Why are Fords in the European Championship?

  • Thread starter Thread starter GT5_X2010
  • 71 comments
  • 7,165 views
I'm fine with some UK built Fords showing up in the European events, what angers me is that the Mark IV Race Car '67 is considered a Ford! In all reality it's real name is the Shelby Daytona! The Shelby team completely designed, built, and perfected that car, only to have Ford buy them out and attempt to leave the car for dead. It's a Shebly and should be listed as such!
 
Erm there's a Ford Falcon race car in the game listed as Ford (Aus). Not that that's any help regarding US/European cars but just thought I'd mention it.

Seems a shame too that the Nomad can't be entered in the JGTC championship.

V8 Supercar, that's an Aussie thing.
 
I asked the question along time ago .. Still i don't know the answer as when you try to compete using the RS2000 it says you can't , just put it down to another PD oversight !!
 
what angers me is that the Mark IV Race Car '67 is considered a Ford! In all reality it's real name is the Shelby Daytona! The Shelby team completely designed, built, and perfected that car, only to have Ford buy them out and attempt to leave the car for dead. It's a Shebly and should be listed as such!

They are not even close!

Shelby Daytona:
shelby_daytona_main.jpg


Ford Mark IV:
 
Last edited:
Because the DTM isn't only limited to German cars. A far better question would be why are two FIA GT cars (BMW M3 GTR, Audi R8 LMS) able to be entered in the DTM races.

Because .... they're GERMAN
 
Not sure if they were Danny. They may have been run by Shelby, but as far as i can make out they were designed and built by Ford (US) subsidiary companies.

I tried looking it up after I said that (probably should have reconsidered what order I do that in) and there's surprisingly little information.
 
Because .... they're GERMAN

Not really a good reason to have them allowed in a specific race series. There are plenty of german cars not in the series, and plenty of german race cars not in the series.
 
I tried looking it up after I said that (probably should have reconsidered what order I do that in) and there's surprisingly little information.

They only ever raced twice. There's not really that much can be said about them i suppose.
 
But as races go, it's a fairly lengthy one.
 
From Wikipedia:
"Unlike the earlier Mk.I and III cars, which were entirely British, the Mk.IIs & IVs were built in America, the latter by Shelby."
Buth they were not Shelby Daytonas as oopssorryy had said!
 
Back