Who's tired of the trading scene right now?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Afro1
  • 50 comments
  • 1,690 views
Messages
290
I am.
All I see is endless threads (in the market place section) of "Unlimited X1s for trade" or "Ferrari P40, Jag XJ13...". Where's all the proper cars at?
I don't know why people want these cars so bad, everyone has them and they can be obtained by birthday glitches and duping.
I was hoping to see "Jag XJ220 available" and "Classic cars here" but guess I was wrong.
Also I'm having difficulties even trying to trade my Zonda or my Mercs cause as soon as I put up my thread it gets put ot the bottom with the load of X1 threads at the top.

Anyone else tired of this?
 
Nope.
My trades go fine.
Maybe you should try posting what you have to offer as well.
 
I'm kinda tired of this so I mainly ignore the X1 threads. I'm now focusing on pre 2005 race cars, and I want a nice collection of standard race cars. Which means that the trading scene has helped ne a lot trading my Mclaren F1 for a FGT and standards for other standards.
 
Should of said it better.
What I'm saying who else is tired of seeing countless X1 threads and not being able to trade some of the less popular cars they have due to the big popularity of X1s and FGTs?
 
I take it you don't read the classified section in the newspaper?
 
The x1 stuff should run its course in a few more weeks. the casual players will fade and the trading will improve. Be patient.
 
Should of said it better.
What I'm saying who else is tired of seeing countless X1 threads and not being able to trade some of the less popular cars they have due to the big popularity of X1s and FGTs?

Only cars I've been trading for are different coloured X1s and FGTs, Le Mans racers and Super GTs.
They've gone fine so far.
Nearly have all the cars I'm looking for.
 
What's the problem? Make a thread, ask for what you want, offer something.

That's how trading works.
 
I got all the cars I wanted from trading so no, I'm not tired of it just don't need it anymore.
 
What's the problem? Make a thread, ask for what you want, offer something.

That's how trading works.

my gawd, did you read my posts properly?
I said who else is tired in NOT BEING ABLE TO TRADE THERE CARS because they keep getting shunned by the X1s, the FGTs, touring cars whatever.
I'm unable to trade MY cars cause of this.
 
If your thread got ignored, it's because it's not in demand, not because of the X1 thread. I go through a few pages of the marketplace to find the car I want, it doesn't have to be at the top of the page.
 
Another thing that may help would be to put your thread in your Sig.
I click on people's thread links in their Sigs just for a look.
I don't need to put one in my Sig because I don't have a problem.
 
The problem is that with the new system in place, its not proper trading.

In a proper trade you replace something with something else, with this new system you aren't replacing anything. Everyone is just duping cars.

Therefore, i don't partake in the "trade" scene as its not really trading.
 
Yes, I do look through other pages but they mosly want all those expensive touring cars or others. Most people will take a look at the front page and then go about there business. I'm just saying I don't really get why those cars are in demand as everyone has them and there not of much value.
I'm tired of it, wheres the proper cars at?

@dabest: I guess I could do that, saw someone else do that aswell. Thanks.

@visual: Agreed 100%
 
my gawd, did you read my posts properly?
I said who else is tired in NOT BEING ABLE TO TRADE THERE CARS because they keep getting shunned by the X1s, the FGTs, touring cars whatever.
I'm unable to trade MY cars cause of this.



I disagree.



Also... there, their... these are different words.
 
The problem is that with the new system in place, its not proper trading.

In a proper trade you replace something with something else, with this new system you aren't replacing anything. Everyone is just duping cars.

Therefore, i don't partake in the "trade" scene as its not really trading.

You trade gifting limits (once per day) :D
I have no trouble with duping, I don't want to spend my time grinding for a single car when I could spend the money on those fantastic rare UCD cars such as the Honda NSX-R Road Car.

Yes, I do look through other pages but they mosly want all those expensive touring cars or others. Most people will take a look at the front page and then go about there business. I'm just saying I don't really get why those cars are in demand as everyone has them and there not of much value.
I'm tired of it, wheres the proper cars at?

@dabest: I guess I could do that, saw someone else do that aswell. Thanks.

No problem.
I guess after all the fuss about the X1 and FGTs have died down, those overlooked cars will appear.
You can't just keep trading for X1s the whole time.
I'd give it a month.
 
I wish there was a seperate sub thread for X2010 and duplicate trades. Sometimes i'll see an interesting trade thread and i'll put in an offer. 10 minutes later it's on page 5 after being swamped by endless X2010 duplication threads.
 
I wish there was a seperate sub thread for X2010 and duplicate trades. Sometimes i'll see an interesting trade thread and i'll put in an offer. 10 minutes later it's on page 5 after being swamped by endless X2010 duplication threads.

I don't understand the purpose of this thread:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=132885

Honestly, who's going to look back over all those threads to see a reply to an offer made?
 
Look at it this way PD didn't want duping, this is probably why they never introduced back up saves to start with. Backing up the saves is more important though.

I completely agree it is bieng overdone, and I'm sure its only a matter of time until it is stopped by PD.

People who Dupe fair dues to them thier game, thier choice. But it is undervalueing all the 'Rare' cars. That arn't actually rare. I look at it as the cars that are bieng duped are the X1's and FGT's. The cars that i actually want to collect generally arn't affected as they are not the quickest, just strange or interesting.

Back on Topic. It is making it more diffcult to succesfully trade without bieng offered an X1, that I can earn myself instead of having the easy option of trade. Then there is the factor that PD have clearly set the 1 car a day limit to restrict the amount of duping that can/could go on. In turn punnishing the fair players by restricting them to 1 trade a day.

All my opinion only anyway.
 
I completely agree with the OP!👍👍👍 I can't stand having to sift through a ton of X2010 ads while trying to find what I'm actually looking for. No, it wouldn't deter me from trading or posting, and I very much enjoy negotiating for the cars I love, but it's still annoying nevertheless! You'd think all the people how wanted one of these big bug cars would have had one either through glitching or actually earning it....

Little things, but they DO add up!
 
I agree with the op, people all screaming over the X1 because it's so fast. It has the same value as a suzuki cube now. Soon other rarities aren't going to be worth showing off or being proud of either

Also the other day I tried to trade my Mazda 787b for a Peugeot HDI but all I got was a mass of obviously duped X1 cars.

Don't tell me to get a life or say something like 'it's just a car get over it' because that's completely immature, don't try and tell me that everyone should be able to have this car and play how they want because if you had earnt a X1 you wouldn't want everyone to have one as well.

Rant over.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I have to admit, I'm so sick of seeing all of those X1 (X2010... whatever) and FGT threads. It's so cluttered that I don't bother checking that section anymore...
 
I earned everything by myself, have everything I need, and don't care what others have, dupe or trade.
 
Then there is the factor that PD have clearly set the 1 car a day limit to restrict the amount of duping that can/could go on.

I believe that it would have overloaded the servers if people could trade freely.
 
I earned everything by myself, have everything I need, and don't care what others have, dupe or trade.

I don't care that you don't care what I have!
 
I believe that it would have overloaded the servers if people could trade freely.

Not sure but couldn't we trade 3 cars a day before the last patch. I may be wrong I forget, and wasn't into trading much before the patch.

Was always my belief that it was done as PD wern't so stupid to know people would find out how to dupe within 5 minutes.
 
Not me, I'm loving the market at the moment! I'm getting all the cars that I want!
 
Back