Who's been banned?

• Thread starter tipoma
  • 43 comments

tipoma

(Banned)
United States
United States
I've not been banned from PSN or PD servers and I could not find a direct thread about it so here is one. With all the loopholes in the game I'm just curious how many people have been caught up and have had accounts banned over things such as the pit glitch and many other ways it is possible to cheat the game.

I do absolutely nothing that would come close to getting me banned. I don't use cheats or go looking for them, I don't cut the track, I don't use questionable livery's, I don't race others dirty hell I don't even race the AI dirty.
It's just not worth it and there is no satisfction in it.

Coincidence you started this thread, I've recently come off a 7 day ban from PSN. I wont go into details about why but basically it was a certain offensive logo that I put on the roof of a car using livery editor, had the smart idea to take a picture and upload it.. people got offended and I served 7 days in Playstation Prison.

I know 3 people that got a couple day suspension for no reason... I think some players are abusing the report feature when they get mad at someone. Most of the racing I do is in “Dirty Nascar” lobbies. Blue Moon Bay with Boost and Slipstream on Strong. The Objective is to win but wreck the hell out of everyone in the process and you can imagine the tempers that flare in such a room lmao

Coincidence you started this thread, I've recently come off a 7 day ban from PSN. I wont go into details about why but basically it was a certain offensive logo that I put on the roof of a car using livery editor, had the smart idea to take a picture and upload it.. people got offended and I served 7 days in Playstation Prison.
Wasn't a general lee livery was it? I will get rid of mine right away if that's what the punishment is....

Ive noticed some of my favorite Dunlop logos have been taken off the servers, now I know they arnt offensive however maybe the person who uploaded them got banned and now their uploaded decals are gone too?

Who can tell. I farted during a online race today. So I guess its a 2 week ban for me.
Judging by this I'd say some leniency and common sense should prevail, I've never understood the report report happy crowd anyway as the powers that be seem to make things a further mess. I've seen all sorts of jackass drivers, cheaters, poor taste in language and liveries but would never hit that report button. That's just me I guess.

gtsport_stats.png

Judging by this I'd say some leniency and common sense should prevail, I've never understood the report report happy crowd anyway as the powers that be seem to make things a further mess. I've seen all sorts of jackass drivers, cheaters, poor taste in language and liveries but would never hit that report button. That's just me I guess.

gtsport_stats.png
I agree. Its kind of like telling the teacher on someone at school. You need to be flogged with a sock full of wet sand.

I know 3 people that got a couple day suspension for no reason... I think some players are abusing the report feature when they get mad at someone. Most of the racing I do is in “Dirty Nascar” lobbies. Blue Moon Bay with Boost and Slipstream on Strong. The Objective is to win but wreck the hell out of everyone in the process and you can imagine the tempers that flare in such a room lmao
Tempers shouldn't flare in a room titled dirty NASCAR :lol:

You'd be surprised...

I started a room simply titled 'DIRTY RACING' (in caps) and then, 1 lap in to a 6 lap Alsace race an NZ player pulled over and sent me a PSN message saying "Trust a Pom who can't drive fast to drive dirty..."

I kindly advised him to read the title of the lobby he's joined. He left shortly afterward.

You get bias behavior in these lobbies where some people get into party chat and don’t wreck each other but still take you out lol that’s one thing that flares tempers. You also get players who don’t try to win the race and are just there to kill people no matter what position you’re in... it’s not the dirty racing that gets people going, it’s the little things behing the scenes and the players who don’t care to win but rather stop a specific individual from winning or having a chance to win.

I agree. Its kind of like telling the teacher on someone at school. You need to be flogged with a sock full of wet sand.

You would rather have a game without custom liveries? Millions play the game, PD is responsibly for keeping the game clean, and they need the players to help them or it would be a pure **** show, you should thank them and keep the sock down.

From what i can see the obscene words, rude gestures and blatant sexist stuff is removed. And then we have the Copyright issues that also seem to be a big part of what is removed. Maybe they ban the people that creates those liveries/decals or uses them.

f I had a penny for the amount of rooms I've seen titled Porsche Cup or F1500T and people join and get in a tomahawk lol
I would have 5 pence
I was in a Porsche Cup lobby that had 14/16 players in but not all of them were driving the Porsche. A few minutes later the hosts starts to kick out every non-Porsche-driver. After that the lobby had 5 players left 👍
Yes, I get the point of wanting an only Porsche race but I still found that to be kinda dumb :lol: I saw the lobby later being empty...

You get bias behavior in these lobbies where some people get into party chat and don’t wreck each other but still take you out lol that’s one thing that flares tempers. You also get players who don’t try to win the race and are just there to kill people no matter what position you’re in... it’s not the dirty racing that gets people going, it’s the little things behing the scenes and the players who don’t care to win but rather stop a specific individual from winning or having a chance to win.
Yeah, I'd argue that all that is implied in the name of the room. And a win in a dirty lobby isn't exactly something to pat youself on the back for. Its fun to wreck sometimes and with boost on just about anyone can win.

Ahhh come on, what was it??

You would rather have a game without custom liveries? Millions play the game, PD is responsibly for keeping the game clean, and they need the players to help them or it would be a pure **** show, you should thank them and keep the sock down.

From what i can see the obscene words, rude gestures and blatant sexist stuff is removed. And then we have the Copyright issues that also seem to be a big part of what is removed. Maybe they ban the people that creates those liveries/decals or uses them.
No doubt your one of those with the finger on the report button....

No doubt your one of those with the finger on the report button....

I've used the report button... No shame here. This isn't GTA, if you wanna play like that then crack on and play in lobbies or a different game.

I enjoy dirty racing, in specific lobbies away from Sport mode. On sport mode I enjoy close, clean racing. You honestly think the world would be a wonderful place if nobody 'told tales' on people?

What do you think keeps politicians in some semblance of respectability? If nobody told tales then we'd end up like some corrupted countries in other parts of the world...

That escalated quickly, sorry about that, but my opinion is that 1 team of IT peeps can't monitor everything - a whole player base can.

I've not been banned from PSN or PD servers and I could not find a direct thread about it so here is one. With all the loopholes in the game I'm just curious how many people have been caught up and have had accounts banned over things such as the pit glitch and many other ways it is possible to cheat the game.
He has asked who has been banned, but now he too has been banned

Back