Why do people care about a cars mileage?

  • Thread starter Thread starter mumixam
  • 47 comments
  • 4,807 views
after the engine rebuild, you do have to run it in

Gtplanet has defiently made me conscience of mileage
 
Funny thing here, if your car can never get its full hp back and you need to get a new one how exactly are people supposed to get a new carbon X2010?

Some people have no brains whatsoever.
 
I have a 787B Stealth that I use for everything and anything.

Has clocked up about 13,000 km's. Did an engine overhaul and even got more power than I orginally had.

That's not the only one too. I did it to a Nascar and Mclaren F1 Stealth with similar results

I reckon it's a load of BS that you lose power.

Double or triple that mileage and get back to us mate :)
 
Make a backup of the carbon you win and then thrash the dupe!
 
I like having new cars with 0 miles, I like to sort my garage by mileage so my favorite cars natually move toward the top. The mileage mechanic is fun, it brings a neat "pride of ownership" mechanic into the game.
 
My fav is when one of them asks "Has the car been sat in?" Really? I have a newsflash for them that none of these cars will ever get sat in because it's a video game.

None of this bothers me. I only get the cars I want to drive, but being "sat in" will show up as a change won't it? So even though it's done zero miles being sat in is counted.

As for the diminishing HP I do what the previous poster does. I give the best cars to my other self then give them back again. So I keep a stock of nearly new vehicles that I can use if I need to.
 
So everyones' going to lose power in their Carbon X2010 and never be able to get it back or get another one by LEGITIMATE methods.

Think before you post, really.
 
My x1 s.vettel was down to 1350 hp after grinding a couple thousand miles on the indy track. Restored engine (which also does a carwash and oilchange) and im back up to 1548 hp.

Going to do a few races and see what the hp climbs up to.

As of right now this car is at 22k miles, and this is the 4th rebuild.
 
I feel no remorse about backing up the Vettel and Prototype X2010 cars that are won especially as the game only allows you to win these 2/1 times (respectively). I don't bother making copies of my coloured X2010 cars as I can just buy new ones of these whenever I want.
 
So everyones' going to lose power in their Carbon X2010 and never be able to get it back or get another one by LEGITIMATE methods.

Think before you post, really.

Take your own advice mate. Not wanting to believe it doesn't make it untrue.
 
There does not need to be a break-in after an engine rebuild.
 
Lemme see.

Blue FGT (got it on a lvl 23 ticket)
Mileage 0
Before oil change 864 bhp
After oil change 908 bhp
Max torque 40 kgfm
Cannot rebuild engine/body

Red FGT (bought it in UCD)
Mileage 14,946.3 km
After oil change 935 bhp
Max torque 41 kgfm
Can rebuild both for 500 000 cr. (but I just did so I don't think it will make any difference)

Green/Yellow FGT (bought it in OCD)
Mileage 79,596.3 km
Rebuilt engine just for this:
After rebuild 919 bhp
Max torque 41 kgfm

Of course breaking in the engines will affect this but there are still differences caused by mileage. Enough to make me choose which one I use in the FGT Championship
 
Last edited:
It looks like theres only one breakin process and thats when you get a car new.

My S.vettel went from 1548hp down to 1450 after a few hours grinding indy, afterwards i changed its oil and it went back up to 1548. Looks like i lost 8 hp from the car which was originally putting out 1556. bummer =[
 
None of this bothers me. I only get the cars I want to drive, but being "sat in" will show up as a change won't it? So even though it's done zero miles being sat in is counted.
If that's how you want to play GT5 then that's for you. I guess since all the cars are not real & it's a video game, the cars being sat in don't bother me @ all. It's not like it's real life where the seat material could get worn.

I only grind with cars that I have in my other accounts so they can be easily replaced with a fresh car. So I really don't give a damn about losing HP over a length of time.
 
02civicsi ! How is it going man? I recognize your name from the ocho. Did ya find someone to give ur GT40 to?
 
02civicsi ! How is it going man? I recognize your name from the ocho. Did ya find someone to give ur GT40 to?
LOL, that's awesome you found me over here. I just like to keep the same screenname if possible on all my forums I'm signed up on.

Yep, all good. I just move onto the next person on the list who are to receive a car from me.
 
Ya, I figured with such a specific name it had to be you. I try to use the same name everywhere too, much easier to remember my sign in that way lol.

Well it was good running into ya. See ya around the forums!
 
Back