Who's tired of the trading scene right now?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Afro1
  • 50 comments
  • 1,690 views
The way gifting works right now, it's more like a swap meet anyway. Proper trading is not feasible unless an auction house (FM3 style) is introduced.
 
It's far more unfair to the community not being able to back up your game saves.
 
It's only a matter of time before the popularity of the Redbull and FGT go down. The rate at which people are trading these cars, giving them away, winning them on A or B spec or duplicating them - there's no way it will last forever.

Different cars will become popular over time, the longer it goes on the more it will swing to other cars.

GT5 is going to have to last us another 5 / 6 years maybe, within half that time Redbulls will become worthless (compared to their new price of 20 mill) because everyone will have one.

Say if Polyphony introduce an online catergory system like GT5 Prologue - 600pp, 650pp, 700pp, 750pp and 800pp. The fastest cars for each of those catergories will suddenly become alot more popular and sought after.

That's what I'm doing at the moment - looking at the future, what base cars have got potential for the future, and I'm stocking up on them.

You gotta be prepared - you never know what mght happen!!!! :)

Also, I find leaving a message on someone's advert to PM me about a car really helps, I put a wanted add up, within 24hrs it was on page 4- I was gutted. I don't bother now, I look for a car I want and then leave a message, if the guy gets back to me then fine, if not it's his loss - I give the car to a friend who I know will appreciate it.
 
HN7
The way gifting works right now, it's more like a swap meet anyway. Proper trading is not feasible unless an auction house (FM3 style) is introduced.


This is one thing i would love if it was implemented correctly.

Would devalue every X1 at the moment for sure. Couldnt see that going for more than a few GT5 pennies
 
Not sure but couldn't we trade 3 cars a day before the last patch. I may be wrong I forget, and wasn't into trading much before the patch.

Was always my belief that it was done as PD wern't so stupid to know people would find out how to dupe within 5 minutes.

It was confirmed by a mod that it was always a 1 day limit.
 
No problems for me. I've duped a few X1's, then used the cars I got from those trades to get cars I wanted in the trade section of the forum. Post, and if someone is interested, they will come. I also suggest an attention grabbing signature.

In any case, it actually might be a good idea to place X1 threads in a separate bin.
 
I got really lucky and duped my hard earned Carbon X1 to someone for 12 Le Mans racers.
Good thing I duped that thing whilst not many had it.
 
GT5 is going to have to last us another 5 / 6 years maybe, within half that time Redbulls will become worthless



Well first off, you could make an argument against what any of these cars are actually "worth". They're "worth" having in your garage, either to drive or look at, or race with. Aside from that, they're worth your time, and some require more of it.


I find the X1 cars pretty worthless. I'm trading for one to have it as a collector's piece, and more importantly to use in B-Spec modes. Outside of that, I won't use it. So it's not necessarily "worth" any more to me now than it will be later on.


And B-Spec is really the whole point of this trading nonsense for me anyway. I'm not going to sit and drive in circles around Indy for endless hours to get money. And it's simply obnoxious that I have to leave my PS3 on for hours so that Bob can do that for me and I can actually afford some of these cars.

The online payout for races is rubbish, and nowhere near enough to ever get an X1, and you finish the A-spec races within one month of the game's release. Grinding is built into the game, intentionally or not. I'm not going to do it. At least with the X1 I can just start an enduro or other B-Spec race and head to bed or do something else. Still doesn't change the fact that in order to get cars I have to do this. It's ridiculous.
 
Not having a personal dig Exorcet, but that is the problem with it.

Theres MR Honest who grinds out his money and trades a car that has some value and hard work put into it.

Then there is MR X1 who dupes his car for no effort and gets the car.

Fair?

I've cheated at games before, but personally think it is wrong to do it for online games. It spoils everyone elses experience.

Again this is just my view and opinion Im not saying im right or wrong, or that your right or wrong. Just how I see it.
 
The online payout for races is rubbish, and nowhere near enough to ever get an X1, and you finish the A-spec races within one month of the game's release. Grinding is built into the game, intentionally or not. I'm not going to do it. At least with the X1 I can just start an enduro or other B-Spec race and head to bed or do something else. Still doesn't change the fact that in order to get cars I have to do this. It's ridiculous.

So very true. Online should pay more than offline since you actually race there instead of doing time trails against yourself while 11 other cars happen to be on the same track.
 
Well first off, you could make an argument against what any of these cars are actually "worth". They're "worth" having in your garage, either to drive or look at, or race with. Aside from that, they're worth your time, and some require more of it.


I find the X1 cars pretty worthless. I'm trading for one to have it as a collector's piece, and more importantly to use in B-Spec modes. Outside of that, I won't use it. So it's not necessarily "worth" any more to me now than it will be later on.


And B-Spec is really the whole point of this trading nonsense for me anyway. I'm not going to sit and drive in circles around Indy for endless hours to get money. And it's simply obnoxious that I have to leave my PS3 on for hours so that Bob can do that for me and I can actually afford some of these cars.

The online payout for races is rubbish, and nowhere near enough to ever get an X1, and you finish the A-spec races within one month of the game's release. Grinding is built into the game, intentionally or not. I'm not going to do it. At least with the X1 I can just start an enduro or other B-Spec race and head to bed or do something else. Still doesn't change the fact that in order to get cars I have to do this. It's ridiculous.

You don't have to buy the X1.
It would be much quicker to earn one than to grind for one.
 
Not having a personal dig Exorcet, but that is the problem with it.

Theres MR Honest who grinds out his money and trades a car that has some value and hard work put into it.

Then there is MR X1 who dupes his car for no effort and gets the car.

Fair?

I've cheated at games before, but personally think it is wrong to do it for online games. It spoils everyone elses experience.

Again this is just my view and opinion Im not saying im right or wrong, or that your right or wrong. Just how I see it.

It's not a mmorpg, having a great car online /=/ 100% win if you can't drive. So that doesn't affect online at all i think, maybe except "wow he has <super rare car model here>" factor.

On topic: as other people has said already.. just wait a bit and sooner or later, everyone who wanted X1 (or all X1s) will get them. Maybe month or 2 more from now.
 
So very true. Online should pay more than offline since you actually race there instead of doing time trails against yourself while 11 other cars happen to be on the same track.



Couldn't agree more. I would be all in favor of 100% racing to earn all of your cars if the online payout was a real factor in the money making part of this game. As it is, the single player doesn't offer enough replay value in terms of the credits offered for the races and how many you actually need to build up your car collection the way you'd like. I'm in my Master's degree and teaching at the college level as we speak. It's more important to me to take care of those priorities than to earn every car in this game through racing the same high-paying events all day long.


The difference between myself and the duplication-police whiners is that I actually understand that people have more important things to do than drive around Indy 4 hours a day just to make 4-5 million credits in that time. People have kids, jobs, educations, and many other more important things to attend to. I've noticed a great deal of gamers on this forum that are age 30 or over. They don't have the time to grind for cars that a teenager has.


So I say dupe away, birthday away, and trade away to your heart's content, because the monetary system that is built into the racing structure and replay value of this game is totally off.



Edit: Dabest, I'm not grinding for one, I'm trading for one here in less than an hour. But for other cars in the lot I'll just use the X1 to grind much faster with Bob and buy any car I want, then replace my money with a reloaded game save. Once your money level hits 20,000,000 you can get any car in the game available once per day.
 
As I say its a matter of opinion, but there is no denying it puts a imbalance in the market.

A large percentage of this game for me is collecting the cars I want. I see other people doing this but all thats bieng traded is illegitimate X1's

I know the market will be flooded and soon everyone will have one. It is frustrating at times tho.

On a lighter note, has the X1 grown any extra wheels or fins with all these generations of inbreeding. Bet it's hard to find a original nowadays.
 
Couldn't agree more. I would be all in favor of 100% racing to earn all of your cars if the online payout was a real factor in the money making part of this game. As it is, the single player doesn't offer enough replay value in terms of the credits offered for the races and how many you actually need to build up your car collection the way you'd like. I understand that people have more important things to do than drive around Indy 4 hours a day just to make 4-5 million credits in that time. People have kids, jobs, educations, and many other more important things to attend to. I've noticed a great deal of gamers on this forum that are age 30 or over. They don't have the time to grind for cars that a teenager has.


So I say dupe away, birthday away, and trade away to your heart's content, because the monetary system that is built into the racing structure and replay value of this game is totally off.

I'm 15 :D
But would love to spend that 4 hours not grinding, but instead use it to learn tracks that I'm not very good at, such as the Nurburgring in order to get Gold in the AMG Driving Academy.
I will happily dupe if it means I learn more in game through time saved.
Surely it would be better to have us be faster at racing than have to grind for virtual Credits?
One thing cheating won't help with is XP.
 
The way I look at it; Once everyone has all those expensive (mostly premium) cars, people will go back to trading/gifting unique cars again.
 
Edit: Dabest, I'm not grinding for one, I'm trading for one here in less than an hour. But for other cars in the lot I'll just use the X1 to grind much faster with Bob and buy any car I want, then replace my money with a reloaded game save. Once your money level hits 20,000,000 you can get any car in the game available once per day.

DAMMIT, just went from 13.5 million Credits to 4.3 million today.
Why?
Because I power refreshed the UCD several times and got really excited for some of the cars...
BOB WILL SUFFER :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
 
DAMMIT, just went from 13.5 million Credits to 4.3 million today.
Why?
Because I power refreshed the UCD several times and got really excited for some of the cars...
BOB WILL SUFFER :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:




:sly:👍:dopey:
 
Not having a personal dig Exorcet, but that is the problem with it.

Theres MR Honest who grinds out his money and trades a car that has some value and hard work put into it.

Then there is MR X1 who dupes his car for no effort and gets the car.

Fair?

I've cheated at games before, but personally think it is wrong to do it for online games. It spoils everyone elses experience.

Again this is just my view and opinion Im not saying im right or wrong, or that your right or wrong. Just how I see it.

I missed this. I don't take anything personally, everyone can present their opinions.

I don't see the problem with the above example. If Mr.Honest wanted to "earn" his X1, he got what he wanted. If not, he could have exploited. The fundamental error is that Mr.Honest's decision is considered "correct" and "normal", while Mr.X1's is considered "cheating" and "unfair". In online, Mr.X1 has no advantages:

His X1 will either be banned from races

or he will win/lose an X1 race based on his skill

That's how it should be, IMO.

BTW, in the case of the X1, I was Mr.Honest. The X1's I duped were my own.
 
I personally don't like duping cars, but people are going to do it and you can't change that. However, I believe X2010/FGT/F10 duplication threads should get their own section of the marketplace as not to clog up the rest of it. At any one time, roughly half of the posts on any given page are duplication threads. Therefore, instead of sifting through 3 pages of cars to find the used car I'm looking for, I have to sift through 6. People are going to duplicate the cars and there's nothing that can be done about that, but I think giving them their own separate section of the marketplace would alleviate a lot of this problem.
 
Back