Why do people like to ban gtr's or zzII's from their lobbies?

• Thread starter Vanatic
  • 80 comments
I don't understand all the hatred for NOS users.
Anyone is capable of tuning with it.
And it's not a case as shells said "see who taps the button first". Who ever is doing that clearly has no idea what he/she is doing.
NOS tunes are suppose to launch with the button already pressed..... If their tune ain't like that, it ain't worth running.

I've got a few NOS tunes, happy to run them where applicable. I just don't make a habit of it.
You die hard traditionalist will run out of competition quick if you don't get with the times.

And it's not a case as shells said "see who taps the button first". Who ever is doing that clearly has no idea what he/she is doing.
NOS tunes are suppose to launch with the button already pressed..... If their tune ain't like that, it ain't worth running.

I've got a few NOS tunes, happy to run them where applicable. I just don't make a habit of it.
You die hard traditionalist will run out of competition quick if you don't get with the times.
All of my cars are tuned for No Nitrous, but I still install nos on all of them in case I can't find any no-nos lobbies at all. but on my newer cars I don't even bother sticking it on anymore, big waste of 100,000 Cr.

I'm fully aware of the "holding the button down" thing but Nitrous causes more problems in GT6 then it fixes, if it wasn't so flawed maybe I'd think about using it every once in awhile but it's so fake. I know nitrous is in the game but to me it seems worse then hacks. The response from nitrous tuners is always the same, "it's in the game so why shouldn't we use it" well SRF is in the game also, we don't use that, the same reason we don't use Nitrous is the same reason we don't use SRF, it's an unfair advantage. I know what you're thinking "if everyone in the lobby is using Nitrous then what is the big deal" well what if everyone in the lobby was using SRF? Do you see my point a little better now?

All of my cars are tuned for No Nitrous, but I still install nos on all of them in case I can't find any no-nos lobbies at all. but on my newer cars I don't even bother sticking it on anymore, big waste of 100,000 Cr.

When I can't find a non nitrous lobby I just make one unless it's early in the morning and nobody is on in which case I will just do some races and get offline.

I'm fully aware of the "holding the button down" thing but Nitrous causes more problems in GT6 then it fixes, if it wasn't so flawed maybe I'd think about using it every once in awhile but it's so fake. I know nitrous is in the game but to me it seems worse then hacks. The response from nitrous tuners is always the same, "it's in the game so why shouldn't we use it" well SRF is in the game also, we don't use that, the same reason we don't use Nitrous is the same reason we don't use SRF, it's an unfair advantage. I know what you're thinking "if everyone in the lobby is using Nitrous then what is the big deal" well what if everyone in the lobby was using SRF? Do you see my point a little better now?

Honestly,not seeing your point any clearer at all.

SRF isn't an unfair advantage. In room, it's either available to all users or none.

Let me ask you this......
If PD decided to implement a silly patch where they removed the option to apply SRF and installed it to all cars regardless. Would you still play?
I know I would. It wouldn't bother me in the slightest. ( apart from more retuning of course. Lol )

As for NOS being fake and flawed, sure it may be compared to real life circumstances.
But then again, in real life, we don't get to choose how fast our fuel and tyres deplete either.
Nor do we purchase a brand new car and do an immediate oil change for a 5% HP increase.

Reality is, the only people that bitch about NOS are people that drag.
I'm yet to hear anyone complain about it in circuit racing.... And let's face it, circuit is the main facet of this game.
These people treat it as it should be. If it's allowed, use it. If it's not, don't.

Most problems revolving around NOS are in the rookie rooms where it's activated and people use it, but tell you otherwise.
Don't blame GT6 or NOS for that, blame the butt heads your racing against.

Last edited:
So earlier today I was in a Drag room , then this guy joined, he was always typing in that chat in ALL CAPS that everyone is a noob, when he drags someone, if he wins he always insults the living s:censored:t out of the person. Hes going off about hes a Pro dragger and how no one compares to him and pretty much butchering the english language for a whole hour. I wanted to shut him up, so I was going to drag him, I told him I'd need a neutral ghost or a time launch because I'm from Thailand... He then proceeds to b:censored:h about how we dont need a neutral ghost or how time launching is 🤬. And before he left the room he sent me this :irked:
2014-10-07.jpg

So earlier today I was in a Drag room , then this guy joined, he was always typing in that chat in ALL CAPS that everyone is a noob, when he drags someone, if he wins he always insults the living s:censored:t out of the person. Hes going off about hes a Pro dragger and how no one compares to him and pretty much butchering the english language for a whole hour. I wanted to shut him up, so I was going to drag him, I told him I'd need a neutral ghost or a time launch because I'm from Thailand... He then proceeds to b:censored:h about how we dont need a neutral ghost or how time launching is 🤬. And before he left the room he sent me this :irked:
View attachment 236290
What's his name, I'd love to meet this nice chap.

and it started when I first lost to him because I was getting a bit of ghost lag. It was so obvious (Like I launched almost a second behind him) But he wouldn't have that, he claims is because I suck and my tune suck and because hes a "Pro"
-Note. Everything he said was in all caps and pretty much butchering the english language.

and it started when I first lost to him because I was getting a bit of ghost lag. It was so obvious (Like I launched almost a second behind him) But he wouldn't have that, he claims is because I suck and my tune suck and because hes a "Pro"
-Note. Everything he said was in all caps and pretty much butchering the english language.
He's about 16-17, nothing is pro about him, even his insults were pitiful lol, my 3 year old son insults me better than he did lol

when I made insults back against him, I like to put a little "zing" into them. Everyone else was like "^^^^^^^" at my messages XD

Honestly,not seeing your point any clearer at all.

SRF isn't an unfair advantage. In room, it's either available to all users or none.

Let me ask you this......
If PD decided to implement a silly patch where they removed the option to apply SRF and installed it to all cars regardless. Would you still play?
I know I would. It wouldn't bother me in the slightest. ( apart from more retuning of course. Lol )

As for NOS being fake and flawed, sure it may be compared to real life circumstances.
But then again, in real life, we don't get to choose how fast our fuel and tyres deplete either.
Nor do we purchase a brand new car and do an immediate oil change for a 5% HP increase.

Reality is, the only people that bitch about NOS are people that drag.
I'm yet to hear anyone complain about it in circuit racing.... And let's face it, circuit is the main facet of this game.
These people treat it as it should be. If it's allowed, use it. If it's not, don't.

Most problems revolving around NOS are in the rookie rooms where it's activated and people use it, but tell you otherwise.
Don't blame GT6 or NOS for that, blame the butt heads your racing against.

I don't run in NOS rooms ever, I join one every now and again if a friend is in there but that's just to talk with said friend. I wish more people would take the initiative to learn how to tune, I mean the information and people that can help is at everyone's fingertips.

I don't run in NOS rooms ever, I join one every now and again if a friend is in there but that's just to talk with said friend. I wish more people would take the initiative to learn how to tune, I mean the information and people that can help is at everyone's fingertips.
I know what you mean shells.

Yes I know it's in your team ethos to not run NOS.
Not sure why, given the limited amount of drag lobbies available, you really are hampering your options.

Once you've acquired and tuned up the majority of your cars, this game doesn't really offer much to dragsters.
So why not broaden your horizons. It's good to have a couple NOS tunes just to mix it up a bit.

I raced this guy last week in a room were it was okay to run NOS. So he has his rx7 so I decide to try my luck and bring mine out. We line up, guy ghost and I take off. Funny thing is as soon as he hit that button his car fell flat on it's arse. I win and then he says that I am a liar and I am using NOS. So I ask the host to please prohibit NOS for one run he agrees to it. We line up again, this time the spankin' was worse then the first time. Two mins later asked to be my friend lol.

What was everyone else running when you brought out your ZZII.

1948 Hudson :D

I raced this guy last week in a room were it was okay to run NOS. So he has his rx7 so I decide to try my luck and bring mine out. We line up, guy ghost and I take off. Funny thing is as soon as he hit that button his car fell flat on it's arse. I win and then he says that I am a liar and I am using NOS. So I ask the host to please prohibit NOS for one run he agrees to it. We line up again, this time the spankin' was worse then the first time. Two mins later asked to be my friend lol.

LOL thats my man. Spank them all.

Last edited:
Back