Why I pre-ordered Shift-2 Unleashed.

• Thread starter squeakD
  • 38 comments
How could you get rid of F1 2010? The season is about to start! My copy will be getting a serious workout right up until about September, when I will trade it for F1 2011 :)

For only one reason, I gave up playing F1 2010 and also the other games I traded - since I got GT5 - so no point for me to keep them. :rolleyes:

For only one reason, I gave up playing F1 2010 and also the other games I traded - since I got GT5 - so no point for me to keep them. :rolleyes:

well, I kept gt5 too and traded f1 2010 ( for shift 2) but F1 is a way better game than GT5, without doubt.

Talking about events, I pre-ordered the limited edition also because of the 40 new events. Obviously all those candy videos that were around by the time I new about this new release were more than enough.

I recall the ones with the telemetry, racing at night with the helmet cam and some showing alternate footage in Dubai between real and game.

Since I care about the fun factor the most it wasn't even a choice. I have to have the game :)

well, I kept gt5 too and traded f1 2010 ( for shift 2) but F1 is a way better game than GT5, without doubt.

Sadly, I must agree. Even though its a different style of racing, I get way more enjoyment out of F1 2010 than GT5. I am now in my 3rd season and really getting a hold to the tracks. I am team mates with Alfonso now and we are ruling the tracks,lol.

Hopefully for me, Shift 2 turns out to be what I expected from GT5. An overall enhanced gameplay experience with addition content, features, and deeper offline mode.

Pre-ordered it today, GT5 is the only game I've pre-ordered and only collectors edition i have ever got for a game and regret it and hoping i don't get the same feeling this time. I'm not expecting GT5 physics, just really good competitive racing against quality AI and GT4 physics. If i have as much fun as i do playing "Le Mans 24 hours" on the PS2 then it will be worth it.

Pre-ordered it today, GT5 is the only game I've pre-ordered and only collectors edition i have ever got for a game and regret it and hoping i don't get the same feeling this time. I'm not expecting GT5 physics, just really good competitive racing against quality AI and GT4 physics. If i have as much fun as i do playing "Le Mans 24 hours" on the PS2 then it will be worth it.

GT5 5 was my first ever pre order too. I pre-ordered the CE as well but Best Buy didn't do a midnight release so I bought the regular version from Walmart at midnight. Planned on playing all night and trade it in at Gamestop the next day for an advance for LPB2. Boy am I glad I went to Walmart. I never picked up my C.E. preorder. I seen enough B.S. from GT5 by 5 am and was thanking myself for not wasting 40 bucks.

This hour next week I will be playing Shift 2. I will play all night for I took a vacation day just as I did with GT5. Well I had the whole week off for GT5 and wished I had gone to work,lol.

I also pre-ordered Shift 2, mostly for the additional content. If they hadn't dangled the proverbial 3-car-and-40-event carrot, I'd probably be taking the same wait and see approach as everyone else.

GT5 is easily my favorite driving game of all time. While it may not have the most polished presentation, or enough offline content to satisfy most folks, the online game and the vastly improved driving physics more than make up for those shortcomings, in my eyes at least.

I'm not really sure what to expect from Shift 2, as I only spent a couple of minutes with the first game, but I'm hoping to get something more along the lines of a racing career; versus the almost literal sandbox experience that is GT5.

Somewhere along the line, I got the impression that the Shift and GTR/Race series were related somehow, possibly even made by the same development team. Is there any truth to this?

Yes, but nothing much to do with the post Race-xx SimBin games other than using some of the same bits of the base physics model. Some of the core people at SMS are from the pre "SimBin" days of SBDT, and did the vast amount of heavy lifting on GTR/GTL/GTR2 as Blimey!.

Preordered at the beginning of this month. Looking forward to next week. :)
I had good fun with the first Shift, while waiting in between GT5P and GT5.

The activity in this subforum, with all round good humor, sharing of car tunes and various steering wheel set-ups, was quite fun and entertaining.

Pleasant surprise when I learned all preorders will get the bonus content, new (extra) cars and events, great!

Latest Posts

Back