Who's your role model?

• Thread starter Pyle_PMG
  • 62 comments

Pyle_PMG

A Real Homer
Premium
Canada
Canada
A clever idea for a thread. Anyway, who do you, or did, look up to as a role model when you are, or were, growing up? Simple, for me its my father, and Burt Reynolds. Don't ask why... Because the Smokey and the Bandit movies were the greatest, okay?

Easily.

senna.jpg

Not when I was young... but when I reached 15 y.o. or so.
Car drawing: dangeruss, Emre Husmen, and TonyWck. I don't look up at them any longer.
Car Photography: Moglet, SlipZtrem.
Illustration: ArtGerm, gofu-web, Omar Dogan.

Mike Vallely has been my favourite skateboarder for a long time now. When I was skateboarding regularly I looked up to him because he has a certain style of skating that no one else can seem to pull off. I'm very happy to have been able to skate with him quite a few years back too. Other than being an awesome skateboarder, he's also a real bloody nice guy too.

Not when I was young... but when I reached 15 y.o. or so.
Car drawing: dangeruss, Emre Husmen, and TonyWck. I don't look up at them any longer.
Car Photogr4phy: Moglet, SlipZtrem.
Illustration: ArtGerm, gofu-web, Omar Dogan.

That sounds good, but it is a little difficult to do it. I have similar experience.

As cheesy as it sounds, my mother. She taught everything I ever needed to be human.

Mama.jpg

Last edited:
If I could be a hybrid of my father (a brilliant, honest businessman and philanthopist) and my [hopefully] future father-in-law (the ultimate intellectual), then I would be quite the remarkable person.

It's going to be a long road.

My father and my best mates dad (Peter) and within the last 3 years one of my now ex co-workers (Ron).

All 3 have taught me different bits of information that are relevant to different parts of my life.

Ron and Peter are both in their mid 50's and have lived a hell of a life each with travel and Careers and done all sorts of stuff that I aspire to one day do myself. Very rich with life experience and also successful at what they turned their hand to.

And my Dad has always been their and I look up to him for leadership, values and principles.
/ serious answer.

Charlie Sheen / Charlie Harper would be pretty epic too :lol:

My role model? Tony Stark.
Not really, I kid. More than anyone else I was inspired by Brunel the great engineer who got me interested in engineering from a young age. Also from a characteristic point of view I'd say James Bond, possibly the coolest fictional person ever.

The Monkey.

Or the legend that is Jean Ragnotti.

6eeps7.jpg

My father is truly my total inspiration, it's amazing how I keep reflecting on things he taught me. Even, back when i was a kid, i would go to watch his aerobatic team and from that moment on, I told to myself im gonna be the no.1 pilot in the world. And I can't wait to pass that on to my younger brother. That's one reason I worked so hard on my foundation to expand this.

What he's meant to me in my life, not only from teaching me. But, i learned how calmness can mean winning or losing and most importantly He was always there. That's basically what he symbolizes to me. He always had my back. If I failed, I could always come home to praise for my efforts.

2lbki3b.jpg

My father is a type of man who keep pushing forward, keep trying to make a difference. And I know he's not here to hear this, but he embodies everything about our foundation as a Father & Son.

280jyv6.jpg

For all he's done to help our family and inspire us to chase and complete our goals. I have yet to go a day without thinking of my dad, it's wonderful how I keep reflecting on things he taught me as a man. That's one reason I worked so hard on my foundation in life to broaden myself. And Without his guidance, I would have never gone on the right path. Maybe the greatest thing I ever did in my life, beating my dad.

We have a thread about this already in the Rumble Strip. Maybe the mods could merge this to that if you ask nicely.

Still looking for one . . .

Guess it's too late now. The only role I model are in the RPGs I play.
As for Burt and Smokey . . . !xelA, seivom eht lla evah I

Back