() who/what is your inspiration.

• Thread starter sparkozz
  • 37 comments
United States
Queens,NY
sparkozz
Ok just wondering but, what keeps the gt5 drift community "ticking" it can be your favorite Real life drifter, GT5 drifter, favorite car(s), Fav drift team etc.Start!

For me Isami Amemiya(RE Amemiya) hes a true rotary master always pushing the limits of the rotary engine.Also, Team Sexy Knights and FOOL.They are just awsome! amazing drifters border line insane.

Team FOOL

Does the sentence: 'Every good female drifter out there' make sense in reply to your question? I would have liked to be drifting with them one day, but... That's just a dream now ;)

Wonderful thread idea Sparkozz, if I had to sum it up real quick I'd say it was you guys.Every single person in the drift community has made me what I am today, you guys are an inspiration and some of you don't even know it yet :)
And to be able to drift with, and talk to the people who inspired you is really an amazing feeling. You all have tremendous talent and share an interest in the same thing I do, drifting. I wouldn't be here without you's! :gtpflag:
If I can name a couple individual Teams who inspired me I'd say all of Prodigy, All of Nemesis, all of MLM, All of A*D, All of BURST, and lastly you Xano for being there through pretty much everything. you name it and its there in my heart. In conclusion, KDF everybody! :D

What keeps me ticking is that GT5 keeps me off the streets when I have the urge to go drifting. Good thing my car is torn down. But another thing is that real drifting and gt5 compliment each other.

Does the sentence: 'Every good female drifter out there' make sense in reply to your question? I would have liked to be drifting with them one day, but... That's just a dream now ;)

*cough*

No real inspiration here just like to kick it and get sideways.

So many things keep me ticking...

My Team is my inspiration. They keep me motivated and keep building my hunger for the drift. It may not seem that we are the tightest group as we are not always on GTP and GT5 but couple of us know each other in real life.
What goes on behind the scenes is deep, the desire to bring WSG to real life is strong and keeps me going on GT5 just as it does in real life.
Hard to explain, its a chain reaction.

Keiichi Tsuchiya the "Drift King" is my favorite drifter, watching him drift makes me want to go drift on GT5. I want to be like the best.

Another thing that keeps me ticking is... Haters...
They used to really bother me and make me upset. Now the just motivate me even more. When they see me tearing it up, weather it be on the track or on Youtube... I know it kills them inside. They just jelly anyway.
As the Gambino once said " Having haters only means your doing something right"

My GT5 friends keep me ticking as well. I cant even tell you how many times I got on GT5 just so I could chill with my friend Overtake AKA BabyDik and my other good friend iPutWorkn. Its good having friends that are Good at drifting AND Funny to talk to... Another chain reaction.

Drift battles keep me interested as well. I wont go into detail but we all like that rush when all eyes are on you and you're being judged. As well as battling to prove your worth.

Hybrids... Common it brought a lot of people back :lol: Finally being able to create any drift beast I want, keeps me on GT5.

Final thing keeping me drifting on GT5 is the Drift itself. I like the feeling of the wheel spinning through my hands as im sliding sideways.
DRIFTING IS FUN and I don't need a tag around my name that says im keeping it that way... Cause it already is that way.

Sorry for the long post, but I hope it helps some of you that feel as they are drifting for a lost cause OR are starting to lose interest.

You just gotta have heart. Love the drift and the drift will love you back :lol:

Last edited:
So many things keep me ticking...

My Team is my inspiration. They keep me motivated and keep building my hunger for the drift. It may not seem that we are the tightest group as we are not always on GTP and GT5 but couple of us know each other in real life.
What goes on behind the scenes is deep, the desire to bring WSG to real life is strong and keeps me going on GT5 just as it does in real life.
Hard to explain, its a chain reaction.

Keiichi Tsuchiya the "Drift King" is my favorite drifter, watching him drift makes me want to go drift on GT5. I want to be like the best.

Another thing that keeps me ticking is... Haters...
They used to really bother me and make me upset. Now the just motivate me even more. When they see me tearing it up, weather it be on the track or on Youtube... I know it kills them inside. They just jelly anyway.
As the Gambino once said " Having haters only means your doing something right"

My GT5 friends keep me ticking as well. I cant even tell you how many times I got on GT5 just so I could chill with my friend Overtake AKA BabyDik and my other good friend iPutWorkn. Its good having friends that are Good at drifting AND Funny to talk to... Another chain reaction.

Drift battles keep me interested as well. I wont go into detail but we all like that rush when all eyes are on you and you're being judged. As well as battling to prove your worth.

Hybrids... Common it brought a lot of people back :lol: Finally being able to create any drift beast I want, keeps me on GT5.

Final thing keeping me drifting on GT5 is the Drift itself. I like the feeling of the wheel spinning through my hands as im sliding sideways.
DRIFTING IS FUN and I don't need a tag around my name that says im keeping it that way... Cause it already is that way.

Sorry for the long post, but I hope it helps some of you that feel as they are drifting for a lost cause OR are starting to lose interest.

You just gotta have heart. Love the drift and the drift will love you back :lol:
Amen slick K.D.F.A. my dude.:dunce:👍 The thing that keeps me ticking is improvement no matter how good you think you are you could always be better! But what keeps my fire always burning is the haters and my friends slick,gamb, and everyone else that know they count to me. Since hybrids i feel like a gt5 junkie lookin for my next fix if you catch my drift. Spark great idea bro I like this thread!:dopey:👍

Last edited:
Favourite cars:
Phil Morrison's Driftwork S15
Juha Rintanen Achillies S14
Any Drift Monkey S Chassis

Favourite Drivers:
Phil Morrison
Naoki Nakamura
James Deane
Tetsuya Hibino
Jeremy Lowe

Favourite Teams:
Team Burst
Team Orange
Drift monkey
Drift Union

well, I don't know if it counts as an inspiration :D, but I would have to say the good folks I met back in OsakaHQ, BABYd/Overtake and CH3VY/Sideways to name a few (oddly enough :odd: :lol:), because just seeing them drift around lobbies just made me want to do my best out there, to represent OsakaHQ as best I could. Now that I'm in MLD, the folks there are pretty chill, It was really nice of them to take me in. And as far as I remember, I didn't even ask to join XD

But really, throughout my whole experience in GT5 online, no one has ever inspired me more than you, Yumi. Every time I drift with her, it makes me perfect my skill more and more, so that there won't be any kind of slip-ups in every tandem run we have, and that every run would be flawless. Hanging out with her is always a pleasure and never a waste of time :). Simply put, she's the best :embarrassed:

Last edited:
When I saw the US vs Japan Drift Off on SPEED, that's what got me started. Then I was always drifting on NFSU & watching YouTube. But once I got my PS3, my sister's ex had GT5 & I had always asked to use it. I started out drifting a R32 with SH on the front & CH on the back. It didn't take me long to find out about the GTP Drift Community. Once I signed up, my knowledge for drifting grew. Everybody on this forum practically kept me inspired, & I thank you all.

It all started in the Motor City(Detroit, MI, for those not in the know; or rather a little suburb called Oak Park just to the north)..I think there's something in the lake surrounded air that makes it a town that breeds motorheads(or The Big Three is putting something in the water.) One would think I grew up lusting after cars, just waiting for my chance to get behind the wheel, but not really...Mustangs, camaros, and corvettes were the tools of the trade here, and given their average drivng demographic looked nothing like me, or anything I wanted to grow up to be(want to bore a black kid? Have a middle aged white guy talk to him). Driving at that time meant freedom from home that was it..then I got to college, and my "green friendly" self started hanging out with "green friendly" others many of which had cars. And these cars had aftermarket stereos with huge subwoofers whose glorious vibrations served to picque my interest..disclaimer: unlike many that "partake" and veg out, I usually go all OCD and learn and work at a furious pace...so once I heard the music I had to know how to install a system myself, then I needed to see what cars would serve my purpose, and that's when I started paying attention to the actual vehicles themselves..started with Hondas mostly, first car I purchased myself(by this time had moved to NC), was a 93 honda accord sedan, manual. After I decked it out with sufficent audio/visual entertainment, I was able to concentrate on the dynamics of driving itself, and perfecting my skill with a manual transmission.
Things started to click. The beauty about many pre 2000 vehicles is that you get the basics, narrow tires, no traction control, or fancy suspension..at most there was abs, but I was able to explore the limits of oversteer and understeer in a public setting fairly safely. Another accord sedan, a DA integra, and a 99 integra sedan later, I was using the curvy backroads of Jacksonville NC as my personal playground..Enter Gran Turismo 4..having played GT3 alrdy I knew what to expect..but this one had a wheel, FFB wheel, with actual pedals and full rotation..so I could basically drive with no consequences..
Jacksonville NC is a military town, with a significant portion of the troops having been to japan..so they brought the culture back with them, as well as some of the popular cars..having only seen them in digital form before, to see a 240sx or RX-7 in person was orgasmic..so I "partook" and kept researching and it always seemed to migrate towards drifting..so I tried it on GT3, then GT4, then I rode with some friends, a couple let me drive their cars, and I finally purchased a Z31 of my own..

It's a weird combination but Detroit, ganja, subwoofers, the Marines, and Polyphony Digital are what inspired me to drift..lol

It's weird.. I don't really have an inspiration..

I picked up drifting seemingly by chance, I became bored keeping my car on the 'straight and narrow' and started flinging it around corners in a manner I deemed "artistic" at the time.

I continued doing this for a good few years before I ever saw D1, Best Motoring or any drifting footage of any kind.. then I discovered my 'creation' was nothing new and was disheartened.

Since then I've begun using D1NZ, Drift Muscle and on occasion D1GP to show me how far I have to go and the level that is possible within the sport, less of an 'inspiration' and more of a 'goal'.

I picked it up for fun and began making to goofiest drifters I can (ex. My Odyssey, Elemental, 240 Wagon and the Ram work in progress). Don't twist it I get out there in my Thunderpumpkin MK3 Supra and throw down some rubber. I have been experimenting with a 700hp ACR drifter and a C5R 427 powered Miata(too much power and too little weight, 1301hp, 950kg) thanks to R1600Turbo for creating the Miata for me.

It all started in the Motor City(Detroit, MI, for those not in the know; or rather a little suburb called Oak Park just to the north)..I think there's something in the lake surrounded air that makes it a town that breeds motorheads(or The Big Three is putting something in the water.) One would think I grew up lusting after cars, just waiting for my chance to get behind the wheel, but not really...Mustangs, camaros, and corvettes were the tools of the trade here, and given their average drivng demographic looked nothing like me, or anything I wanted to grow up to be(want to bore a black kid? Have a middle aged white guy talk to him). Driving at that time meant freedom from home that was it..then I got to college, and my "green friendly" self started hanging out with "green friendly" others many of which had cars. And these cars had aftermarket stereos with huge subwoofers whose glorious vibrations served to picque my interest..disclaimer: unlike many that "partake" and veg out, I usually go all OCD and learn and work at a furious pace...so once I heard the music I had to know how to install a system myself, then I needed to see what cars would serve my purpose, and that's when I started paying attention to the actual vehicles themselves..started with Hondas mostly, first car I purchased myself(by this time had moved to NC), was a 93 honda accord sedan, manual. After I decked it out with sufficent audio/visual entertainment, I was able to concentrate on the dynamics of driving itself, and perfecting my skill with a manual transmission.
Things started to click. The beauty about many pre 2000 vehicles is that you get the basics, narrow tires, no traction control, or fancy suspension..at most there was abs, but I was able to explore the limits of oversteer and understeer in a public setting fairly safely. Another accord sedan, a DA integra, and a 99 integra sedan later, I was using the curvy backroads of Jacksonville NC as my personal playground..Enter Gran Turismo 4..having played GT3 alrdy I knew what to expect..but this one had a wheel, FFB wheel, with actual pedals and full rotation..so I could basically drive with no consequences..
Jacksonville NC is a military town, with a significant portion of the troops having been to japan..so they brought the culture back with them, as well as some of the popular cars..having only seen them in digital form before, to see a 240sx or RX-7 in person was orgasmic..so I "partook" and kept researching and it always seemed to migrate towards drifting..so I tried it on GT3, then GT4, then I rode with some friends, a couple let me drive their cars, and I finally purchased a Z31 of my own..

It's a weird combination but Detroit, ganja, subwoofers, the Marines, and Polyphony Digital are what inspired me to drift..lol

man thats dope, "green friendly" lmao.Thanks to everyone that complimented me about the topic idea, im just tired of seeing "dry" drift forums.But, im reading so keep em coming, and awsome replys btw.

Seems like I'm in the same boat as a few others, in that I sort of fell into drifting by accident.

I've loved cars my whole life. When I was really little, I liked Euro sports and super cars, because that's what my dad liked. I turned 13, saw The Fast and the Furious, and there was no turning back. I was hooked on everything JDM...and I enjoyed enraging my dad by telling him that some weird car named a "Skyline" could stomp his darling 911 hahaha.

I grew up in a very small town in rural B.C., so vidoe games and movies were the only place I ever got to see JDM cars :lol: I remember playing both GT1 and GT2 with pretty much JDM cars exclusively. Then I happened to find a used copy of Tokyo Extreme Racer: Zero at a game store...that's when things really changed haha. Aside from the game, which kicked 🤬, there was a short video about Wangan racing included with the game (think it's still on youtube somewhere). I must've watched that video thousands of times. Then I started trying to get my hands on any video about JDM cars that I could find.

That's how I stumbled upon Kiiechi Tsuchiya, and discovered the world of drifting. I found the drifting videos to be the most enjoyable to watch, as they were usually better quality than the street racing videos. At this point, I was still hooked on the cars themselves, not the drifting.

I still wasn't really into drifting when GT5 was released. It wasn't until I found GTP, and stumbled into the drift forums that I really started to get hooked on getting sideways.

I still remember the first time seeing some of the videos posted here...vids by MonsterGAUZ, Sai, Ono, Ant, JrDarkness, as well as the team vids by BURST, D-Max, and of course NEMESIS....I remember thinking to myself "HOLY CRAP, that's possible in this game?!?!?! I have to learn how to do that!!" Another huge inspiration for me was the whole SYDC thread, particularly the work of SeanWelland and Cerebus. Some of my first attempts at drifting in GT5 were a result of trying to copy the action in some of the photos in that thread. The rest is pretty much history :)

Another thing that really peaked my interest in drifting was a couple of the lines from the KDF movie. I can't remember who it is that's talking, but he mentions that a lot of the people he knows in drifting are people who used to do things like skateboarding, bmx riding, or other "action sports" when they were younger...but their bodies can no longer take the punishment those sports cause, and that drifting was something they migrated to somewhat naturally. This is totally something I can identify with. When it's time to hang up the ski boots, I hope to replace them with driving shoes :D

For me it would have to be Keiichi Tsuchiya. As an anime fan I kinda stumbled upon initial d and it kinda reminded me if rally racing but I found it weird that it wasn't on dirt. After some research I found a bunch of his videos, and started learning to drift from the drift bible

tumblr_lxy6rzKVZJ1rnw2czo1_500_zpscf444ed6.jpg

images_zps18d2e453.jpg

Keiichi Tuschiya and Ueo Katsuhiro, both would be my inspiration. Since when I was a kid, automobiles were my passion. Hot wheels were my favorite toys. Surprisingly, I still enjoy and collect them. :D

For me,

The number one reason is the drifting itself. I've always liked the drifting scene no matter from what aspect you're looking at it,virtual or in real life.Drifting is just drifting and i love doing it.Joining GTP has been a huge leap for me,because here i got to drift with some of the best virtual drifters around and i have learned alot during my time here and i still keep learning...

Also,one of my biggest dreams is to be a professional driver sometime and to have my own drift car,for example the Ps13..
So that of course motivates me to do it virtually,for now;)

It haven't always been that easy to keep going and to keep it sideways in gt5,it has had it's ups and downs,but thank god for hybrids,they got me totally drifting again..The nature, the beauty and the art of drifting is the things which keeps me going sideways

Last edited:
I saw ueo in his trashed AE86 19 years ago and was hooked.... The ultimate kung fu drifter..... That got me importing drift cars and parts to uk.

I had one of the first wide bodied drift spec 180sx and a s14a strawberry!! that was the year driftworks opened. Some of you may remember project stoopid Phil morrisons s13 with the 12j wheels, he got them from me. Drift is my life.
Name a drift video and I have it even d1gp on VHS LOL

To be honest my favorite drifters is iNs3CuRe and Gauz , eddyac and Spank!

My favorite car to drift .. I drift anything with my DS3 :lol:

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back