Why do Drifters have odd Wheel colors?

More than just add that attention bringing-ness thingy, it's also to add that uniqueness factor, imagine if every car was the same color? :crazy:

I love bright rims in general. It pops when drifting. Like the GRAM Lights ( think that's the name lol) I love all those colors they come in!

Really now... :rolleyes: anyone uses whatever the hell they want to use.

Yeah, really. Dark rims covers better the "parkinsonism" in the wheels, for the DS3 user´s case. Not all my cars have dark rims by the way, but im concient about this issue.

Besides, i said "should", not "must", "may", "have to"... im not pointing a gun to nobody, nor forcing nobody. I don´t understand why you raged about it.

Depends on how smooth you are. I have certain cars that sit on lock and being a ds3 user is hardly noticeable.

I always notice drift cars with a good colored paint and then colored rims that don't match the call at all making the car itself kinda look bad. (no offense)

So why do drifters do this? Is it like a trend or soemthing?

It draws attention to our wheels; it draws attention to the countersteer we're forcing into our cars, etc., to show off our talents better. Personally, I just go with white rims on every car.

I never noticed the colored wheels on D1 cars other than on the monster mustang. I guess ill have to pay more attention
And yeah that's not D1, the crappy Mustang is in Formula Drift. :P

Imagine you're a Skater/BMX
You want it to look Unique
Same with Drifting.

Although, sometimes when you see 'odd' coloured wheels; It's usually due to both the rear wheels being swapped to fresh tyres and wheels. These fresh tyres are sometimes already mounted onto odd rims that don't match the rest of the car.
Like So:

7872475854_42907d9e9c_z.jpg

Obviously already been answered lol

:D

Yeah, really. Dark rims covers better the "parkinsonism" in the wheels, for the DS3 user´s case. Not all my cars have dark rims by the way, but im concient about this issue.

Besides, i said "should", not "must", "may", "have to"... im not pointing a gun to nobody, nor forcing nobody. I don´t understand why you raged about it.

Depends on how smooth you are. I have certain cars that sit on lock and being a ds3 user is hardly noticeable.

Yep, it's like Fox said. It's the same way with my Z4, been told around 4 times already by random people that I look like I use a wheel on that car. Depends on how smooth you are & how used to the car you are.

Yep, it's like Fox said. It's the same way with my Z4, been told around 4 times already by random people that I look like I use a wheel on that car. Depends on how smooth you are & how used to the car you are.

Alright. Lets consider IF your cases are legit, based on turning speed settings, spinning analog techniques instead the traditional "pull pull pull" standards, or even any magestic tunning able to make your car so stable that would not be that necessary to correct the turning angle several times into a single drift. Stills you both would be the %0.0000000000000000000001 of the whole DS3 guys who makes their front wheels twitches a lot. And i consider the rule, not the exception.

Yes. When I'm in my MKIV Supra it rarely ever moves from one direction to the next. I tune for understeer. Adding understeer allows you still sit on lock and stay in throttle longer.

They do it to simulate real life street drift cars or missile cars. Not everyone can afford 8 different rims and drifting can also damage/discolour nice rims so people just use cheapo rims for drifting! I have a drift car and I don't care what my rims look like! I can't see them from the inside!

I always notice drift cars with a good colored paint and then colored rims that don't match the call at all making the car itself kinda look bad. (no offense)

So why do drifters do this? Is it like a trend or soemthing?

you can call it a trend based off drift teams and drifters from around the world. i like to do it just to stand out in a crowd lol, bright gram light rims has that look that makes you take notice, plus to me they look awsome. the pink paint with lime green rims that you see is a common color scheme based off a Japanese drift team named TEAM BURST who are very well known for street drifting, D1GP, D1SL and more.

If it makes you feel better I don't have weird color wheels :D mine are black but with white decals on the tires. Looks cool going sideways.

I'm mostly in favor of white / silver rims. Basically as stock as possible. Not a lot of vinyls on the body of the car either :D I really dislike bright rim colours, but thats just a personal preference :)

I'm mostly in favor of white / silver rims. Basically as stock as possible. Not a lot of vinyls on the body of the car either :D I really dislike bright rim colours, but thats just a personal preference :)

You are the opposite, you like really bright cars. :scared:

I actually wonder where the crazy colours came from but the first videos i saw were team burst, mcr and old school ones. Anyway i thought it was let people just being creative making them stand out from the others. You might hate some colours but others love it.

Back