Why play fair?

• Thread starter Vin1021
  • 58 comments
I think its sad that so many under-achievers feel the only way to swing their virtual dongs is via hacking. Last week their was a "gamer" that posted a 33 sec time around Tsukuba with what appeared to be an old Panda. However under closer examination (watched replay) it was evident that we were looking at a Red bull car cloaked beneath the docile and seemingly slow Panda. As if this isn't bad enough when I pulled up the instrumentations I realized the car was hitting just under 300mph on the last straight before the finish line. Seeing as how this is not at all possible with ANY vehicle in the game one would have no choice but to conclude that there was more hacking than meets the eye. So, in effort to make a fool of this gentleman that appears to reside in Russia I took the RB car for a few hot laps around Tsukuba with the same settings. 29 secs.......4 SECONDS FASTER than the hacker in question. Bad enough he couldn't compete without cheating, he couldn't even post a decent time with the car that had over double the PP's that were allowed. :-( That's just pathetic! Forgive me for saying so but these kind of participants should be banned from any online play. Identifying them by their IP address. So there will be no getting around the rules that EVERYONE should have to adhere to. It's sad that it's gotten to this point but the only alternative I see is to start making everyone use the same car, settings, tires, etc... This is how they do it on Top Gear. I say it's a great idea. Just as Sebastion V. was told when he was tossed the keys to the Top Gear "race car" after asking if he could adjust tire pressure. "Nope, just get in it and drive." I think that for the most part people are respectful of these rules set in place but there always has to be those few A-holes that quiver at the thought of NOT coming in 1st place. So they do what most sore losers do. Cheat of course. This entire generation thinks like this and it's sad. This is exactly why todays youth is sooooo lazy! I say this from a statistical point of view. I know there are some young men and women out there today that know what it means to work hard for what they want. But there also those out there that couldn't go 5 minutes without referring to a smart phone or some type of technology.

Wow, the only thing you just proved is that you are a better cheater than he is. :rolleyes: Does that make you feel good about yourself? That is what is wrong with the leaderboards, one person does it, then the rest have to follow, like little sheep. Be a man, take the high road, and just ignore the cheaters, no need to prove anything as there is nothing to prove, nothing good anyway. So, put your virtual dong away and just run the TT's how they are meant to be ran, without hacked cars and all the cheating.

EDIT: Also, you should be banned right along with him as what you did is no different than what he did, no matter how you try to justify it. The only thing you did was make yourself look as foolish as he is.

Last edited:
Wow, the only thing you just proved is that you are a better cheater than he is. :rolleyes: Does that make you feel good about yourself? That is what is wrong with the leaderboards, one person does it, then the rest have to follow, like little sheep. Be a man, take the high road, and just ignore the cheaters, no need to prove anything as there is nothing to prove, nothing good anyway. So, put your virtual dong away and just run the TT's how they are meant to be ran, without hacked cars and all the cheating.

EDIT: Also, you should be banned right along with him as what you did is no different than what he did, no matter how you try to justify it. The only thing you did was make yourself look as foolish as he is.

Why should he be banned? He did nothing. He just went into practice mode and did a few laps on his own.(unless I misread)

Ya wanna know something ?

If you played with trusted reliable online friends (non-hackers), you would not be encountering this problem. 💡

Why should he be banned? He did nothing. He just went into practice mode and did a few laps on his own.(unless I misread)

I did not see anything about him doing this in practice mode.

From his post:
" So, in effort to make a fool of this gentleman that appears to reside in Russia I took the RB car for a few hot laps around Tsukuba with the same settings. 29 secs.......4 SECONDS FASTER than the hacker in question."

The leaderboards have been wiped once already but I do recall seeing it up there before the wipe.

If you say so.(I don't check the boards often so I wouldn't know.). Mabey the OP can clear this up?

You take this game too seriously.

Or people could stop being morons and use hybrids for their own personal rooms and NOT on the freakin' TTs. Hybrids are perfectly fine, it's the people that use them to cheat that are the problem.

I think it's pretty funny that you missed the point of his post. You pretty much agreed with him for crying out loud.

I think it's pretty funny that you missed the point of his post. You pretty much agreed with him for crying out loud.

I'm missing the point of yours too apparently. He commented that I take the game too seriously because of comments I made regarding cheaters. I then posted asking him why he thinks I take the game too seriously just because I don't cheat or like people that do. How is that agreeing with him? I fail to see the point in your post. He is right though, I do take the game seriously when it comes to cheating in online events. If that's your point...so what.

On the plus side they didn't use ABS.

The Opening post is fine. I don't have much idea on how much potential a "hack-o-matic" hybrid car has. In a way it doesn't surprise me that a cheat isn't as fast as a "pureblood" player.

If this cheater had any pride, he (she) would at least set a good time in his(her) Panda/Newey Sucker fan car hybrid.

Back in the day people used to cheat properly. Come back Flavio!

Last edited:
I'm missing the point of yours too apparently. He commented that I take the game too seriously because of comments I made regarding cheaters. I then posted asking him why he thinks I take the game too seriously just because I don't cheat or like people that do. How is that agreeing with him? I fail to see the point in your post. He is right though, I do take the game seriously when it comes to cheating in online events. If that's your point...so what.

Oh I apologize, I was referring to your first post in the thread, which was responding to the OP.

Oh I apologize, I was referring to your first post in the thread, which was responding to the OP.

Yes, I was basically responding to what he wrote here: "So, in effort to make a fool of this gentleman that appears to reside in Russia I took the RB car for a few hot laps around Tsukuba with the same settings. 29 secs.......4 SECONDS FASTER than the hacker in question."

It seems as though he did the same thing as the person he was talking about, cheated just to prove a point....that he was faster in the hacked car than the original guy. That's what I was on about. The rest of his post I do agree with. Understand now?

He said he jumped in a Red bull car, nothing says he made himself a Panda with an X1 chassis and other characteristics. Then again, nothing says he didn't. You're pulling this claim that he cheated out of no where.

He said he jumped in a Red bull car, nothing says he made himself a Panda with an X1 chassis and other characteristics. Then again, nothing says he didn't. You're pulling this claim that he cheated out of no where.

No, no I'm not but whatever you wanna think. I don't have the time or inkling to carry this on with you. Go find someone else to pick a fight with if that's what you feel like doing....I've got better things to do. Later.

Our friends at Sony (and/or PD) just don't penalize cheating hard enough. From what I have gathered IF (and that's a very big if) someone gets banned only their PSN ID gets banned. It's way too easy to just make a new account. Sony should instead just ban their consoles from ever connecting to PSN again, no matter the account used.

I don't get these cheaters anyway... I can't imagine any one of them seeing themselves as a winner? I guess they just do it to ruin the game for others. Idiots.

The next step to hacking the car would be hacking the server and directly adding your 'time' to the leader board.

So we'd could do all the TTs in 0.001s. Waste of time? Certainly, but the logical final step in hacking.

Ban the morons, before they do this.

1. He didn't say he did the laps in the time trial. Most likely, he did them in practice mode.

2. I'm getting more and more positive to the idea of putting a self-destruct device in each PS3 that can be triggered by Sony when they discover cheaters. That would probably be the only thing that works. Sadly, I don't think it would be legal...

Maybe they should make a "hacking" TT

That actually brings a valid point up. Since hacking/cheating/poor losing is all wrapped into one online, PD should maybe make separate TT/Drift room for hacking only. Keep them out of legit comps and give them their own "legit" Comp.

Hacking unfortunately is not going to end, nor is cheating. It is quite a shame really. Socom got ruined to me because of hackers and cheats. Not to mention the company behind the game could never reproduce a game as good as the 2nd one.

to the OP - I think a lot of the bickering in this thread could have been avoided if you stated what you saw, what you did, and how you did it in a clear concise manner. a little spacing would help too. I'm not trying to be nit picky or tell you how to post, but I feel 2/3 of this thread would not have happened if you expressed it a little more clearly.

Why? I'm not smart enough to cheat, so I've been doing the TTs the hard way -- because I'm stupid. Cheaters are clearly smarter and better and faster and more skillful and handsome. Being legit is lame. Who cares if your results are tainted so long as you're winning?

Why? I'm not smart enough to cheat, so I've been doing the TTs the hard way -- because I'm stupid. Cheaters are clearly smarter and better and faster and more skillful and handsome. Being legit is lame. Who cares if your results are tainted so long as you're winning?

If winning is the only thing important to you that's a great philosophy. Won't get you far in life, probably to jail, but if it works for you, great:tup:👍

All PD has to do to eliminate unfair hybriding in TT's and online, is add an HP filter to the PP filter, or a PP filter to the HP/Weight filters. Such an easy solution.

If winning is the only thing important to you that's a great philosophy. Won't get you far in life, probably to jail, but if it works for you, great:tup:👍

All PD has to do to eliminate unfair hybriding in TT's and online, is add an HP filter to the PP filter, or a PP filter to the HP/Weight filters. Such an easy solution.

Isn't it, though? More people should do it, then they can be smarter and better and faster and more skillful and handsome, too! Or... PD could have just dropped the ban hammer on cheaters with extreme prejudice -- like they should have from the start -- and been done with it. While I understand than GT5 is old news and that we'll soon be gearing up for GT6, this has all gone on for far too long.

Any game with an online component should be free from and form of cheating. Period. I'm not the fastest guy out there. No, I'm rather slow. But... I'd rather know I'm slow on a level and fair playing field than wonder if I'm slow because someone may or may not be cheating. There seem to be many players that feel the same, but there are far too many who just plain don't care, because there have been no serious consequences. It's not like they face the risk of losing millions of dollars in sponsorship deals, public shaming, or a punch in the face from a disgruntled competitor.

1. He didn't say he did the laps in the time trial. Most likely, he did them in practice mode.

2. I'm getting more and more positive to the idea of putting a self-destruct device in each PS3 that can be triggered by Sony when they discover cheaters. That would probably be the only thing that works. Sadly, I don't think it would be legal...

If that's the case, then I sincerely apologize to the OP. But that's not how I understood it. The way I understood the post is he did exactly as the guy in question did just to prove a point that he could go faster in the same hacked car in the TT. He made no mention of doing it in practice mode or any other thing to lead me to believe he did it in anything other than the TT. I also did not understand what he meant by RB, as I am somewhat unfamiliar with some abbreviations in this game. If he would have made things a little more clearer, then maybe I would have understood better as to what he actually did. So, once again, I offer my apologies to the OP if I misunderstood his post and what he actually did. I am sorry.

Back