Why is the X2014 challenge so easy?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Operation Ivy
  • 20 comments
  • 1,664 views
Messages
76
Finland
Turku
To this day I still can't get even silver on a single X2010 one and I just golded all 3 X2014s in 4 tries total
 
Good. Maybe I'll at least be able to bronze this time as I was never even able to complete a lap in the GT5 Vettel challenges.
 
Glad you found it easy, I have given up getting past the Championship before it as I found it impossible
 
Any tips for them? Because they keep ignoring my car and ramming into me.
 
i cant do this. especially since my tracks keep dissapearing :P
 
Any tips for them? Because they keep ignoring my car and ramming into me.
For the standard and juniors I tried to get to the first corner as fast as I can since the lead car usually slows down way too much and I got into 4th place off the first turn, then just draft the rest of the way
 
For the standard and juniors I tried to get to the first corner as fast as I can since the lead car usually slows down way too much and I got into 4th place off the first turn, then just draft the rest of the way
Drafted up to 2nd on silverstone, on race 2 of standards now.
 
Forget it! I'll just buy them. No sense in having a race wyen the brain dead ai just rear end you the whole time. Good thing I'm rich in this world...
 
I silvered the GT5 Vettel challenge. Took 1hr to gold the GT6 challenge, suzuka easly the most frusterating really messy effort on the dirt most of the time, so I did'nt bother saving the replay, still 6mil for the challenge & a new fan car is nothing to sneeze at.
 
It took me 6 month of practice to gold the GT5 vettel events !
and I was a bit scared about the new ones !
but first try everthing gold , with a 30 second gap in each race at the championship and about a 10 second gap at the 1vs1
just learn the tracks and get used to the cornering speed !
compared to GT 5 its an absoulute walk in the park ! was great fun though :gtpflag:
 
It is easy because PD wants it to be easy for you, they don't want you to go through the same fate as the X2010 challenge on GT5.
 
It took me 6 month of practice to gold the GT5 vettel events !
and I was a bit scared about the new ones !
but first try everthing gold , with a 30 second gap in each race at the championship and about a 10 second gap at the 1vs1
just learn the tracks and get used to the cornering speed !
compared to GT 5 its an absoulute walk in the park ! was great fun though :gtpflag:
30 second gap in the Championship races? You sure about that? Wasn't sure that pace was even possible. I need to practice more I guess. I was winning them by about 2-5 seconds.
 
Never got gold on suzuka or nurburg in gt5, after literally hundreds of tries... But I did these in 1 - 5 tries. Pretty disappointed with the x2014. It's slower than the older ones. It has less hp and doesn't corner as hard. I thought the whole point was to make an unrestricted car that pushed the limits of what is physically possible (maybe theoretically possible).
 
I just returned after a week or so without play, so I'll get back to you on the standard races and final challenge when I attempt those. The Red Bull go karts and junior races were much easier than I expected though.

For GT5's X challenge, it took me about ten days of practice (at nights after work) to get gold on all three. I'd drive for an hour or so each night if I could find the time, and I slowly worked out the car and edged closer to the corner speeds and nigh-perfect laps required.

By way of comparison, the Red Bull go kart race in GT6 seemed no more difficult than the ordinary GT6 career go kart races. The junior race was not much more challenging. By the first half of the first lap of the first race, I was familiar with the car enough to set a winning pace.

As much as I dislike the rabbit, they should have put a carrot in front of it for the GT6 X challenges.
 
30 second gap in the Championship races? You sure about that? Wasn't sure that pace was even possible. I need to practice more I guess. I was winning them by about 2-5 seconds.
maybe a bit less on apricot hill , but on nurb and suzuka I drove my a.. off in GT5 and I can drive (or fly :lol:) there pretty good , I guess. like one guy mentioned , the x2010 seemes to be a lot faster , or maybe my expactations were just too high :cheers:
I guess I'll have to put in GT5 again for a comparsion :D
 
The championship was way too easy when compared to GT5, I spent a lot of time driving the X cars in GT5 so in GT6 I had no issues. It boils down to getting your mind to process track info at that speed, and to realize how much traction and downforce these cars can carry through a turn.

For those struggling; just practice and look farther ahead.
 
It is easy because PD wants it to be easy for you, they don't want you to go through the same fate as the X2010 challenge on GT5.
Thankfully....
 
it ended quickly but championship is fun
much better than junior & better payout , grinding while having fun!
 
Finally got around to the standard and x challenge, and I am very disappointed in the challenge.

I crashed into barriers twice at Monza and still got gold. Failed to brake at Spa, went across fields, gold. I spun out at Suzuka and started again when I probably would have got gold anyway. Got it the next attempt in the shoddiest of efforts.

I don't understand how you can crash, twice, and get gold in what is supposed to be the hardest part of the game. It also seemed like they'd turned off the ability to be disqualified.
 
Back