Why does someone has many 250 GTOs?

• Thread starter okami11408
  • 16 comments
Hong Kong
Hong Kong
I just browsed the auction house and saw someone selling 15 250 GTOs and 10 Testa Rossa.

How is that possible? That's 100+ million cr! O.o

Lots of players have hundreds of millions of credits. I've got 400 cars in my garage and over 100 mill myself, mostly from Rivals mode and tuning comps. I know some guys that have over 400 mill from flipping cars in the auction house. :) You can make tons of credits if you're a good painter or tuner too.

Incredible isn't it. Most I've had is 15 Million (keep buying cars and not flipping fast enough). Oh well...

I just browsed the auction house and saw someone selling 15 250 GTOs and 10 Testa Rossa.

That's nothing compared to what I've seen before. I've put up 11 250 GTOs and 2 Testa Rossa myself yesterday, next to some other cars, as I blew around 150 Million in Halloween blowouts and need to get some cashflow going again. :crazy:

So I take it that unlike GT5, there is no credit limit. Also, is there a limit on the number of cars you're allowed to have? Still pretty new to the game.

So I take it that unlike GT5, there is no credit limit.

Not a stupid limit of 20 Million, no, but your credits are limited by how far the counter goes, i.e. 999,999,999.

Also, is there a limit on the number of cars you're allowed to have? Still pretty new to the game.

Yes, there is. 550. And yes, that's less than there are cars in the game, so you cannot even have one of each.

Welcome to Forza!

Yes, there is. 550. And yes, that's less than there are cars in the game, so you cannot even have one of each.

Less cars true, but not 55 Hondas, 44 Nissans, 66 Toyotas...etc, etc..So I find this game a lot better that way. Not a lot of repetitions.

Less cars true, but not 55 Hondas, 44 Nissans, 66 Toyotas...etc, etc..So I find this game a lot better that way. Not a lot of repetitions.

I much prefer Forza 4 over GT5 as well, browneyedman, but you still can't have more than 550 cars (in a single garage), and that's still less than the number of cars in the game. ;)

Ever see video of someone riding shotgun hanging out the window with a ball bat, smashing a mailbox as they drive by? I want to do that, but instead of smashing a mailbox I want to smash the nuts of the players who buy up any instance of certain high-value cars that appear just so that they build inventory to resell basically at value. I need a DBR1 and some dildo dumped fifteen of them into the auction house, all basically at (or very near) its 6-mil cost. If I'm gonna spend 99% or 100% of value buying a stock car, I'll just buy it from the in-game dealership. It defeats any point in me going to the AH for cars at dealer prices.

Ever see video of someone riding shotgun hanging out the window with a ball bat, smashing a mailbox as they drive by? I want to do that, but instead of smashing a mailbox I want to smash the nuts of the players who buy up any instance of certain high-value cars that appear just so that they build inventory to resell basically at value. I need a DBR1 and some dildo dumped fifteen of them into the auction house, all basically at (or very near) its 6-mil cost. If I'm gonna spend 99% or 100% of value buying a stock car, I'll just buy it from the in-game dealership. It defeats any point in me going to the AH for cars at dealer prices.

I hear you....That is true about the 99% but if there is a car I like and I have not driven the car in the game (no affinity) then for me it is worth it.

So if I buy it for let us say..$500,000 and it's an A class upgrade.

I buy it from the dealer @$600,000 then do the upgrade for another $90,000
Then it is still better deal from the auction house..and it might have an awesome design on it;)

Ever see video of someone riding shotgun hanging out the window with a ball bat, smashing a mailbox as they drive by? I want to do that, but instead of smashing a mailbox I want to smash the nuts of the players who buy up any instance of certain high-value cars that appear just so that they build inventory to resell basically at value.

I don't know, if they manage to buy these well below value and then basically resell them at value, I'd consider that good business. If others have a problem with that, I'd say that's entirely their problem. Why would you sell for less than what you can get for it? I mean, unless you're in the mood for throwing some credits away?

I need a DBR1 and some dildo dumped fifteen of them into the auction house, all basically at (or very near) its 6-mil cost. If I'm gonna spend 99% or 100% of value buying a stock car, I'll just buy it from the in-game dealership. It defeats any point in me going to the AH for cars at dealer prices.

Well, then there's no point for you going to the AH. But if that "dildo", how you called him/her, can sell the cars near value, why on earth should s/he sell them below? It's better to be a "dildo" than an idiot, no? ;)

I don't know, if they manage to buy these well below value and then basically resell them at value, I'd consider that good business.

Isn't that what free enterprise is all about???

Best business is like you say. 'buy low...sell high' Unless you're not in it to make money:confused:

I was just in the AH. One person was selling 39 Ferrari 250 GTO....39. I don't 39 cars in total in my garage :)

Nope, it's an American game, so there's 27 Chevy's, 16 Dodges, and 29 Fords.

In total there are:
192 American Cars
149 German Cars
118 Japanese Cars
85 Italian Cars
70 British Cars

And the rest are from various other countries.

So...Forza still has a crap load of Japanese cars....just not as much as GT.

Back