Why is the music in GT 5 so bad?

• Thread starter Anthony B
  • 44 comments
United States
United States
I am not talking about the menu music which I do not mind, but the racing music. Who would pick out such a bad soundtrack? Most of it sounds like strange Japanese techno. The most annoying song has little kids singing over a bass line and piano, which really aggrivates me when I hear it. I had to put my own music in the game because I got so sick of hearing the soundtrack. The only song I didn't really mind was by the Scorpions. Anyone else agree?

Erm... no. Loads of people hated Baby, I loved it, but that seemed the only divisive song on the whole game.

Gran Turismo soundtracks are outstandingly unremarkable.

A good racing game gives me a handful of new tracks in my collection.

There are only two tracks in GT history that I really like and I knew of both of them beforehand.

Don't get me started on that Daiko Kaisho rubbish.

Heck, I didn't even notice that while playing GT5.....'cuz I used my own music off HDD. ;)
BTW, that song with kids singing? Mercedes is using it in the new c-class ads.

edit: here's the ad:

Last edited:
Heck, I didn't even notice that while playing GT5.....'cuz I used my own music off HDD. ;)

not the same version though :P

It's not the same song. GT5 has the Breakbot remix of the Pnau song, that is Faul and Wad-Ad's remix of the Pnau song.

hsv
It's "baby, I don't know".

I don't know why the song gets so much hate. Pnau are fantastic, the kids do a great job, and Breakbot somehow made it even more cheerful.
The song itself isn't too bad, in my opinion. But the problem is putting it in the pre-race menu of a racing game which is what I think people find odd.

i only listen to the music of an engine.
I hope it's not the engine sounds found in the game though. Aside from the ones coming from some specific cars here, engine sounds in GT5 are, you know, absolute crap. :lol:

I hope it's not the engine sounds found in the game though. Aside from the ones coming from some specific cars here, engine sounds in GT5 are, you know, absolute crap. :lol:
I found surround sound speaker system makes a big improvement in the Engine sounds, and when the Engine sound is from the TV only well that is a another sound.

Back