Why the Buick hate?

  • Thread starter Thread starter White & Nerdy
  • 27 comments
  • 2,506 views
Messages
4,198
United States
Wasilla, AK
Whenever I see someone talking about the Buick Special it's always in a negative sense, as if trying to drive it is something to be ashamed of.

I loved this car in GT4, so why does everyone not like it now?
 
Does it matter? If you like it, drive it. If you don't like it, don't drive it. The same goes for every car. Why are you getting caught up in what others think? Just play the game and have fun.
 
The Special was one of my go-to's toward the beginning of the game until I got cash. Nice car!
 
Does it matter? If you like it, drive it. If you don't like it, don't drive it. The same goes for every car. Why are you getting caught up in what others think? Just play the game and have fun.

This!

Who cares what other people think?
 
The Buick Special is widely used in the drift trials. Is it a popular drift car? Because I never see people use it for drifting online.
 
Does it matter? If you like it, drive it. If you don't like it, don't drive it. The same goes for every car. Why are you getting caught up in what others think? Just play the game and have fun.

Thank you, I couldn't have said it better myself ViLLaiN. Is responder A going to race the car? Is responder B going to pay for it. Just buy, or don't. Either way, it's your game. I have spent a good amount of money on cars I didn't like. I didn't even have to mortgage the house for them. In fact, I had to do was try to stay awake through 5 Indy races, and, boom, I had my money back.

If you won it from a championship, and you don't like it. Give to the Skyline Gods. If you do like it, race it against the Skyline Gods.
 
Last edited:
Some of the "hate" Comes from i guess, No one want to share there awsome drift settings 2 this car cuse every ones say its top secret!:D But i love the car just hard to find settings 2:)


Btw someone who actely have a awsome drift setup 2 it... PM ME PLZ!!!!
 
I like the Special really much. Just looks so nice. Also the GNX I find really interesting. Yepp, I´m okay with Buicks. Do you like me now? :)
 
The Buick Special is a great car. Absolutely love the look of it and it's not the worst car performance wise considering when it was built.
 
The Buick Special is a great car. Absolutely love the look of it and it's not the worst car performance wise considering when it was built.

Absolutely not. In the right hands it´s capable of killing quite a few supersports. Having a look in the below link, you´ll see that this car may not been built back in ´62. Seems to being custom built from ground..

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=126819
 
Didn't think it was built back in 1962 as it is a bit to good for a car made in those years.

Ah, ok. Might been built somewhere after the 2000´s but even that´s about ten years ago.
 
Ah, ok. Might been built somewhere after the 2000´s but even that´s about ten years ago.

To be honest I would have to say it's a good car even if it was just made in 2010. It's still a great car no matter when it was made.
 
Some of the "hate" Comes from i guess, No one want to share there awsome drift settings 2 this car cuse every ones say its top secret!:D But i love the car just hard to find settings 2:)


Btw someone who actely have a awsome drift setup 2 it... PM ME PLZ!!!!

You can try these, works good for me. I´m currently in 17th place on Tokyo R246

Buick Special '62 Drift settings
 
Does it matter? If you like it, drive it. If you don't like it, don't drive it. The same goes for every car. Why are you getting caught up in what others think? Just play the game and have fun.

This!

Who cares what other people think?

You may find this hard to believe, but maybe TS is actually curious of why people don't like it.
Comments like "who cares" don't help much, as TS obviously cares :banghead:
 
apparently people hate it when they dont know how to drive it.

i think its an awesome car.
 
The Special was one of my favourite cars in GT4. I think it's just as enjoyable to drive in GT5, I definitely don't hate the car.
 
It's a nice car, with surprising levels of performance. The looks are... an acquired taste. The people who hate this car probably either gave it maximum horsepower and couldn't drive it properly, or raced against a competent driver who used one and got their butt kicked.
 
so why does everyone not like it now?
Veyron disease? People win a fast prize car early in the game, take it online, bash into everybody because they have more car than they can control and the result is more experienced racers learn to dread the very sight of it.

I entered a room, watched the last few laps of a race last night and this is the impression I got as people discussed the "Special" driver.
 
Love the car, just wish it was actually a 1962 for some of the classic races... but that's my only complaint about it :)
 
I don't have any words of wisdom as to why people don't like it, but I have a few positives. It is good in a straight line and can take curves pretty good for a big car, and I absolutely love the Procharger whistle on start up, idling, and driving slow. It sounds pretty good for a V8 in a GT game (most V8's in GT games don't sound great). It has a nice choppy idle and whistle, and I don't even have to drive it to enjoy it, as I can just sit there and listen to it, and enjoy it LOL.
 
Buick Special is mad pimpin'.

That's what the designers of this car set out to accomplish, and they have accomplished it...Like a boss.
 
Very fast till you want to like, ah, STOP, TURN, like that. Veyronlike, only moreso. The tank car can take a turn better.
 
Last edited:
I see the Buick in the seasonal drift boards a lot so maybe people don't like it because it is so commonly used?
By far my favourite drift car is the Art Morrison Corvette but I did try the Buick recently and after some tinkering I quickly smashed my Suzuka East high score. I was happy to get a new top score but a little bummed for the Corvette.
 
The Buick isnt even very good for "drifing" in general its just good for the drift trials because it has alot of power and once you get the tires spinning they dont stop easy so you can drift very long.

Almost every tune on this site is just plain bad and most people have no clue what they are doing so I wouldnt trust any specific tune off of here.
 
The Buick isnt even very good for "drifing" in general

its just good for the drift trials because it has alot of power and once you get the tires spinning they dont stop easy so you can drift very long.

What?
That made no sense at all.

Heavy car, lots of power, rear wheel drive. That's pretty much a setup for success when drifting.

I love the car, I just wish you could repaint it and put some cool rims on it. Just think, reflex purple with gold trim and gold rims... Pimpmobile. :D
 
Back