Why people hate 4WD drifter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok for most arguments. But, (im no ballet expert, far from that), i guess that any ballet dancer that would read what had been told here, probably would be offended. I mean, at least from what i saw watching "Black Swan", ballet is in fact gracious, but demands a lot of energy and speed.

I really dont get offended to compare 2 cars drifting to 2 ballet dancers doing their coreography, except by the fact that in ballet there is no competition betwen each other and in the drift nothing is predicted. So its cool if both cars follow the same pace, but none of both knows what will happen corner after corner.

Also, i think its very ignorant to underpraise any kind of sport based in judge´s avaliations. Nothing in the world is black/white like this, and even sports with a clear winning criteria can´t be fair all the time (like a soccer game where the loser team actualy played better, or a racer that didn´t won the race but got the best lap or the higher number of overtakes).

Anyways, this conversation is getting far from off-topic, what really bothered myself is seeing somebody coming to the drifting forum and underpraise the duscussion just because he also underpraise the drift scene, competitive or not.

Lazy Liquid
Ok for most arguments. But, (im no ballet expert, far from that), i guess that any ballet dancer that would read what had been told here, probably would be offended. I mean, at least from what i saw watching "Black Swan", ballet is in fact gracious, but demands a lot of energy and speed.

I really dont get offended to compare 2 cars drifting to 2 ballet dancers doing their coreography, except by the fact that in ballet there is no competition betwen each other and in the drift nothing is predicted. So its cool if both cars follow the same pace, but none of both knows what will happen corner after corner.

Also, i think its very ignorant to underpraise any kind of sport based in judge´s avaliations. Nothing in the world is black/white like this, and even sports with a clear winning criteria can´t be fair all the time (like a soccer game where the loser team actualy played better, or a racer that didn´t won the race but got the best lap or the higher number of overtakes).

Anyways, this conversation is getting far from off-topic, what really bothered myself is seeing somebody coming to the drifting forum and underpraise the duscussion just because he also underpraise the drift scene, competitive or not.

Nice. You made your point. Here's some advice, don't waste your time... This topic will never be resolved, no matter how hard you, or anybody else tries. You can't change human nature. We could spend the rest of our times here on this site(or app, depending on what you use) trying to convince people with solid conservative opinions what is wrong and what is right...

EDIT:
I'm using the real defenition of conservative, not the political version.
The true meaning is: narrow minded, not accepting new ideas, iam right, you are wrong... etc...etc..

Last edited:
Nice. You made your point. Here's some advice, don't waste your time... This topic will never be resolved, no matter how hard you, or anybody else tries. You can't change human nature. We could spend the rest of our times here on this site(or app, depending on what you use) trying to convince people with solid conservative opinions what is wrong and what is right...

Hehehehehe... my intention here is not convince anybody, but yes show my point of view. Same as i don´t enjoy to drift for compete, i also don´t like to discuss to convert someone.

Nor i want to convice anybody as i have my own believes and ill not change it. You can defecate inside your sock and spin it inside your bedroom, painting the walls with deep brown. Do that, record a video and send me the link... ill watch it, ill laugh, but ill not agree and do the same thing.

all the aruguing over a game....wonder how many of yall ever actually go drift whatever cars are in your driveway. wise man once said "don't go slow. go SIDEWAYS"

4eyes
all the aruguing over a game....wonder how many of yall ever actually go drift whatever cars are in your driveway. wise man once said "don't go slow. go SIDEWAYS"

Deep.. By The Way! Welcome to GTPlanet..

thanks! ever since i got gt3 for ps2 when it came out ive been hooked, used to try and drift on 3 but its quite difficult.. and recently lost 70 somthin cars and all gold wins when my gt4 save got currupted.

Warnings and infractions issued along with a 30+ post deletion.

Not how I expect to start my evening.

Either this thread and the members posting in it calm down right now or a few will find they lose the ability to post.

Scaff

Thank you Scaff for cleaning up this thread i really do appreciate it...

So hey question for the AWD drifting guys... Do you guys understand that you are not really hated... It is just some of the rooms you guys go into run a style of drifting that it doesn't allow AWD cars... Mabey you guys should make rooms for AWD cars and block all other drive-trains if you guys see fit you know... Peace

Wrong. I created a room a few days back and the hatred for any 4WD car on the track was immense. Once the 4WD car went through a few laps at least 2 people had to mention him being there. Such a problem they are, complaining about how they "suck" and everything.

Thank you Scaff for cleaning up this thread i really do appreciate it...

So hey question for the AWD drifting guys... Do you guys understand that you are not really hated... It is just some of the rooms you guys go into run a style of drifting that it doesn't allow AWD cars... Mabey you guys should make rooms for AWD cars and block all other drive-trains if you guys see fit you know... Peace

i think the whole point of this to note that FR is not simply better, and that AWD drifters are not allowed in your comps and thus making the confusion that they are "hated" :scared:

i think the whole point of this to note that FR is not simply better, and that AWD drifters are not allowed in your comps and thus making the confusion that they are "hated" :scared:

Well, it goes on the forums also. People do show favoritism towards RWD because it is traditional than AWD drifting.

500full.jpg

C´mon guys! Stop to make jokes with AWD "drifters"! Just let them in peace doing their thing in a safier way!

Ok, just one more:
000t_trhkg4017971.jpg

I've noticed a huge decrease in AWD cars in public lobbies. I wonder if this thread made had anything to do with it ;) . In the past 2 nights I've seen 4 subarus total, I been through at least 6 different lobbies.

Keep them rear wheels spinnin boys.

Hi, I play Gt5 since almost one week and begins to drift a couple days ago. I have to admit that there is a real problem in this comunity. I come from forza, and I am a good forza drifter, most people drift rwd in forza, some drift awd, but nobody care about that, why in gt5 people HATE, they dont only dont like, they HATE 4wd drifter, why??? Is it easier?? I know its not really real life to drift awd car, but why people are so upset about that???

...because AWD drifters are bosses :P

JBanton
Maybe RWD people hate AWD guys because their RWDs aren't accepted in WRC?

I don't know, I'm just putting it out there.

How would that be even close to relevant? Awd is not excepted in DTM, JTCC, ALMS, F1 and NASCAR to name a few, and as we can see this has nothing to do with why people dislike AWD drifters, why would there be a case of jealousy with the one racing series that actually accepts AWD. (that I can think of off the top of my head) I don't mean to flame or be harsh, but certainly you could've come up with something better then that?

EDIT: I hope that didn't come off as to harsh seeing how you did say "I don't know."

Last edited:
It is easier to drift 4wd.. I like to drift 370z which is easy, but RWD. people drifting a Evo, they do it easier then i do. Its just the fact that in real life, its almost impossible to drift 4wd..

C´mon guys! Stop to make jokes with AWD "drifters"! Just let them in peace doing their thing in a safier way!

Ok, just one more:
000t_trhkg4017971.jpg

I see what you did there. You should make more of them sometime.

monsterGAUZ
When will this thread finally be clooooooooooooosed?

*Despereate terrible scream*

There will be another one right after this closes just like before... I got the websites and i copied what i posted so i can just go to the memo app and copy it off

If it's going to close this is my only chance to post this...

For all of you people that think AWD is better than RWD for drifting, you might find this useful:
1686d1077300099-drift-for-dummies-help-me-out-guys-driftingdummies.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back