Why do people care about a cars mileage?

  • Thread starter Thread starter mumixam
  • 47 comments
  • 4,807 views
Messages
41
Messages
vancizzle
I see many trade threads specifically asking for a car with 0 miles.

The only reason I can come up with is that they dont want to pay for the engine/chassis restorations. Is there any other reason that im missing or something?
 
They're collectors only interested in collecting & trading not actually driving the cars. My fav is when one of them asks "Has the car been sat in?" Really? I have a newsflash for them that none of these cars will ever get sat in because it's a video game.
 
They're collectors only interested in collecting & trading not actually driving the cars. My fav is when one of them asks "Has the car been sat in?" Really? I have a newsflash for them that none of these cars will ever get sat in because it's a video game.



Lol!
 
LOL

I didnt think of that. I guess that makes some cars ultra rare since the only way to get an old standard car with 0 miles would be a ticket prize, right?
 
It is known that UCD cars will lose a few HP even after engine overhual. There are lot of people doing online drag racings on a daily basis on SSR7 and Le Sarthe. A few HP lose will translate to a few miles slower when both are on the top end
 
After the engine restoration the engine has to be broken in again. Once you start racing its hp will slowly rise until it reaches its peak.

Every car does this, eventually after racing long enough the cars hp will start to drop as well and thats when another engine restoration is needed.
 
Yea after so many miles, engines start to loose hp and after so many engine builds might be 3 or so they will drop a few bhp, really the ucd is lame as heck with the cars with a billion miles on them. And engine rebuild should rebuild the engine good as new, especialy some cars are so damn annoying to find in the first place, and other cars are one offs, that you cannot replace at all.
 
Yea after so many miles, engines start to loose hp and after so many engine builds might be 3 or so they will drop a few bhp, really the ucd is lame as heck with the cars with a billion miles on them. And engine rebuild should rebuild the engine good as new, especialy some cars are so damn annoying to find in the first place, and other cars are one offs, that you cannot replace at all.

Are you serious? So even after rebuilding the engine, you will eventually lose HP you can't get back? I thought the purpose of the engine overhaul option was to prevent that.
 
Wow. I didnt know anything about cars permanently losing power after x number of rebuilds. Ive been using the x1 s.vettel car to auto grind the like the wind indy race and after doing 4 rebuilds on it i havent noticed any permanent hp losses.
 
Skywolfe can you provide proof that your statement is correct? Do you have any cars with a huge number of miles on them that actually have less hp after being broken in following a restoration?

I would be interested in proving if thats true or false.
 
I haven't read any concrete tests that prove there's unrecoverable engine wear with high mileage cars. I'm not saying it's untrue, but it's not something I would bet on either way. I don't really care about mileage when I'm trading, so long as an engine and chassis restore have been performed.

This may be worth testing on a cheap car (or even an X2010, as I know a lot of people use it to grind endurance races with).
 
Last edited:
One of my online buddies has a 787B stealth with 30000 miles on it. After a few rebuilds he says it's permanently lost a few bhp. I didn't ask how many I'm afraid.
 
One of my online buddies has a 787B stealth with 30000 miles on it. After a few rebuilds he says it's permanently lost a few bhp. I didn't ask how many I'm afraid.

The rebuilds only cost 50cr though.
 
Yeah, but we're talking about BHP loss, not credit drain :)
 
I have a 787B Stealth that I use for everything and anything.

Has clocked up about 13,000 km's. Did an engine overhaul and even got more power than I orginally had.

That's not the only one too. I did it to a Nascar and Mclaren F1 Stealth with similar results

I reckon it's a load of BS that you lose power.
 
I guess it probably the 0 mile mean ‘unused’ used car. lol
It sound rare. Only prize standard car have 0 miles. Never found any 0 miles standard car in UCD.
If it really have, that must be a rare car if it also appear to be non prize car.
 
Cars do occasionally appear in the UCD with 0 miles on them. I've seen the Veyron with 0 miles on it for sale before.
 
Cars do occasionally appear in the UCD with 0 miles on them. I've seen the Veyron with 0 miles on it for sale before.

That's the ONLY car that appears in the UCD with 0 miles.
 
The easiest and simpliest way to get a 0 miles car is through the birthday gift. You can get any car more or less via this. I have almost a 40 cars of 0 miles and chromed .I also have the same cars that i use to race with both stock and modded so 4 of each car (stock and modded chromed, stock and modded to race). The idea is just for a collection of cars never used and chromed i think that is the main reason people request 0 miles. Plus you will reach 1000 cars quicker and gain the trophy.I don't trade my chrome ones, so i guess i have a pretty unique collection that not many other players have. It is all about individual taste.
 
Its usually better to have cars with a few hundred miles on them so they're broken in and at Max BHP.
 
The effectiveness of engine rebuilds declines with age. I learned that from my FGT, a primary grinding car for Bob. I'd really love to hear more about the mechanics of it though-- exactly what mileage results in decreased engine rebuild effectiveness.
 
I've been spending so much time trading a few cars that are 0 miles to others who want 0 mile cars. Ive come to the conclusion personally the trades aren't worth not getting to actually enjoy your cars. Enjoy them drive them, I want to see one with 1 million miles!! :guilty:
 
At about 20000 km I did the third engine rebuild on my Peugeot 908. It did not restore the last 1 kw. In another thread somebody said the permanent loss of power happens after about 15000 km.

Since I know this my Bobs only get easily replaceable cars...
 
I have a workhorse s.vettel x2010 wich i use for grind with over 48.000KM and after engine rebuilds it stands a max 1478BHP no more! compared to some of 1556BHP like my carbon.
 
The effectiveness of engine rebuilds declines with age. I learned that from my FGT, a primary grinding car for Bob. I'd really love to hear more about the mechanics of it though-- exactly what mileage results in decreased engine rebuild effectiveness.

i did an engine rebuilt at around 10,000 miles on my Formula GranTurismo and its max power is now 932hp instead of 935. it was the 2nd rebuild i had done on the engine (the first being immediately after buying it), and i had changed the oil after every race (a standard practice with all my cars).
 
ive grinded quite a few miles and even got the oil light on as i was getting carried away then did and engine and chassis restore and it put it back to what it was 1556 (x2010 carbon) i even won a honda s800 i think it is (little crap car) and bought one for the high miles trophey with 300k+ on it and the power is identical
 
39,000 miles on my X2010 Vettel and I just did an engine rebuild. I have permanently lost 20 bhp.
 
Also, I am pretty sure you don't have to run the engine in again after a rebuild.
 
my x2010 has over 30K miles on it, and I have done a rebuild and the power hasnt come back up to its original 1556hp, it was ~1534, then quickly drops off after every race before the oil change. but it pretty much only gets used at this point to run the 24 hour bspec races, and I have my L35 x2010 with zero miles for me to use if i need to.
 
i did an engine rebuilt at around 10,000 miles on my Formula GranTurismo and its max power is now 932hp instead of 935. it was the 2nd rebuild i had done on the engine (the first being immediately after buying it), and i had changed the oil after every race (a standard practice with all my cars).





Drive it 200 miles and the engine will break in again. 935hp.
 
Back