Who's Oldest and Youngest?

  • Thread starter Thread starter SirAlanClive
  • 45 comments
  • 2,875 views
Status
Not open for further replies.

SirAlanClive

Premium
Messages
677
United Kingdom
Florø/Norway
Messages
GTP_Rossi/SirAlanClive
I was struck by a comment I read the other day on the GT Academy pages...I'm a brit so I was just peeking at you yanks to see what they gave you instead of the SLS b-spec comp...

Someone said "There's a guy of 52 who beat such and such a time!!...."

Well I think it's about time we look for the records, both up 'n' down. It ain't mine for sure cos I'm only 50, but I do get a 1960's something or other on 6. feb (me and Ron Reagan and Bob Marley).

Come on you old geezers...own up! (Make me feel young again ;-)) and daiper boy...where are you? Got to be some crazy 10 year olds out there?

OOps...I found this:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=114794

But this is 60 pages long....could we do a poll? 0-10, 11-20, 21-30, 31-40, 41-50, 51-60, 61-70, ??

I trawled that thread to get the numbers....lot of work, but what else to do while grinding b-spec?

Leaderboard:

Oldest: atiger @ 72, svBackStreets & Tobaccoville @70 (Tyger's Dad @ 82... respect yo!)
Youngest: benokobi & Quiet_Storm @ 11,Mazda Mazda & Zuh8 & lukey2985 & Andreicreative & Nvedamuthu @ 12


Some of these youngsters may have aged since their posts....

Trawling fast through 60 pages, I noticed fewer 25 - 35 year olds than I expected....probably that temporary infatuation with women we are prone to at that age?

I added a public poll (a bit late I know)

Personally my vote goes to svBackStreets' wife....jeez she's a girl with a wheel and she's 68!! Now that's something.
 
Last edited:
I'm 30. :sly:
I think if you did a poll, most GT players would be about my age. I think it's because GT1 came out when we were in mid to late teens and we've just followed the series.
 
sure, I don't doubt that, but it wasn't the mean I was looking for, it was the extremes ;-)
 
I'm 29 and started with GT1. What a revolutionary title that was.

GT is much more fun when you have money to throw at it. :sly:
 
I'm 58. PS3 is my first gaming console so I started with GT5P.

I remember going to Riverside Raceway with my dad in 1958.
 
I'm thirteen :sly:

It's a shame that the vast majority of people my age find it fun to block the track, and I've been forced to stop using my mic for fear of people kicking me as soon as I begin to speak (as my voice has yet to break) or else I have to pretend to be a girl.:ouch:
 
Nice one Juice...leading the boards as it were

Wow Brush...Thanks for sharing that...We fogies would never guess what you have to go through. Hope it doesn't interfere with your natural development though!
 
I'm thirteen :sly:

It's a shame that the vast majority of people my age find it fun to block the track, and I've been forced to stop using my mic for fear of people kicking me as soon as I begin to speak (as my voice has yet to break) or else I have to pretend to be a girl.:ouch:

go to your ps3's XMB menu (the one that opens when you start the console) go to
->settings
-> accessory settings
-> voice changer
& make your voice 1 or 2 steps deeper... i did this in GTA4 to stop people asking questions...

I'm 16 BTW
 
31.

I have friends who come over, who haven't played any games since our child hood (late 80s-early 90s) and when they try GT5 with the wheel, they right away speak of the arcades we used to go to. Amazing how you can bring the arcade into your home.
 
I'm 38, there is a another thread with a poll on the age groups here.
 
I'm 70 my wife is 68 we both play GT5 daily. We have two cockpits in seperate rooms. One DFGT and one G27.

They should replace the WIIs in nursing homes with PS3s and GT5.
 
I'm 70 my wife is 68 we both play GT5 daily. We have two cockpits in seperate rooms. One DFGT and one G27.

They should replace the WIIs in nursing homes with PS3s and GT5.

I wish I had grandparents like that ;)
 
I'm blown away....Nice work (btw....which wheel do you prefer?). The other thread mentioned above did indeed have a poll. There were 55 above 46yo.

Well each old thread about age points to at least one previous such thread so I guess there are 5 - 10 threads on this topic. Seen a few 68's and 69's out there but 70 seems the present leader. All the other polls go like 0-10, 11-21.....then 46+. Well that sucks. I want my own age group! I've spent 50 years being childish so don't get me in a tantrum now or I'll stamp my foot!
 
Last edited:
I'm 13, have no real friends, and get kicked out of lobby's for being young, even though I mean no harm and just want to race clean and fair.
 
edit: double posted
 
I'm 13, my earliest memories are of GT2 and Porsche Unleashed, and I somehow manage to balance COD, Minecraft, GT5, and schoolwork into my everyday life. And no, I'm not one of those cry-baby kids.
 
I'm 38, and my dad is the grand old age of 82, and he plays me at 2 player split screen...I usually have a slightly slower car admittedly, he favours an Impreza 22b and he's really not bad once he gets some laps in :)
 
still 37 for a few months lol and started with GT3 :)
 
12 and ~8 months, did i win?
 
I'm blown away....Nice work (btw....which wheel do you prefer?). The other thread mentioned above did indeed have a poll. There were 55 above 46yo.

Well each old thread about age points to at least one previous such thread so I guess there are 5 - 10 threads on this topic. Seen a few 68's and 69's out there but 70 seems the present leader. All the other polls go like 0-10, 11-21.....then 46+. Well that sucks. I want my own age group! I've spent 50 years being childish so don't get me in a tantrum now or I'll stamp my foot!



I prefer the G27 but not by much. My wife and I both use paddle shifters.

My neighbor who is 68 has been coming over 3-4 times a week for a couple of years to race. He doesn't have a console. He's afraid he'd be playing all the time.

A friend who is 62 and was a Nissan engineer for 22 years tried
Dirt2 one day and drove 6 1/2 hours straight with one trip to the head. The next two days he drove for 14 hours. He's only been in town twice since GT5 came out. Drove seven hours both days. He'd have a PS3 for sure if he and his wife didn't live on a catamarran in Mexico.

Most people our age aren't too adept with the game controller. They are very familiar with the steering wheel and pedals though. Hopefully some day we'll have a group of 65 and older players online.
 
I'm 13, have no real friends, and get kicked out of lobby's for being young, even though I mean no harm and just want to race clean and fair.

Do you just go out there and say "Hi I'm 13!"?
 
ill land in the middle of the pack at 22 years of age.
 
I'm 70 my wife is 68 we both play GT5 daily. We have two cockpits in seperate rooms. One DFGT and one G27.

They should replace the WIIs in nursing homes with PS3s and GT5.

I wanna be like you when I finally grow up! I hope my wife and I are still playing games together when we reach our 70's. :cheers: I take it you are retired Navy since you used the word "Head" in your second post.
 
I'm 16. I've played GT since the first playstation demo in 1997. I hate it when people my age online come on and just ruin everyones day. If everyones messing round, by all means mess around. But when everyones hotlapping or drag racing and people drive the wrong way round the track or block the road with Veyrons (it's always Veyrons) it really takes the mickey.
 
Both you and your wife have me beat, svBackstreets - I'm only 65. I use a Driving Force Pro wheel along with a stand that I bought off the internet, but my screen is a 61" HDTV along with 5.1 surround speakers. Love the game! I've only been playing since GT4, but I really enjoy it. Retired, of course.

Pete
 
I'm 32, I'd say it's probably about average for a dedicated GT player. Kids don't really have the patience for a GT game, they'd rather noob tube each other online on Call of Duty games.
 
I got GT3 when I was 6

9 years later, it's hilarious to think that I can race my Matte-pink Cappucino against the likes of X2010s, driven by immature kids who like to screw around, and STILL end up on the top of the list. Can't find any mature drivers of my age. Luckily, boys in our small country break voice at 14, so no troubles in that department.
 
I'm 62. Just posted a thread asking for opinions from "Senior GT'ers" Played all the GT iterations and finally perfected my skills using the DFGT wheel - secret for me was using just my big toes on right and left feet on the pedals. LOL
 
46, I figure I'm in the middle somewhere. It would be nice to see a percentage of ages here at GT. I have a feeling most people here are between 20-35. Does that sound right?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back