Why dragon trial are the worst track in the game

• Thread starter 1thing
  • 79 comments
"Am I the only one who understands the complexity of this cinematically technically ambitious masterpiece? This movie track isn't stupid, you're stupid!"

It’s an awesome track. 4 apex and 2 apex corners, hairpin. Only thing I don’t like are the jumpy kerbs. It makes innecessary random-like factor when trying to push hard.

Meanwhile Seaside is the only track in the whole track I seriously dislike, and all because that fast left-right where the car just randomly hits the wall.

Last edited:
I like both layouts of Dragon Trail. The only thing where i have my problems with all original tracks is that they are also driven in the other direction. That's a NoGo for me. The rhythm isn't there anymore. Or can you imagine to drive Monza, Spa, Interlagos etc. in the other direction? Tokyo Expressway is good because the layouts clockwise and counterclockwise are different designs. That's OK.

I like both layouts of Dragon Trail. The only thing where i have my problems with all original tracks is that they are also driven in the other direction. That's a NoGo for me. The rhythm isn't there anymore. Or can you imagine to drive Monza, Spa, Interlagos etc. in the other direction? Tokyo Expressway is good because the layouts clockwise and counterclockwise are different designs. That's OK.
Seaside in reverse is awful but Gardens in reverse is better than the regular layout imo

On some routes I even prefer to drive backwards... but that would be really interesting... the Nordschleife backwards... that would take forever to be understood... intense thought.

If you have Assetto Corsa on PC, there's a Dragon Trail mod that has both layouts combined like you suggest. Would make for a fun track if added officially
I checked that track. It wouldn't work well in the game, let alone in reality, given the purpose of the simulators.

IMO, the problem with not doing an "8" track is that the left tires would be brutally demanded. With the circuit at "8", there is a balance of wear on the four compounds.

Apart from that point, the idealization is excellent for a mod.

Last edited:
The Isle of Mann Mountain course would beg to differ, the Norschleife is a mere tiny thing in comparison, and before anyone says 'but it's only for bikes' Mark Higgins disagrees.

Okay, let's get into this debate...

Nordschleife still hosts races of many different classes. The Isle of Mann however doesn't, as that's a course setup once a year for time trials.

And that's why I'm going to disqualify your answer.

Isle of Mann is a time trial event, hosted once per year on the roads of the Isle of Mann. Nordschleife on the other hand is still used for actual side-by-side racing.

One is a race track, the other is a time trial course.

Okay, let's get into this debate...

Nordschleife still hosts races of many different classes. The Isle of Mann however doesn't, as that's a course setup once a year for time trials.

And that's why I'm going to disqualify your answer.

Isle of Mann is a time trial event, hosted once per year on the roads of the Isle of Mann. Nordschleife on the other hand is still used for actual side-by-side racing.

One is a race track, the other is a time trial course.
Both are still tracks (the actual criteria mentioned) and both are public roads that get closed for race events (time trials are race events, the very first races were, go on take a guess, time trials).

You also don't get to disqualify anything here.

Last edited:
You also don't get to disqualify anything here.

Pffft. Says who?! What, do you think you're a modera...t...or... Oh.

I may have made that comment as a tongue-in-cheek joke, as ultimately it's a silly slightly off-topic debate about what does or does not constitute a track.

I was originally going to go completely over-board and say that if Isle of Mann counts, as a TT course, then the entire width of the USA should, as cannonballers regularly run time trials on that course.

Pffft. Says who?! What, do you think you're a modera...t...or... Oh.

I may have made that comment as a tongue-in-cheek joke, as ultimately it's a silly slightly off-topic debate about what does or does not constitute a track.

I was originally going to go completely over-board and say that if Isle of Mann counts, as a TT course, then the entire width of the USA should, as cannonballers regularly run time trials on that course.
Closed public roads, and if I wanted to be really super pedantic, the ADAC 24hrs at the 'ring has a 200-car grid, so they actually start in staggered groups, which makes it a form of time trial as well.

Worst circuit in GT7? BB Raceway says hi.
Broad Bean just screams "We were short on tracks and had to knock something up in a few hours". A bland, grey bowl of nothingness.

It even recycles a lot of buildings from Tokyo Expressway despite being nowhere near each other on the GT7 map.
BB raceway are a novice track, in addition, it does not affect them at all, most of them have not even played it since in their only event most of them bought the Toyota Aqua.

BB raceway are a novice track, in addition, it does not affect them at all, most of them have not even played it since in their only event most of them bought the Toyota Aqua.
I've raced BB numerous times after the start of the game, in numerous cars. Shockingly, it still sucks cheeks.

Last edited:
The Isle of Mann Mountain course would beg to differ, the Norschleife is a mere tiny thing in comparison, and before anyone says 'but it's only for bikes' Mark Higgins disagrees.

Oh I love that car ! It was the first Scooby I bought in GT7.

Back