Whole TG Mag GT5 Feature. Final.

No, it's 100% correct. You're confusing image resolution with car modeling. The car models are exactly the same as in GT4. But they are now in High Definition and with better reflections.

They're not modeled exactly the same from gt4. PD said themselves that they have been fully upgraded with the PS3's power and that they weren't just "copied and pasted" from GT4. If you've noticed there are a few "standard" cars in that top gear picture. They don't look like "the exact same cars from gt4 but with better reflections" to me.:P

They're not modeled exactly the same from gt4. PD said themselves that they have been fully upgraded with the PS3's power and that they weren't just "copied and pasted" from GT4. If you've noticed there are a few "standard" cars in that top gear picture. They don't look like "the exact same cars from gt4 but with better reflections" to me.:P

Banging-head-on-desk.gif

Read. A whole one post above you. There are no Standards in that Top Gear image.

If we're gonna go back into the two-tier debate, can we please do it in the proper thread?

Which ones? I find it hard to tell once they're that size.
I think the standards are geometrically the same as the menu/photomode models, and haven't seen anything to convince me otherwise. Maybe the occlusion textures have been reworked and the driver's helmet isn't pixelated any more, but I can't see the difference to the shape of the cars.

Edit: apologies, I should know better than carrying this on in this thread.

I did have a horrible thought about EA's Porche deal expanding to certain other sports cars in the VW group, but the presence of a recent Lamborghini would mean that's unlikely.

Last edited:

why do i get the feeling there's gonna be a s**tstorm when the game actually comes out, and people hop into a standard car..

All cars in the TG image, all 96, are indeed Premium.
Is there a source for that ? I don't recall seeing that written in the Top Gear mag or anywhere else. I think we can all agree about the first rows but how can we be sure for the other cars?
I'm asking that in order to update my car list ;)

Yes, I was commenting about the later movie car, my mistake. I've never liked the 70's Mustangs they were very bland in my eyes, until re-finished and some minor alterations and they were ok. Why hasn't the foxbody Mustang's been in or any of the 70-92 Camaro's (that concept Iroc in GT4 was pointless) for that matter but this is the wrong place, so I'm done

QFT.

The only reason I can think of is that the cars from that era are drastically underpowered/smogged out due to the insurance restrictions and all that jazz. Still doesn't seem to be a good reason to me though.

Personally I like the cars and at one point I owned an IROC.

Is there a source for that ? I don't recall seeing that written in the Top Gear mag or anywhere else. I think we can all agree about the first rows but how can we be sure for the other cars?
I'm asking that in order to update my car list ;)

Well, all but a handful have been seen numerous times before, in Premium videos or images. Or have appeared in the demo version of GTHD (the Celica, Evo IV, Miata), or Prologue. Others, like the LFA, MP4-12C, XKR and RS6 (current-gen), are entirely new to the series and haven't been in any previous GT's, which also makes them Premiums. The Spoon CR-Z is unlikely to be Standard since the road car is Premium (though I guess it is possible, like the R8 LMS), meaning the only one that's really questionable is the '89 300ZX. Considering it'd be odd to have a lone Standard in a group of Premiums, I feel it's safe to call it one too (though I may be wrong).

Well, all but a handful have been seen numerous times before, in Premium videos or images. Or have appeared in the demo version of GTHD (the Celica, Evo IV, Miata), or Prologue. Others, like the LFA, MP4-12C, XKR and RS6 (current-gen), are entirely new to the series and haven't been in any previous GT's, which also makes them Premiums. The Spoon CR-Z is unlikely to be Standard since the road car is Premium (though I guess it is possible, like the R8 LMS), meaning the only one that's really questionable is the '89 300ZX. Considering it'd be odd to have a lone Standard in a group of Premiums, I feel it's safe to call it one too (though I may be wrong).
I guess you're right. I just took a closer look and indeed most of the cars are already confirmed as premium. Several others are from GTHD so I guess that confirms all cars from this game are also Premium.
Anyway, looks like I have some work to do now ;) Thanks again.

Others, like the LFA, MP4-12C, XKR and RS6 (current-gen), are entirely new to the series and haven't been in any previous GT's, which also makes them Premiums.

I said something along these lines in another thread regarding a different car but a member was quick to point out the Lamborghini Countach (at least I think) being new to the series and still a standard.

I said something along these lines in another thread regarding a different car but a member was quick to point out the Lamborghini Countach (at least I think) being new to the series and still a standard.

Well the Countach isn't new to the series as it appeared in GT-PSP, I'll agree that it's strange it's still modelled the old way though ( along with some other cars like the R8 LMS ), I'm guessing they already build it during or shortly after the development of GT4 when they still didn't have the Lamborghini licence.
Can't see them modelling any new Standard cars alongside building Premiums to be honest as that wouldn't make sense, especially not the Countach being such an iconic car.

Well the Countach isn't new to the series as it appeared in GT-PSP, I'll agree that it's strange it's still modelled the old way though ( along with some other cars like the R8 LMS ), I'm guessing they already build it during or shortly after the development of GT4 when they still didn't have the Lamborghini licence.
Can't see them modelling any new Standard cars alongside building Premiums to be honest as that wouldn't make sense, especially not the Countach being such an iconic car.

What if new models in GTPSP are lower LOD of GT5 Premium models?
That's my idea.

What if new models in GTPSP are lower LOD of GT5 Premium models?
That's my idea.

In the case of the ZR1, Enzo, GTbyCitroen, and a few others, yeah, but since the Countach and R8 LMS are listed on the official site as Standards, not them...

this is from the PSP video and as you can see it is also dark tinted glass. I think Sony PD and Bugatti has licensing issues thats why the cars inside view will not be shown.

Er, I don't think a company would only allow just the exterior to be modeled. It's been covered numerous times that tinted glass alone does not make a car Standard.

In the case of the ZR1, Enzo, GTbyCitroen, and a few others, yeah, but since the Countach and R8 LMS are listed on the official site as Standards, not them...

Er, I don't think a company would only allow just the exterior to be modeled. It's been covered numerous times that tinted glass alone does not make a car Standard.

I still hope Veyron will be a premium car. Honestly it is one ugly car, it looks like a Cockroach, but what I like about the car is its power and its interior looks great.

By the way is there a confirmation if we shall see the fastest road car ever the "SSC Ultimate Aero"

ssc_ultimate_aero_rank_1_revise.jpg

and the most expensive and powerful Lambo ever the "Lamborghini Reventon" costing $1,600,000 second only to Veyron.

lamborghini-reventon-side-view-thumbnail.jpg

Last edited:
Hhmm... The Yellow mustang is very very interesting. its clearly a 1971 - 1973 model. Eleanor anyone? :D
71boss1.jpg

Yeah its been narrowed down to 1971 Mach 1. All we don`t know is whether it is Small Block or Big Block powered. I would put my money on it being a 300horse 351ci Cleveland.

I still hope Veyron will be a premium car. Honestly it is one ugly car, it looks like a Cockroach, but what I like about the car is its power and its interior looks great.

By the way is there a confirmation if we shall see the fastest road car ever the "SSC Ultimate Aero"

ssc_ultimate_aero_rank_1_revise.jpg

and the most expensive and powerful Lambo ever the "Lamborghini Reventon" costing $1,600,000 second only to Veyron.

lamborghini-reventon-side-view-thumbnail.jpg

👍
I'm still waiting for the confirmation of the following vehicles in GT5:

Ferrari FXX
Audi R15 TDI, plus.
Toyota GT-One road version
and the Lamborghini Reventon.

SSC Ultimate Aero is awesome and I definitely hope it's in game. Just for clarification it lost its title as fastest production car to the new Veyron SS

Even though it's dead now I want so see this,

Saleen S5S Raptor,

saleen_s5s_raptor_0_430.jpg

saleen-raptor.jpg

Saleen-S5S-Raptor-concept-s.jpg

It would have been a real competitor to the 458 italia and MP4-12C, maybe even faster than both. I personally think it looks better than both though, that and the fact that it will now never be is why I really want it in GT5/6 or as DLC for either.

Those are the postcards offered with GTPSP Collector edition. Maybe It can explain the "standard-ish" quality.

I think Veyron is standard because other way they must show us a whole car with interior.(I mean provide a screen-shot with cockpit visible).

I believe the Mini Cooper S at the back of the first image (see first page) is the newer shape '07 (I think) with the 1.6 turbo engine. It is hard to work out from the image on the 1st page but it seemed pretty clear to me when I had a flick through the article whilst in a shop this morning.

I think Veyron is standard because other way they must show us a whole car with interior.(I mean provide a screen-shot with cockpit visible).

Well they wasted there time making the kubalwagen as a premium. I rather see the Veyron as premium than this useless cars

Well they wasted there time making the kubalwagen as a premium. I rather see the Veyron as premium than this useless cars

The Veyron is most definitely premium. The only reason we have standard cars is because we had GT4. Since the Veyron was not in GT4, it therefore must be premium as they would not model a new car in GT4 format.

The Veyron is most definitely premium. The only reason we have standard cars is because we had GT4. Since the Veyron was not in GT4, it therefore must be premium as they would not model a new car in GT4 format.

Audi and Lambo are shown as standard here and their debut was the PSP game.
http://us.gran-turismo.com/us/news/d5247.html

Edit: It could be that they are restricted from using the car in promotional material, that's one possible explanation.

Last edited:
Back