Whole TG Mag GT5 Feature. Final.

Rumor has it that the Top Gear feature is based on a final version of the game, they were very impressed not only with the graphics as expected but also with the physics, namely in the crash with the 458 Italia, and the sounds as well. Just something to keep in mind.

IMHO, I feel the sounds (and possibly physics) in the final release will be something we have yet to see, far better than what we have seen at that.

So your saying that after PD went to the track, hired a helicopter, took tons of photos and video from the air and on ground, drove around and studied every detail that they somehow managed to get such a detail wrong? I dunno it looks like the engine are together rather than the usual style

http://www.seriouswheels.com/pics-2...g-tows-Boeing-747-Front-And-Side-1280x960.jpg

1001012i.jpg

I think he meant that KY did model the jet engines correctly and that in reallife the engine placement (attached side-by-side) is wrong (as far as Boeing 747s go)?
:)

I thought something was strange, given that we were being shown VW buses in just three colors. But it turns out that it's correct. In 1963, it was available in only: Turquoise, Sealing Wax Red, and Mouse Gray (the greenish one). I would have thought many more colors would be available.

I appreciate the accuracy.

Last edited:
I thought something was strange, given that we we're being shown VW buses in just three colors. But it turns out that it's correct. In 1963, it was available in only: Turquoise, Sealing Wax Red, and Mouse Gray (the greenish one). I would have thought many more colors would be available.

Don't worry, custom paint jobs are confirmed:)

I thought something was strange, given that we we're being shown VW buses in just three colors. But it turns out that it's correct. In 1963, it was available in only: Turquoise, Sealing Wax Red, and Mouse Gray (the greenish one). I would have thought many more colors would be available.

There's a few more here actually

Read the latest TG Magazine, and here's some interesting findings, starting with cars on the runway:

Pagani Zonda R, Alfa Romeo 8C, Ford Focus WRC rally car (I'm not sure which version), new ASL Super GT models (I saw 3), new BMW 6? Series, two WW2 Vehicles, Maserati (Gran Turismo, i think), about 3 Lexus Super GT's, Lotus Evora, and a Jaguar (XJ?).

Of course, there are more. I am pointing out the interesting ones I saw.

I'll take close-ups soon...

Read the latest TG Magazine, and here's some interesting findings, starting with cars on the runway:

Pagani Zonda R, Alfa Romeo 8C, Ford Focus WRC rally car (I'm not sure which version), new ASL Super GT models (I saw 3), new BMW 6? Series, two WW2 Vehicles, Maserati (Gran Turismo, i think), about 3 Lexus Super GT's, Lotus Evora, and a Jaguar (XJ?).

Sorry to say this, but you're a couple of days late. All the cars in that picture has already been identified by numerous poeple here.

The lighting on the car is also to thanks. It looks incredible.

The lighting helps off course, but the noise adds to the effect. Photos normally have some noise vs the clean look of CG and renders

cool! The physics in GT5P are well done as console games go, but compared to PC sims I find it a bit lacking.

Prologue is years old now, and is nothing like GT5. The physics engine has been totally rebuilt from the tyre up

Sorry to say this, but you're a couple of days late. All the cars in that picture has already been identified by numerous poeple here.
Any list?

Other things that people may have mentioned: 16 cars on the Top Gear Test Track, no 'ghost passes' on the overlapping section, which can turn into a mini demolition derby.

Again, the likelihood is i'm late. :ouch:

I'll take close-ups soon...

Thanks, but we have dozens of pages dedicated to figuring out every car in that picture. Look back a few pages, save yourself the work.

I tried to figure out most of the cars. I used the picture from the first page of that topic and added some names.

gt5tgcarsnamed.gif

Anyone knows what's name of the labeled 'Unknown Ford Mustang' car?

Edit: just realised, the Audi TTS Coupe is a HPA TT.

Last edited:
The lighting helps off course, but the noise adds to the effect. Photos normally have some noise vs the clean look of CG and renders

Prologue is years old now, and is nothing like GT5. The physics engine has been totally rebuilt from the tyre up

very cool! yeah, it will be nice to try out the new pro physics!

Eleanor was a 67' Shelby Mustang GT 500, sadly the Stang ate too many cupcakes in the 70's.

The original Eleanor was 1973 Mach 1, the 2000 remake was the one you're thinking of.

The original Eleanor does look a bit like the one in that picture.

972.jpg

Yes, I was commenting about the later movie car, my mistake. I've never liked the 70's Mustangs they were very bland in my eyes, until re-finished and some minor alterations and they were ok. Why hasn't the foxbody Mustang's been in or any of the 70-92 Camaro's (that concept Iroc in GT4 was pointless) for that matter but this is the wrong place, so I'm done

The original Eleanor was 1973 Mach 1, the 2000 remake was the one you're thinking of.

The original Eleanor does look a bit like the one in that picture.

Yeah.. little bit different to that CGI bit where Nick Cage jumps the accident on the bridge...

original.png

It's actually kinda worrying there's no Veyron in the Pic, maybe it's not Premium. If it was I would've thought they'd put such an Iconic car somewhere in there!

You do know that not all cars in that picture are premium right?

It's defo a Honda CR-Z, probably the Spoon version.

You do know that not all cars in that picture are premium right?

It's defo a Honda CR-Z, probably the Spoon version.

All cars in the TG image, all 96, are indeed Premium.

Well spotted. All this worry could be avoided if they just released a full car list:idea:

If the game is gold now why should that be a problem?

Because people want a bit of a surprise? PSP excepted, there's never been a full car list given to us prior to the game's release. And considering we know roughly 90% of the list already, I don't mind having a few surprises...

Latest Posts

Back