Why is Silk Cut removed from XJR9 Livery

• Thread starter AJFast12
  • 38 comments
The decals are also freely available in discover to make the Jaguar XJR9 car complete, been working on some fantasy variations
of the livery but as always time is against me as I have way too many projects work in progress.

Might make sure I finish this one for the XJR9 though!

The yellow parts will be a 🤬 to get right.
dunlopimg06.jpg

So now big tobacco no longer needs to advertise to kids; they have the parents/kids do it themselves. I mean I'm all for accurate representation in the liveries but it seems self-defeating

So if GT/Sony remove tobacco advertising from car liveries; why do they allow players to recreate them in the editor. I assume this applies to alcohol as well. There's a million Rothmans and JPS liveries
Polyphony can't put alcohol/tobacco advertising for legal reasons. However, there's nothing that would stop players from making those liveries.

Given how people/artists are up in arms over DRM issues, how is a person uploading a corporations logo without their consent as to usage the same thing, I seriously don't get it. I'm not saying it's wrong, just that I don't understand the reasoning. It seems to me Sony should have to take reasonable steps to remove harmful/illegal advertising. Yes, I know that, in the tobacco case, they weren't banned initially and livery creators are just recreating history but as I can also create a livery with said logos on cars that never had them in the first place shouldn't at least those be banned. I think this will become an issue with the advancement of eSports like GTSport as cars with banned advertising will not be allowed.

I think this will become an issue with the advancement of eSports like GTSport as cars with banned advertising will not be allowed.
They‘ll only be using the stock liveries of the cars anyway.
Would‘ve been a lot cooler if the teans or drivers had their own liveries at the World Tour races but I guess it would‘ve triggered some companies or their lawyers :(

They‘ll only be using the stock liveries of the cars anyway.
Would‘ve been a lot cooler if the teans or drivers had their own liveries at the World Tour races but I guess it would‘ve triggered some companies or their lawyers :(
It would be nice if they took the time to think that through and have some deal where they remove all brand logo decals from their liveries so it's cool designs and a number.

It would be nice if they took the time to think that through and have some deal where they remove all brand logo decals from their liveries so it's cool designs and a number.

or just custom colors & wheels + #. I don't race online so for example if someone created a Rothman's livery can they race online in GTS now with it?

Given how people/artists are up in arms over DRM issues, how is a person uploading a corporations logo without their consent as to usage the same thing, I seriously don't get it. I'm not saying it's wrong, just that I don't understand the reasoning. It seems to me Sony should have to take reasonable steps to remove harmful/illegal advertising. Yes, I know that, in the tobacco case, they weren't banned initially and livery creators are just recreating history but as I can also create a livery with said logos on cars that never had them in the first place shouldn't at least those be banned. I think this will become an issue with the advancement of eSports like GTSport as cars with banned advertising will not be allowed.
They do remove harmful images like nudity, violence, gore, swastikas etc.
Brand advertising wouldn’t be included

Man, all this time I thought Silk Cut was a shaving brand. I'm dead serious. :lol: I never considered searching the name to see what it actually was. :dunce:

Yes, I have that game too and drove that car (as well as the Mercedes Sauber C9) with my G29 + Shifter. Amazing stuff. Now I look forward to doing that in GT Sport. Problem? :)

What? No. I posted that picture to show that others competing games are missing the silk cut logo too. I don’t know where you got those assumptions from.

Back