WHY doesn't the G25 wheel work w/XBox 360?

• Thread starter vampyr
  • 35 comments
Add $70? Where did you get that from?!

It's only a guess according to the price difference between Fanatec Gt2 (249) and Gt3 (179) which the main difference is X360 compatible. The GT3 even cheaper with Clubsport edition (329) compared to the GT2.
Also the new MadCatz wheel is around $70 more (225) than suggest price of DFGT and even Microsoft Wireless (150).

And selling a Driving Force Whateverthey'dcallit at 220$ would still put it in a far lower price range than the Fanatec wheels and still open up a new market for Logitech - it still seems like it would make sense to do so, especially if they can build on the DFGT and wouldn't have to do all the R&D.
We'll see how well MadCatz new wheel sells as $225 sounds a little too high for a budget wheel. DFGT with the Microsoft chip is still a budget wheel (no clutch, no h-shifter, low quality pedals) .

Last edited:
We'll see how well MadCatz new wheel sells as $225 sounds a little too high for a budget wheel. DFGT with the Microsoft chip is still a budget wheel (no clutch, no h-shifter, low quality pedals) .
Problem with the Mad Catz wheel, though, is Mad Catz' bad reputation. Also, I don't know much about the features it'll come with...

IMO, Madcatz's reputation has been on an up-swing recently. I doubt quality will be an issue. Price wise... the features/cost is off... But that is my opinion.

I agree.

Madkatz is a market leader in the Fighting stick market now, and a highly respected leader at that. I think quality is no longer an issue in their camp, add that into the fact the latest wheels from them are only branded as "madkatz" products, the main development for the wheels (and much of their other recent products) were done by one of the many companies they've recently bought out, Saitek and Triton for example. Triton is one of the leading console/gaming headset brands, second only to Turtle Beach I believe, better value too IMO.

If the Madkatz name hadn't been so established in the industry, I think we would have seen it changed before this new breed of products were launched, that would have silenced all these doubts of quality we read on the boards, as many people would be none the wiser.

There are converters around to make the G-series work (well, somewhat work) with the Xbox, though, no?

Besides, adding the wireless Xbox connection is bound to get the price up, either way. Of course, MS not using a standard USB interface or anything is bound to increase the price somewhat, but I doubt that that's a reason to blame MS for the fact the Logitech wheels aren't compatible with the Xbox.
If a relatively small company like Fanatec deems it to be worth having an Xbox-compatible wheel around (and is able to afford the licensing for the Xbox interface, no less), there's little excuse for Logitech to not do the same.
👍

I agree.

Madkatz is a market leader in the Fighting stick market now, and a highly respected leader at that. I think quality is no longer an issue in their camp, add that into the fact the latest wheels from them are only branded as "madkatz" products, the main development for the wheels (and much of their other recent products) were done by one of the many companies they've recently bought out, Saitek and Triton for example. Triton is one of the leading console/gaming headset brands, second only to Turtle Beach I believe, better value too IMO.

If the Madkatz name hadn't been so established in the industry, I think we would have seen it changed before this new breed of products were launched, that would have silenced all these doubts of quality we read on the boards, as many people would be none the wiser.

Its actually sad they bought Saitek who made some great Flight Sticks.

I still cringe at the name Madcatz. I tried a few of their products and have never been pleased. Its hard to get a sour taste out of your mouth. Add that to the annyoing guy that does the hyped up marketing videos for them, and its hard to make people look at them differently.

Back