Why do people use the transmission flip?

Philippines
Laguna
Alpha_Cipher1
I'm quite curious as to why tuners do this. What advantages does it have compared to the "conventional" way of transmission tuning?

Allows you to stay in the power band or get to it quicker.

Also better engine braking.

I'm under the impression though that the transmission trick in GT Sport is not as potent as it was in prior GT's?

I'm under the impression though that the transmission trick in GT Sport is not as potent as it was in prior GT's?
It's definitely different. Potent not as before but it works:)

Very interesting. Thanks for the reply :cheers:

I'm quite curious as to why tuners do this. What advantages does it have compared to the "conventional" way of transmission tuning?
I use the transmission flip on all my cars . Not all the cars get that smooth flip . It can get messy . Must say it does not work on Nürburgring as well . If anyone has a good transmission flip for that track pm me .

I use the transmission flip on all my cars . Not all the cars get that smooth flip . It can get messy . Must say it does not work on Nürburgring as well . If anyone has a good transmission flip for that track pm me .
How does the flip get messy? Sorry I don't really tune much :dunce:

I find I get acceleration out of corners without having to use so much LSD acceleration and causing your car to spin and still have longer gear ratio . Now messy I mean with 1st and 2nd gear is hard cause it runs into your 3 rd gear . Sometimes when you are in final gear and need to go to 4th gear the gear jumps around in 4th and possibly lose your edge in a smooth drive . Not all cars do that . Now it can be that they use the same new CVT in the nissans Subaru etc in the game and with that becomes harder to flip transmissions and gets messy .

Today, Gran turismo sport is updated. There are now 4 types of gearboxes. Manual, Automatic, non sequential, and seamless. Manual is the gearbox that shifts the slowest. Automatic shifts faster. Non sycromesh is an upgrade for cars that have manual and shifts faster than automatic now but the seamless transmission is the transmission that shifts the fastest without any delay just. The downside on non sycromesh and seamless transmission is that you have to apply throttle to shift up but it doesn't affect anything because we always apply throttle so hope this helps anyone questioning why they change their transmissions

Last edited:
It’s easier than having to think.... it’s not at all accurate, I tune to the track and individual areas that I need to be say...in second gear longer or top out at the brake point of the fastest stretch.

The flip is fast...great against AI but not against people. The advantage of accuracy is critical against human drivers.

It’s easier than having to think.... it’s not at all accurate, I tune to the track and individual areas that I need to be say...in second gear longer or top out at the brake point of the fastest stretch.

The flip is fast...great against AI but not against people. The advantage of accuracy is critical against human drivers.
In real life like F1 cars or f1500 they use non sequential and seamless transmissions so that they could shift faster and have less chance to have your rear end kick when you shift while turning but in the seamless transmission it never kicks when you shift while turning because the delay from the gear your on to the next gear is instant
If you need clarification there is a video below

Last edited:
In real life like F1 cars or f1500 they use non sycromesh and seamless transmissions so that they could shift faster and have less chance to have your rear end kick when you shift while turning but in the seamless transmission it never kicks when you shift while turning because the delay from the gear your on to the next gear is instant

Excellent! Thank you for this. I learned something new! :)

In real life like F1 cars or f1500 they use non sequential and seamless transmissions so that they could shift faster and have less chance to have your rear end kick when you shift while turning but in the seamless transmission it never kicks when you shift while turning because the delay from the gear your on to the next gear is instant

That was great. Thanks for sharing.:cheers:

Where can i set the new gearboxes in gtsport?

PS: i wanted to quote, but it wont let me.
Just go to the car you like to tune and there's a section for gearboxes. Most cars can have a non sequential gearbox but some like McLaren and Ferrari cars can fit seamless transmission that shifts immediately than non sequential gearboxes

Back