Who's using both the DS3 and DFGT.?.?

• Thread starter squeakD
  • 37 comments
dave laptop table has been bought and setup..not the sturdiest but it will do!

what settings are you guys using for DFGT? Power Steering is off for me and FF is on 3.
Tested on A-spec seasonal 400pp GV Speedway...what I expect to win I was coming 3rd/4th...now getting 2nd...nowhere near the speed i'd have with ds3?!

I probably should have watched my wording as I didn't mean 'advantage' as in 'cheating'. I've just never seen a 200 degree wheel. :D
You have seen a 200 degree wheel you just may not have known it.
All logitech wheels have a legacy 200 degree mode but GT5 does not use it...
There have been posts before asking PD to allow forced legacy mode via menus.
This way legacy wheels that have a manual over ride to switch to 200 mode
aka this...
4176J07reZL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

won't have an advantage over 900 mode in events.

dave laptop table has been bought and setup..not the sturdiest but it will do!

what settings are you guys using for DFGT? Power Steering is off for me and FF is on 3.
Tested on A-spec seasonal 400pp GV Speedway...what I expect to win I was coming 3rd/4th...now getting 2nd...nowhere near the speed i'd have with ds3?!

You won't be fast with a wheel straight away :P, you have to adjust to it first :P. Which as R1600 has said means that these early rounds are a great way to adapt to a wheel and get the skills you may need later on :)!

I remember the first time I sat down with a wheel last year. It was embarrassing for me, to say the least. Now it is undoubtedly faster.

I have been driving with a wheel in GT4 and now GT5 for years, the big advantage for me is much more beeing able to better accelerate and brake than controlling the direction. I am totally convince that the cars react differently when controlled via DS3 as opposed to a wheel, the cars seem to me to have more grip with the DS3.
You can compensate with precision from the wheel better direction input but the cars handling is different when using the wheel. For exemple, online trying to drive the BTR with a wheel is a big challenge, not so much with the DS3. Same with Drifting.

As far as the Academy, if the intention is to compete in the finals, then using the wheel is a must since that part will be wheel only.

It might just be me, but I loved my wheel as soon as I got home and tested it out. Although I didn't have the fancy cockpit that I have now to mount it on. Loved it even more when I finished building my cockpit. Check it out in my signature if you want to see it. Also, a wheel is more precise everywhere because it's easier to add gradual steering input using both hands instead of using just one thumb.

I loved it too from the first seconds (I already had a Microsoft Sidewinder No FF when I used to have a PC, can't really go back after trying a wheel), but at first I was a little bit slower.

Great cockpit and great videos!

For exemple, online trying to drive the BTR with a wheel is a big challenge, not so much with the DS3. Same with Drifting.

that's because with the controller you can switch between full lock either way in a tenth of a second to compensate, with the wheel it's a lot more work unless you really throw it around and have a solid mount for it.

Latest Posts

Back