Why people hate 4WD drifter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
maveric25
I didn't mean that :grumpy: What I meant is that professional RWD drifters in real life have more skills than AWD powersliders & it's true. Compare an "AWD tandem" against a RWD tandem. You'll notice it immediately.

Then you need to be more clear. I'd say anyone who goes out there and does it has my respect. But what do I know?

RWD RWD RWD this is a known fact RWD is our community for drift events to 99% of teams. in my eyes someone that uses a 4wd to drift hasnt yet figured out the phisics of rwd drifting and really its ok to start on 4wd cars but when you take a 4wd to a rwd room your just messing up and thats where the problem is so to all you 4wd so called drifters i'll battle everyone of you with 1 car comfort hards only any track of your choice and i'll show you what rwd is all about

TANDEM BATTLE

:confused: Going a little to far there. No one said (afaik) that AWD drifters will deliberately join an RWD room to challenge others or of the sort. Who would join the room knowing they wouldn't be permitted to drive said car? Some people but that's more of an ignorance thing.

:confused: Going a little to far there. No one said (afaik) that AWD drifters will deliberately join an RWD room to challenge others or of the sort. Who would join the room knowing they wouldn't be permitted to drive said car? Some people but that's more of an ignorance thing.

Damn I must have taken it too far again Mav slap me Please

Oh please, RWD users have more skills? It's a video game folks. It's supposed to be fun. You guys are reminiscent of the MW2 Quickscopers v. Hard scopers. Lol at all of you.

If you bought GT5 just because it was a game then you don't belong on this forum. GT5 is more than just a game to us, It is a way for us to feel the realism of being on the track in our dreams cars and learn how real racing feels. If you want a racing game to have "fun" then go play Need For Speed.

The vicious circle of name calling and harassment over RWD vs. AWD continues...

I'll point and laugh at anyone that thinks the fighting game community is too uptight and serious from here on out.

If you bought GT5 just because it was a game then you don't belong on this forum. GT5 is more than just a game to us, It is a way for us to feel the realism of being on the track in our dreams cars and learn how real racing feels. If you want a racing game to have "fun" then go play Need For Speed.

👎 Anyone may be here as they please. I play the game for fun after all. It's a different game for everyone but that does not mean they may be excluded from an openly public forum.

Tandem will never look this good with AWD.

if i'm not mistaken thats an impreza, an awd car modified for drifting.

i run touge in gt5 and drive an evo in real life. since you cant pull the front cv's in gt5 and can only set 10/90 split even though the menu says 50/50-0/100 awd drifters will get flack. yes if you're chasing a rwd in an awd you have to anticpate entryspeed or you will collide. if you are chasing a skilled drifter and you can control your awd, you can shadow them effectively, i have even had rwd cars entering turns a beat quicker than my awd.

in real life my evo can get sideways with handbrake or weight transfer but i won't claim thats drifting.

Wow this really is getting stupid... Like i said before i am starting a rooms to help you AWD drifter guys learn how to better yourself or just learn how to drift RWDs if you want the help please add me on PSN my ID is Swift313s-KushDC... It just seems like no one cares to listen to what others have to say... Too much drama in this thread... No offence to anyone but i am not debating this anymore i gave backed up what i have said so basically i am done here... Having to copy and paste my the same thing over and over again... It's getting old really fast... But if the AWD drifters want me to teach them what i know that's if any of you want to learn i have no problem doing so... Probably see you in a little bit MAV...

Last edited:
Drift_Monkey

Oh I'm sorry I didn't realize I was in the presence of THE GOD OF GT5. He who declares all casual players shall NOT be apart of the community. You take things too seriously.

The vicious circle of name calling and harassment over RWD vs. AWD continues...

I'll point and laugh at anyone that thinks the fighting game community is too uptight and serious from here on out.

👍
Can we kill this thread?

Its funny how everytime this subforum is a bit monotone or boring, some fantastic mind shove up this crappy thread.

AWD is tacky, ugly, senseless and noobish, soloing or patheticaly trying to tandem. Thats it, end of story.

The Impreza in the vid would have been RWD converted. I don't see why people argue that 4WD is SOOO good. It's good for a bit of fun by myself occasionally (I love the 400R) but I never use them against others

:lol: I might grab some popcorn and just watch this thread...

RWD Vs. AWD
Casual Vs. Hardcore
The guys who are neither here nor there, or both...

Carry on fellows *munches popcorn* :)

JBanton
:lol: I might grab some popcorn and just watch this thread...

RWD Vs. AWD
Casual Vs. Hardcore
The guys who are neither here nor there, or both...

Carry on fellows *munches popcorn* :)

Self-righteous vs. fun loving.....

Legit drifters vs Ken Block wannabes...
Xzibit-Laughing.jpg

Okay I have multitude of different drift cars, Half of them are GT-R's and other 4wd cars and even a FFD. I have one hell of a good time to drift/ Slide the GT-R than i do in the Rx-7 or Rx-8 (Ya I use an RX-8) I'm not the best drifter in the world, however i've become better and during the last drift event i scored higher in my GT-R than my friend did in his Fully tuned SLR Mclaren. WIth 4WD cars it takes more skill and a different suspention to make them go sideways.

With RWD cars THey are easier to tune however starting out they are unforgiving. I can drift a viper and a corvette, however when you spin out, you spin out. same thing with the 4wd cars however the wrong move and i go into a wall in a flat spin.

All i'm saying is that the arugement of whether 4wd "drifting" isnt really drifting, then explain how my friend who is a much better drifter than me, how did a GT-R (4WD) manage to place a full 6000 positions ahead of his SLR Mclaren? If being a 4wd drifter is noobish, how did i finish in 4000th odd position while he finished back in 10000th or so.

I know i'm going to make myself a target however lets just finish this arguement.

I respect your point of view in all of this and I will not rip your throat out for having an opinion. On the other hand, some people might.... Don't sleep tonight. Your post fuels their hate and you might wake up to find that your eyes are being stabbed to liquid by maveric. :P

Okay I have multitude of different drift cars, Half of them are GT-R's and other 4wd cars and even a FFD. I have one hell of a good time to drift/ Slide the GT-R than i do in the Rx-7 or Rx-8 (Ya I use an RX-8) I'm not the best drifter in the world, however i've become better and during the last drift event i scored higher in my GT-R than my friend did in his Fully tuned SLR Mclaren. WIth 4WD cars it takes more skill and a different suspention to make them go sideways.

With RWD cars THey are easier to tune however starting out they are unforgiving. I can drift a viper and a corvette, however when you spin out, you spin out. same thing with the 4wd cars however the wrong move and i go into a wall in a flat spin.

All i'm saying is that the arugement of whether 4wd "drifting" isnt really drifting, then explain how my friend who is a much better drifter than me, how did a GT-R (4WD) manage to place a full 6000 positions ahead of his SLR Mclaren? If being a 4wd drifter is noobish, how did i finish in 4000th odd position while he finished back in 10000th or so.

I know i'm going to make myself a target however lets just finish this arguement.

I don't belive this arument is about the seasonal event drifting but If It is shoot me in tha face In those events you can use a FF and score higher than Buick specials I belive the bicker backer back and forth battle is about are community. You know it really dont matter cause the 4wd drifters will never be able to pull as many teams nor events as rwd drifters anyways $wd drifters are Noobs in my book and that being said PEACE!

I respect your point of view in all of this and I will not rip your throat out for having an opinion. On the other hand, some people might.... Don't sleep tonight. Your post fuels their hate and you might wake up to find that your eyes are being stabbed to liquid by maveric. :P

I'll take that advice to heart, however it appears Drifting is like being under a dictator. you have to do this, you can't use this and you if have an opinion we will kick you and god forbid you speak against this phlosophy! It's okay to have an opinon and to disagree, however its not okay to tell people that its the worst thing you ever heard of.

Ohh i'm going to be shot down for this, I know that for a fact.

I'll take that advice to heart, however it appears Drifting is like being under a dictator. you have to do this, you can't use this and you if have an opinion we will kick you and god forbid you speak against this phlosophy!

I know, I know... Just do the Prince walk off like I am. Doing otherwise is just a waste of time because it's impossible to broaden their outlook even a little.

Yep i am done with this thread and this ignorant drama... Peace

Hell yes. Join the Prince walk off parade. All together now!

princewalkoff.gif

Ahh, but in that video the Impreza has no acceleration from the front wheels, therefore being RWD.
jrkiwiboy
The Impreza in the vid would have been RWD converted. I don't see why people argue that 4WD is SOOO good. It's good for a bit of fun by myself occasionally (I love the 400R) but I never use them against others
maveric25
Yes it's is an Impreza, a 100% RWD Impreza. :sly:

Note the word "modified" in his post. I guess he thought it was a little contradictory, ya know?

maveric25
Legit drifters vs Ken Block wannabes...

Don't even go there because you obviously have no idea what you're talking about. Also, if you're going to use a meme, use it right, just saying.

BolverkGTM
I know, I know... Just do the Prince walk off like I am. Doing otherwise is just a waste of time because it's impossible to broaden their outlook even a little.

Hell yes. Join the Prince walk off parade. All together now!

Yep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back