Why no R1's

• Thread starter FosterG
  • 9 comments
misteruno1
I was wondering why they did not bother to put in any street races for R1 cars, yeah I know they are not street cars but give us something Turn 10.

Can't you upgrade the Veyron SS to an R1? In fact, aren't there a bunch of cars that can be turned into R1s?

He means races for R1. Only one I can remember is the Horizon Champion of Champions race at the end of the game.

Right. I think the main reason is, the only place to really drive an R1 to it's full potential is the freeway.

I personally never minded not having any R1 or race cars. It's not technically a racing game, more of a driving game. Like NFS.

Except for all the races of course. In that respect it's more like Burnout Paradise as a lot of NFS games eschew racing altogether.

I think for R1 racing it helps to have dedicated circuits rather than adapted street circuits though.

If Horizon 2 ever gets off the drawing board though then multiple wide open freeways would be welcome.

All the R1 races are on Xbox Live, in the open-class lobbies. There are probably a dozen open lobbies on the I70 streetrace route right now. :lol:

I don't know why there aren't a few more R1 races, considering how much the game pushes you to drive A/S/R-class cars in the first place. It makes sense to see so many A-class events, because it's a great class, but I would have liked to see more B/C/D-class races.

UKMikey
I think for R1 racing it helps to have dedicated circuits rather than adapted street circuits though.

Street circuits in general aren't the problem. In the real world, a lot of series have R1-type cars racing on street circuits. The problem is that a lot of the roads in this particular game or excessively tight courses don't work so great for top-end cars.

Back