Why dragon trial are the worst track in the game

• Thread starter 1thing
  • 79 comments
Mexico
Mexico
I am going to start with the "gardens" variant, which is the worst circuit in the game, it is the one that looks the worst, the circuit with rain and I had the worst memories of the game and it is the worst in the game.
then the other variant that is honestly overrated is a circuit that is equally meaningless even gardens makes more sense, the layout is horrendous, and it is difficult because it is poorly done, also dragon trial and big willow (not the other variants) are the only circuits that I don't like and they are complicated for me, I have many circuits that are complicated for me but both are the only ones that I don't like, it is also easy to do dirty racing, the landscape looks horrendous to be clearer the mountains, the kerbs are the worst I don't know how the fia can allow this circuit, besides it comes out everywhere they have already come out in 4 daily races and quite a few times in the gtws and not to mention in gt sport.

I am going to start with the "gardens" variant, which is the worst circuit in the game, it is the one that looks the worst, the circuit with rain and I had the worst memories of the game and it is the worst in the game.
then the other variant that is honestly overrated is a circuit that is equally meaningless even gardens makes more sense, the layout is horrendous, and it is difficult because it is poorly done, also dragon trial and big willow (not the other variants) are the only circuits that I don't like and they are complicated for me, I have many circuits that are complicated for me but both are the only ones that I don't like, it is also easy to do dirty racing, the landscape looks horrendous to be clearer the mountains, the kerbs are the worst I don't know how the fia can allow this circuit, besides it comes out everywhere they have already come out in 4 daily races and quite a few times in the gtws and not to mention in gt sport.
So let me get this straight, if you dont like a circuit that means its the worst circuit in the game?? Thank you for that wonderful piece of advice, I will look into it.

disagree GIF

People getting angry at something (probably because they just spun out or crashed there) and then going online and writing an unhinged post about why it sucks is my favourite genre of post.

Reminds me of when I was 7 and I'd spin at Complex String or something, get angry and google "GT3 COMPLEX STRING SUCKS" and read angry gameFAQ forum post whilst going "awh yeah... it's not just me."

I don't understand why PD hasn't done this work yet. I believe it would not require many hours and material resources.

Seaside + Gardens

People getting angry at something (probably because they just spun out or crashed there) and then going online and writing an unhinged post about why it sucks is my favourite genre of post.

Reminds me of when I was 7 and I'd spin at Complex String or something, get angry and google "GT3 COMPLEX STRING SUCKS" and read angry gameFAQ forum post whilst going "awh yeah... it's not just me."
there are difficult circuits that I like but dragon trial is difficult because it is poorly done, more than difficult it is frustrating, finally I want to add that the circuit is totally illogical for example the stands on the stones.
The worst thing is that 1/4 of the daily races have dragon trial so far it is in the time trial where I prefer not to participate this time.

Last edited:
Not agree...
It is a very good fictional track and the location exists in real life, in Croatia. You have even worse landscapes and mountains (badlands) in northern Mexico, I'm sure.
The chicane of death however, it is a pain in the ass to consistently do it fast, and it has gotten worse in GT7
I don't hate the death chicane is the only good track section, with the montains i mean poor textures.

I don't hate the death chicane is the only good track section, with the montains i mean poor textures.
?? Textures are okay to me in 1080 and better in 4k. I've seen pictures of those mountains and they look quite realistic

In my tierlist the worst tracks are seaside, big willow and gardens.
Worst tracks BB raceway, willow horse thief mile, and Colorado Springs

Last edited:
Gardens is pretty mediocre as far as circuits go, but it still has a decent flow to it with some nice hairpins to tackle.

Meanwhile Seaside is one of PD's best original tracks to date with challenging corners, a great sense of speed and even the iconic Chicane of Death.

Not sure how you can call Dragon Trail the worst track in the game when BB Raceway is literally, like, right there.

?? Textures are okay to me in 1080 and better in 4k. I've seen pictures of those mountains and they look quite realistic

Worst tracks BB raceway, willow horse thief mile, the new small variants of Lago Maggiore and Colorado Springs
BB raceway are good but it is not useful, gt7 variants of Lago maggiore are good with karts and track toy cars, same with thief mile and colorado springs is fun
My favorite 5 tracks:
Fuji speedway
Nurburgring 24h
BB raceway
Watkins glen
Daytona road course

Gardens is pretty mediocre as far as circuits go, but it still has a decent flow to it with some nice hairpins to tackle.

Meanwhile Seaside is one of PD's best original tracks to date with challenging corners, a great sense of speed and even the iconic Chicane of Death.

Not sure how you can call Dragon Trail the worst track in the game when BB Raceway is literally, like, right there.
The only good seaside thing is the death chicane, the rest of the track are stressful and garbage

BB raceway is not stressful, are fun and aesthetically it is beautiful besides it's not everywhere.

Most tracks are "💩" until you get experienced with them. Practice, practice, practice.
dragon trial is the circuit that I played the most for world touring car 600, I got stuck because it was always out of the top 3 because of that track.

The only good seaside thing is the death chicane, the rest of the track are stressful and garbage

BB raceway is not stressful, are fun and aesthetically it is beautiful besides it's not everywhere.
Stress is a good thing for a track. It makes things more satisfying when you don't mess anything up. That's why people love the Nurburgring so much.

As for BB, I fail to see what could be very fun or beautiful about it - it just feels clunky to me - but hey, I guess that's opinions for ya.

Stress is a good thing for a track. It makes things more satisfying when you don't mess anything up. That's why people love the Nurburgring so much.

As for BB, I fail to see what could be very fun or beautiful about it - it just feels clunky to me - but hey, I guess that's opinions for ya.
I like nurburgring but dragon trial are stressfull because the track are bad designed

I love Dragon Trail, specially the Seaside layout. Dragon Trail Seaside, Lago Maggiore and Sardegna Road Track Layout B were my favorite fictional circuits introduced in GT Sport.
My gt sport favorite tracks are
3 lago maggiore
2 all sargena layouts
1 BB raceway (no joke)

I don't understand why PD hasn't done this work yet. I believe it would not require many hours and material resources.

Seaside + Gardens

If you have Assetto Corsa on PC, there's a Dragon Trail mod that has both layouts combined like you suggest. Would make for a fun track if added officially

Fortunatly todays cars have different modes for "rubbish on roads" or "rubbish on tracks" in JayMay´s words ;D

Dragon Trail Seaside was the first track I drove on GT Sport release and I love it no less today.

Last edited:
OK, so you don't like Dragon's Trail. Fair enough.
But that doesn't make it the worst track for everyone. From the fictional tracks introduced since GT Sport, it's easily my favorite (not counting Tokyo as it's based on real roads).

Everyone has different tastes

Back