it seams like its more than that. I had the cobra 427 set up great at the ring, made a few laps at daytona checking top speed and it did really well there to. Then i go online and its undrivable. constantly bottoming out the rear. At leat thats how it feels any way. had a few othes that also fell competly different online.
It seems it is different , i rarely venture online , i got 2 sec's a lap slower around Rome than i do "in the game" No difference in the car settings , I raced a few races then came "offline" raced Rome again and made the 2 sec's up. Pretty odd !
I think what you might be referring to is the difference between Practice (time trial) and online.
Practice is set so there is minimal tire wear and the tires stay a lot colder. This is so you can do lap after lap without the performance of your car deteriorating and effecting the lap times. It is trying to replicate the best possible conditions that your car might face. ie after about 1 lap when your tires are at optimal temp. Unfortunately this means it is useless for tuning the setup on your car because as soon as you go online you might find the tires overheat with the slightest provocation and what you thought was a good setup isn't even drivable.
The A spec races vary, some have full tire wear others have none. If you want to tune your car to work in all conditions you need to do it in your lounge which operates the same as online.
You guys are lucky if you are only noticing that now, back at the launch any changes you made to your cars setup online were not saved and you had to write them down and make the changes again when you got back to GT life! That would have caught a lot of people out. Spending a couple of hours online tuning your car then the next day when you take it for a spin you realise you've lost all that hard work!
This thread pushed me over the edge to join the forum.
I'm at the point where I'm creating rooms to tune my cars.
I ran a 5 race championship with my Ford GT and it was running perfectly. Five minutes later I freshen it up and head online for a race and the car felt like it had never been tuned! I was racing Japan and my offline laps were 7 seconds faster than my crippling online laps. I'm no newbie either. Oh well...I'll just tune online.
My cars a lot looser online. Looks like I may need 2 sets of cars tuned differently. Would be great if we could have the 3 sets of tunes back.
I really do wish we had some explanation.