WHO'S GOT THE FASTEST ROTTUCCINO on Tokyo Grind?

• Thread starter Mudda Chod
  • 40 comments
Australia
Australia
Also known as the Coffee Grinder the 13B rotary engine-swapped Suzuki Cappuccino is now the most effective way of grinding for credits in Gran Turismo 7, I was wondering who has the fastest times

Post your times here, with screenshot please.

Here's mine:
183ed51a85c45-3f960A3A036C9852AAF.72BF90DC9279FEB0_message_426529971858565_1666132702572.jpg

The Current champion is : @bosOyota with 24:18.643

Can you get within 3% of his time?
Gold (3%): 25:02.402
Silver (5%): 26:31.575
Bronze (10%): 27:44.507

Edit:

For those who don't have the Suzuki Cappuccino it's only available (randomly) from the Used Car dealership. You'll also need the 13B-REW-RX-7 rotary engine swap which is obtained (randomly) via six-star roulette tickets. (Some people utilised a previous game glitch which provided many six-star tickets, hence the prevalence of the ROTTUCCINO!!)
Here's the Praiano Tune which is quite good (but not the fastest obviously)

Good luck!!

Last edited:
What is a rottuccino?

Suzuki Cappuccino with RX7 engine swap (13B-REW-RX-7 rotary engine)

It's the meta grind now that Tomahawk is dead.

I've updated the original post to include an explanation

Last edited:
What is a rottuccino?
Indeed.

This is the issue when people just start making up their own languages and assuming everyone knows what they mean. Literally the only person to use the word "Rottuccino" on the site ever is... @Mudda Chod

More people have called it "BRAPpaccino"... but still, you cannot expect people to know what you mean when you say that either.

While a lot of us who spend our lives on the site might be able to infer the meaning, anyone without the knowledge that there's a Suzuki Cappuccino in the game, that engine swaps are in the game, and that you can put a rotary engine into the Cappuccino would be lost.

As are people who don't know what either of these words mean bereft of context:

meta grind
This isn't Twitter or a text message; you will not run out of space for explanation. There's no reason you couldn't have explained all of this in the opening post.

"As the 13B rotary engine-swapped Suzuki Cappuccino is now the most effective way of grinding for credits in Gran Turismo 7, I was wondering who has the fastest times" and so on.

There's no reason you couldn't have explained all of this in the opening post.

"As the 13B rotary engine-swapped Suzuki Cappuccino is now the most effective way of grinding for credits in Gran Turismo 7, I was wondering who has the fastest times" and so on.

Indeed

Opening post updated 👍

Last edited:
Indeed

Opening post updated 👍
Seemed plainly logical to me from the title alone. A simple portmanteau... I didn't even know one could engine swap the Cappuccino as I've not really played or been on the site much the last month or two and I figured it out immediately, though I didn't know if it was referring to the RX-7 or 787B, either way popping into the parts section with the Cappuccino will lead one right to it. (Assuming one did the engine ticket bonanza, that is)

Out of curiosity, is it good on Tokyo due to being planted in the rain, just fast as hell due to weight-to-power ratio, or something else? Not even sure that I own the Cappuccino unless it was one of the kei car collection book requirements. Guess I could log in and try it out, but man I hate that race after hundreds of Tomahawk runs! Anything else feels like you're walking through the course, lol

Last edited:
Seemed plainly logical to me from the title alone. A simple portmanteau... I didn't even know one could engine swap the Cappuccino as I've not really played or been on the site much the last month or two and I figured it out immediately, though I didn't know if it was referring to the RX-7 or 787B, either way popping into the parts section with the Cappuccino will lead one right to it. (Assuming one did the engine ticket bonanza, that is)

Out of curiosity, is it good on Tokyo due to being planted in the rain, just fast as hell due to weight-to-power ratio, or something else? Not even sure that I own the Cappuccino unless it was one of the kei car collection book requirements. Guess I could log in and try it out, but man I hate that race after hundreds of Tomahawk runs! Anything else feels like you're walking through the course, lol
Lol... Yeah, it's pretty good. It's not as fast as the Tomahawk, or 2J, of course, but on par with the A220 and technically this is not a glitch build. Prainao's tune is linked above, and my review is here...

Luckily I already owned a Cappuccino. I must have bought it for the kei car event, as you mentioned. If you don't own one already, I think it's only available (randomly) from the Used Car dealership.

Last edited:
Lol... Yeah, it's pretty good. It's not as fast as the Tomahawk, or 2J, of course, but on par with the A220 and technically this is not a glitch build. Prainao's tune is linked above, and my review is here...

Luckily I already owned a Cappuccino. I must have bought it for the kei car event, as you mentioned. If you don't own one already, I think it's only available (randomly) from the Used Car dealership.
I just tried it out (luckily owned one) and it's quite fast but man I was just spinning at the first corner. Not sure if it's gearing, tire selection, or what but I think I'll be needing that build from Praiano for sure, lol. Thanks for linking the thread on it, as it would take me a while to tame this beast in the rain on my own. Upside is it seems like enough of a challenge that I might sink a few hours or more into it, and it's been a long time since I've done that in GT7. Glad I saw this thread

I call it the coffee grinder...
Ultra-high turbo
View attachment 1201793Medium turboView attachment 1201794Same set-up for both runs. Doing 3 laps on inters then 9 on RH and adding some fuel. I'll post my tune after this weeks update if it still works.
Coffee Grinder!!!! Bwaaaahaaaa. I have added this into the original post...

Man those times are fast! You are the king!!

Last edited:
I ran 27 minutes and change with my rolling coffee cup (Cappucino + 13B engine). Yes I'm normally a bit sarcastic here and there, if something I post isn't clear, just ask.
I'm happy with that time. The car is a little unstable but very manageable.
I prefer a more stable car, though, which can be had in my RX-7, Murceilago, or 2J, so I may run those instead.
I also aim to try out a Cappuccino with the stock engine and see what happens there. I'd explain it all in detail but I'm running out of space to fini

Last edited:
So the good news is that the Rottuccino coffee grinder is still alive and well after update 1.25. The PP has changed, and also the physics.... So I guess our fastest times will be different now...

So the good news is that the Rottuccino coffee grinder is still alive and well after update 1.25. The PP has changed, and also the physics.... So I guess our fastest times will be different now...
In whats way have they changed,im away from my console at the moment.Are they better or worse?Somebody posted that they got rid of the understeer?

In whats way have they changed,im away from my console at the moment.Are they better or worse?Somebody posted that they got rid of the understeer?
Let's just say that the online Time Trial fastest lap has reduced by nearly 1 second... We now have 2 days to re-do it for the Gold

I'll definitely try this tomorrow.

I probably need a few tries to see which strategy is the best with tyres.

The car seems to be even faster than the Alpine A220 glitch.

I'll definitely try this tomorrow.

I probably need a few tries to see which strategy is the best with tyres.

The car seems to be even faster than the Alpine A220 glitch.
It's a bit unstable now compared to before update though.

Back