds, looking forward to how it all goes down this weekend
    :gtpflag:

22. RZQSPEED

RZQSPEED

From what I've read, I didn't know that @Atho does have a GTP account here, though @Manu_Rodry deserves a shout out as well, despite rarely visiting here.

Qyn and TRL LIGHTNING like this.
  23. Auditore

Auditore

Main takeaways from this video:
    1. I gotta eat more cookies before racing

2.Kaz reaction to his lap :lol: 2:23

24. OutlawQuadrnt

OutlawQuadrnt Premium

I'd be lying if I didn't absolutely lose it when I saw @Tidgney with the suit and tie. Classy but so unexpected. :lol:

Hard to pick favorites but I really hope to see @Jomas advance to the World Finals. Him and I worked well in trying to get Jaguar into the Manufacturers Finals and I'm still disappointed that things out of our control kicked us out despite being Top 10 in our Regions.

Qyn, Tidgney, Jomas and 3 others like this.
  25. palqo

palqo

Slovakia has not been "always" excluded from GT events. There was one GT academy with GT5. Too bad I missed this one :lol:

26. Vegard

Vegard

I'll be cheering for Adam.
    I did some club racing with him in GT5 and I would love to be able to brag that I've beaten the EMEA champ :D

Seriously though, good luck to everyone and may the fastest man win.

Qyn and TRL LIGHTNING like this.
  27. Tidgney

Tidgney Premium

Thanks for the support guys throughout, catching up with the streams now and seeing so many people cheering on was amazing! That's my actual tuxedo as well haha, not a James Bond costume :D! Although with my name being Martin I guess I can say I'll have a Martini :p!

Think it's a bit of misunderstanding with the x2010 thing, when I got it, it was deemed impossible due to something I called 'pad lag' which genuinely was a thing, which is why pad sensitivity came in. So you turned right and the car wouldn't turn right initially so you had a delay between input and the car (Making Suzuka solid due to the Esses, Monza was easier, Nurburgring being middle difficulty). Once pad sensitivity came in though, it made the challenge easier as there was no input lag, so loads of people did get it you're right, but I heard of very few getting it before that :)! Spent 3 months on that thing, it killed me xD! Literally moved my Playstation with me between university and home. As I say though there's no official proof I was first but I honestly believe it was a world first as everyone I spoke to that was fast on a pad had already given up on it, and nobody had done it on GTPlanet (Biggest GT Community around) at the time :D. I still remember doing it though, I got up on that final day and said I'm not eating until I get it, 4pm (Ish) bang, blew the roof of the house with adrenaline, housemates knew I'd done it from the kitchen :D!

28. schnick

schnick

Ah yeah that's what I forgot to mention, the whole pad sensitivity thing. I didn't think it was impossible before the patch brought it in, but would take lots of practice and attempts as you can always adjust for that lag. You doing it pre pad sensitivity makes the achievement even more remarkable and brag worthy :bowdown:.

Tidgney likes this.