Why does the Evo push so much?

pinkertonpunk
I have driven many Evos in real life now, and they don't push like the one in the test does....DAMNIT! I hate this test, it is the only one I can't beat. Stupid Evo.
-Colin

It's not just an Evo, it's an Evo VIII MR. And I bet you haven't driven an Evo VIII MR, so that's why it handles different. It pushes so much because it's a sack-o-lard.

You are right, I bet there is only a handful of people in this country that have driven MRs, but it should handle a hell of a lot better than our Evo. It has AYC and an ACD and a front LSD...and stickier tires. So, I would assume that it would handle better.

Oh, and what makes it a sack-o-lard exactly? Not that YOU have actually driven one to comment I bet.

-Colin

It's a big heavy car though, with tons of power. That makes it tricky to drive for sure and you have to drive a different line from the ones you're used to with more neutral cars or oversteering FR cars. That said, the GSR handles slightly better and the Evo V handles much better, so at least a part of the problem seems to me the default settings for this car.

Mmm.... I rather like the Evo. I once compared the Evo against the Impreza on Fuji Speedway. After sampling the Impreza, it did feel as though the Evo feels more understeery and ragedy....until that is, I realised I was going a good deal faster.

Personally I think the Evo must be driven in a certain way to get the best out if it, otherwise its just understeer, understeer, understeer...ect.

That is the thing though, I know how to drive Evos. I hate to sound like a dick, but I have autocrossed my fair share of them this year and I am ALWAYS faster than the owner, or in the case of this last weekend, a national champ in the same car, and by quite a bit. Maybe I don't drive the same in the game? No clue, but to me, it seems the car just doesn't work as well in the game...

-Colin

That's strange. The EVO's are one of my favorite cars to drive in Prologue. They rotate beautifully for me.

I think in the license test you're given street tires, not sure.

You must use a different line when driving the EVO MR. I find I can attack the corner and take a tighter line into the corner. Turn in and lift off the throttle. Lifting off makes the car rotate through the corner. Wait for the car to be pointed in the right direction, then get hard back on the throttle.

I think that everyone here is talking about the Evo VIII GSR/MR. I did notice that the Evo V is much more prone to oversteer when entering a corner on a trailing throttle.. I know of some people who actually prefers the V to the VIII for that reason, personally, I would go for the VIII.

Originally posted by Hiroke
I think that everyone here is talking about the Evo VIII GSR/MR. I did notice that the Evo V is much more prone to oversteer when entering a corner on a trailing throttle.. I know of some people who actually prefers the V to the VIII for that reason, personally, I would go for the VIII.

Now while I wouldn't go for the Eight myself... It's a great deal better looking than the Seven ever was. But the Six is the most pretty. However the Three is my favourite for personal reasons.

...Unless we are talking about the FQ330 that is. Then I might. ;)

Yeah, I think the Evo VII dated way too quickly. Though I can't really call any of them beutifull, the VI was the most extreme stylewise. Though I still prefer the VIII's more subtle styling.

Back