Why dragon trial are the worst track in the game

• Thread starter 1thing
  • 79 comments
I disagree, OP.

A track is just a track. At best you can rate them on a scale of difficulty, but whether you like how a track is laid out or not, is purely preference.

You've mentioned Dragontrail is "complicated" and poorly designed, but also stated you like the Nordschleife, which is easily the most complicated, and by extension difficult, track in the world. A lot of people don't like the layout of that track. Is that by default a bad track?

They're not bad, they're just not tracks that you personally enjoy racing on.

Last edited:
Strange. I, personally, love the Dragon Trail Seaside circuit, especially the Death Chicane. When you nail that chicane it’s the most satisfying thing. The circuit as a whole may look simple or poorly designed, but it really isn’t. It’s so fun

The Gardens circuit is also pretty neat. I don’t often nail the section where there is a quadruple apex. It is a neat section, but I’m not amazing by any means there.

But, different strokes for different folks, as I said to someone else here. Not everyone likes the same circuits others do.

Last edited:
Both dragon tracks have elements from other real life tracks that we dont have in game, so I enjoy that aspect.
That's one of the reasons I love DTG. T1 is just like Sydney motorsport Park(Eastern Creek). As for when I used to race in GTS Sport Mode, that track was an equaliser. Many struggled with the corners, but I love the unothordox camber and the flow of the circuit. Forward and DTG II.
I also love the scenery and it's a decent sized circuit with plenty to do over a lap.

The worst lead, for me, is Alsace. It's too "anime" for me. Furthermore, the look is unreal, with that excess of guardrails and traffic lanes on the asphalt, the layout of the track is crude and in bad taste.
about alsace i like it for several reasons but i don't like the layout as such

I disagree, OP.

A track is just a track. At best you can rate them on a scale of difficulty, but whether you like how a track is laid out or not, is purely preference.

You've mentioned Dragontrail is "complicated" and poorly designed, but also stated you like the Nordschleife, which is easily the most complicated, and by extension difficult, track in the world. A lot of people don't like the layout of that track. Is that by default a bad track?

They're not bad, they're just not tracks that you personally enjoy racing on.
I mean it's difficult because it's poorly designed, Nurburgring was made to be complicated, Dragon Trail was not.

Both dragon tracks have elements from other real life tracks that we dont have in game, so I enjoy that aspect.
What?

BB raceway are good but it is not useful, gt7 variants of Lago maggiore are good with karts and track toy cars, same with thief mile and colorado springs is fun
My favorite 5 tracks:
Fuji speedway
Nurburgring 24h
BB raceway
Watkins glen
Daytona road course
Now if you want to talk about garbage tracks Fuji leads the list with that mickey mouse last sector, slow turn after slow turn after slow turn. It would be 1 thing if it were just a chicane but it's a slow right, then left, right, right, left, left, and long right, I'm not sure if the last turn is just 1 turn or if it is considered 6 turns. If I ever have to race there again it will be too soon.

"Am I the only one who understands the complexity of this cinematically technically ambitious masterpiece? This movie track isn't stupid, you're stupid!"

Gardens reverse is my current favourite track! I’ve done the Gr.4 race there so many times!! I’ve even replicated it with different conditions (ie guaranteed heavy rain or running it in the evening). Seaside I’m a bit bored with at the moment but still think it’s a great track.

Gardens track is rather fine & dandy.............the Seaside track maybe being one of the best, - Personally i don't like the Bathurst track but then again I'm a rubbish driver 😐

Dem are fighting words, Sir! :mad:
It actually is nothing than a road that is used as a race track when a official race is held there.
Outside of that is it nothing but a toll road (that is: es ist toll, darauf zu fahren).
But obviously many drivers know that many drivers dont adhere to the road rules anyway.

I want to keep the track for historical reasons, that is part of "Autoland Deutschland" where old cars have priviledge for being old.
Like I am not allowed to drive my usual day car through a part of a city because exhaust regulations, but I am perfectly fine to drive my 30+ years old smokescreen emitter through the same part because it is protected by "Oldtimer status" (regulations in place to clarify what may be driven within this status).

Last edited:
No one likes the Nürburgring. It ist just tradition to "like" it. It is an overglorified piece of pay-to-ride road with no intersections for on- and offgoing traffic.
Saying something like that is almost blasphemy..... BE SHAME ;P

The Nordschleife isn't a racetrack either, it's more of a legend/god turned asphalt big grin
Seriously, there is hardly a track that is sooo interesting and challenging AND for me at least there is nothing that comes close to the fascination of a 24-hour race on the Nordschleife. A whole season in Formula 1 or whatever doesn't have as much variety and excitement as this one weekend.

To the topic starter:

That's just your very narrow subjective feeling, but as a general truth for most players, your opinion will likely not matter. That you don't like/can't do these routes...is your problem. I also have a few routes that I personally don't really like and that I tend to avoid, but claiming or at least saying it as if your opinion was anything special would have weight/importance is well at least pretentious.

If you had written that this series would be the last for YOU... but there probably wouldn't even be a discussion about it because you don't argue about taste... the individual usually doesn't have one and the masses somehow like everything a little bit!
It's like all other things that stand for, love and live for, for example. Punk Rock.. the others get a migraine attack and would like to die.

Last edited:
Gardens variant, sure, I can see why it's hard to like it.

Seaside variant? Nope, I will not tolerate Seaside slander. It's my favorite track to race on, and my go-to test track for cars. It's an easy to learn track, not needlessly complicated in the slightest. Sounds like skill issue to me.

Blue Moon Bay Speedway
Northern Isle Speedway
Broad Bean Raceway
Alsace
These are worst tracks for me... Boring useless and without any driving apeal

It actually is nothing than a road that is used as a race track when a official race is held there.
It was built as a race track originally though. The Touristenfahrten was secondary back then.

Besides whatever you want to call it, it is still a very fun piece of track to drive on and try to be fast around. Racing, not so much, but I can't believe anyone finds it boring to simply drive on.

Talking about in-game of course, reality is very different.

It was built as a race track originally though. The Touristenfahrten was secondary back then.

Besides whatever you want to call it, it is still a very fun piece of track to drive on and try to be fast around. Racing, not so much, but I can't believe anyone finds it boring to simply drive on.

Talking about in-game of course, reality is very different.
That would be me, for the most part. The flat out uphill bit leading towards the carousel is good, the rest I don't find particularly fun or interesting.

I don't understand why PD hasn't done this work yet. I believe it would not require many hours and material resources.

Seaside + Gardens

On paper this sounds good but it would probably be rather disappointing and a bit tedious track, like the Kyoto Yamagiwa and Miyabi combined. The flow of both combined would be probably ruined, as one his a higher speed one and the other is lower speed

Last edited:
Ok, OP, you don't like Dragon Trails, it's your opinion, you are entitled to have it and it isn't for us to object to that.

But, for God's sake, the game has Route X and BB Raceway. Route X is just the laziest example of poor design I can imagine.

Dragon Trail is one of the best tracks for multiplayer racing in the game because of it's flow and overtake opportunities it provides, so is used very often on multiplayer. Obviously PD has the numbers and chooses the tracks and cars for Daily Races by these records.
I believe the track is in the good side for the majority of the players so it will be hard to find some traction to the claim "worst track in the game"...

It's seems to me more of some frustration to a circuit you aren't particularly competitive being used so frequently on Daily Races

Outside of that is it nothing but a toll road (that is: es ist toll, darauf zu fahren).
But obviously many drivers know that many drivers dont adhere to the road rules anyway.

I want to keep the track for historical reasons, that is part of "Autoland Deutschland" where old cars have priviledge for being old.
Like I am not allowed to drive my usual day car through a part of a city because exhaust regulations, but I am perfectly fine to drive my 30+ years old smokescreen emitter through the same part because it is protected by "Oldtimer status" (regulations in place to clarify what may be driven within this status).
Have you ever driven the Nordschleiffe yourself?
I have a few times and I absolutely love it. You do have to be very careful with the other drivers, though, they tend to crash regularly.

My vote is the Lima Bean circuit. That’s the dumbest layout in the game. Only PD would put a jutting out wall in the middle of an oval. Now, I’ve done some muscle-pony car races on it, just because, but I wasn’t entertained.

This is true, track can grow on you, get better at them and you will learn to appriciate them, but then again..... who the hell designed Willow??? :lol: :lol: :banghead: :lol: :banghead:
I cannot let stand this besmirching of Big Willow. It is a stone cold classic, a god tier track, the very pinnacle.

Anyone who doesn't like it is just not very good, needs barriers to keep them pointed the right way. 😎

I cannot let stand this besmirching of Big Willow. It is a stone cold classic, a god tier track, the very pinnacle.

Anyone who doesn't like it is just not very good, needs barriers to keep them pointed the right way. 😎
I'll besmirch it fully 🤣, and I'm not bad at it, I just don't like the transitions, classic or not, I just don't like it 🤣🤣, but I can understand people do tho, I tried to make it grow on me, but for now it has not happen yet 🤣

Maybe it's difficult because it was designed to be so...
No, literaly in gt sport was 1 of the 3 first tracks (you can play your first time in it)

My vote is the Lima Bean circuit. That’s the dumbest layout in the game. Only PD would put a jutting out wall in the middle of an oval. Now, I’ve done some muscle-pony car races on it, just because, but I wasn’t entertained.
Broad bean raceway are maded to be your first track, all speedway are fun if you are using slipstream, there are very close finish and funny moments, and it is no stressfull.

No, literaly in gt sport was 1 of the 3 first tracks (you can play your first time in it)
It being one of the first tracks isn't exactly a counter-point to whether the track is intended to be challenging or not.

Last edited:
Back