Why the long face batman?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Nish
  • 54 comments
  • 5,935 views
Either way you look at it Sony and PD are feeling the pain as well as the consumer. Think about all the sales they will lose from casual gamers who just want a fun racing game, and will purchase Need for Speed: Hot pursuit or some other racing game. Or the parent who will be buying it for their kid who will say the hell with it and buy any racing game in the store not really understanding the difference in the game racing genre. Bottom line, if its release pre-Christmas.Sony sales will be as expected, post-Christmas they are going to lose millions in sales. The game will still do well whenever its released, but I think that will be due to the hardcore GT fans.
 
SONY won't actually lose millions in sales, but they will be delayed to some point. Just like the February release of GT4 in North America, SONY weighed the options and decided they were okay with that kind of post-holiday delay. Of course, back then they were ruling the console world, so this may be a completely different situation and an earlier release date. *crosses fingers*

Keep in mind that they aren't holding the release date back from us because they're meanies. They just don't know for sure yet. Something is needing work done on it, and we'll know when the time is ripe. I know it kind of blows for some of you, but you really need something more than GT5 to occupy your lives until it pops. It's not good to obsess on one thing, even over something as glorious as GT5. ;) Life for most of us is still great, enjoy it.
 
batman%27s+parents+are+dead.jpg


This is the correct answer, no?

^HAHAHAHAH classic.
 
It seem's like alot of people are still mad at PD and even more at Mr. Yamauchi. Yet hardly anybody looks toward Sony about our much awaited new release date.

If it wasn't for Kaz, we wouldn't have to worry about a new date. WHy blame sony at all? They did nothing wrong as far as I can see, they're just kind of screwed now cause they have to fix what PD broke.
I also don't see why PD and sony are being "split up". PD is an in house developer, Kaz is a sony exec.
 
Snipping selected parts of Yamauchi's comments from a gameshow and inserting your own lies outside of the quote marks to give his words a completely different meaning, does not make an article any less deceitful.

Yamauchi made these comments at TGS and they had nothing to do with the delay.

Whoa. I didn't write the article. I didn't add anything. I just copied and pasted. I posted the link with it.
 
Last edited:
Keep in mind that they aren't holding the release date back from us because they're meanies. They just don't know for sure yet. Something is needing work done on it, and we'll know when the time is ripe. I know it kind of blows for some of you, but you really need something more than GT5 to occupy your lives until it pops. It's not good to obsess on one thing, even over something as glorious as GT5. ;) Life for most of us is still great, enjoy it.

Huge post, but some serious food for thought.

I agree with Ten D completely. That's exactly what many of us are forgetting. People think that Kaz/PD is delaying and holding out GT5 for 5 years because they feel like it. Honestly, the PD team is probably the hardest working development team in the world and yet are always constantly being bashed for being incompetent, lazy, slackers, horrible time management, and all sorts of crazy reasons the public uses to justify why the game's taking so long. Sadly, we don't realize that PD team is already working non-stop around the hour to get this game out as soon as possible.

How would you feel if you were Kaz and have put almost half your life living at the office to make the best racing games in history and all you see are complaints about why the latest version still isn't out? Then you see some more rage posts and whiners on the internet saying you're horrible at time management, slacking at car events and should be working on the game constantly until it's done?

Honestly, I would be quite discouraged and demotivated and would literally stop creating anymore new games afterward. Thankfully, Kaz's got some mighty EQ and somehow handles all this negative criticism and decides to create GT6 without taking a break after GT5. That's some major dedication, and I seriously admire Kaz for this. 👍

Seriously guys, we take it for granted like Kaz/PD owes us a mind-blowing racing game every few years. The guy's already living at the office for the majority of his life to give us a game. What more can you ask for?

So PD/Kaz, if you're reading this, 👍👍👍 (3 thumbs up) to you and the team for making the greatest racing franchise in history and know that we still appreciate all the hard work you guys have gone through for so many years. Without you or your awesome team, the GT dream would not have been possible!
 
Balls, even Kaz said in his twitter somebody just posted that it is inexcusable who are we to argue.

Edit. Not a twit that Kaz just posted but a member just posted one up at my request. It was posted just after the recent delay.
 
You mean the one with the apology? He didn't say the delay was inexcusable. All he said on the twitter was sorry, and that the delay was because of the complex system and it's taking time.

"延期しちゃってごめん。複雑なシステムを落ち着かせるのに手間がかかったせいです。ほんとごめんね。みんな、すまない・・・。ちょっとまってて。"

"Sorry for the delay. It's because it took time to work out the complex system. I'm really sorry. Everyone, my apologies. Wait a bit longer."

I can see where the confusion with すまない being translated into "inexcusable" by those online translators. Not claiming to be a pro at Japanese, but すまない (sumanai) is the casual/informal form of すみません (sumimasen), which simply means "Excuse me" or "I'm sorry." And the below link explains what I'm saying in a much detailed fashion. So no...Kaz never said the delay was inexcusable.

Link: http://www.yesjapan.com/YJ6/question/1357/when_do_you_use_sumanai_sorry
 
How would you feel if you were Kaz and have put almost half your life living at the office to make the best racing games in history and all you see are complaints about why the latest version still isn't out? Then you see some more rage posts and whiners on the internet saying you're horrible at time management, slacking at car events and should be working on the game constantly until it's done?

I'd hop in my GT-R... or my Ford GT... or my 911 GT3... or my S2000. Maybe I'd fly out to some car show.

I'm not going to feel sorry for Kaz, because while he's undoubtedly invested a lot of time, there are definite perks to his position. And I don't think it's unreasonable to expect him to do his job with a game he started saying would be released over 2 years ago. I don't believe PD is somehow harder working than a bunch of other development houses out there, either.

...what exactly is the point of this thread?
 
I am not angry with Polyphony Digital, Kaz, Sony, or anybody else. Yes, I want the game. I want it really bad, actually. But I don't feel like I am owed anything from anyone. I don't understand the sense of entitlement some people have like Kaz lied to the personally and owes them an apology. They will announce a release date when they are ready. I think some of the anger people have you would think they paid for a product that never arrived and PD closed up their offices and can't be found. Kaz didn't say "Hey everyone, take off a week of work to my game the first week of November." I don't understand that especially. People took a risk buy taking vacation or putting their faith in PD to release it Nov 2nd. PD didn't lie to us, they gave us a release date they thought they could keep and when they realized they couldn't they told us it was delayed. That is being honest in book. I am so excited for this game, but I understand delays and that it takes time to release a product. So I will play it whenever they say it's ready.
 
I'm starting to question the goal of this thread know,points nowhere.

ちょっとまって、わかりません。。。:dopey:
 
Snipping selected parts of Yamauchi's comments from a gameshow and inserting your own lies outside of the quote marks to give his words a completely different meaning, does not make an article any less deceitful.

Yamauchi made these comments at TGS and they had nothing to do with the delay.

But this has:

"Apologies for the delay," Yamauchi tweeted. "It's because time and labor were spent ironing the kinks out of [the game's] complex system. I'm really sorry. Everyone, it's inexcusable... Wait a little longer."

http://kotaku.com/5663493/gran-turismo-creator-explains-delay

http://twitter.com/Kaz_Yamauchi
 
That "complex system" could have ment anything, the new firmware, physics system or maybe even a bathroom door.

I made this thread to vent on the subject of still not having a release date and people putting it on PD. There is no question in my mind that they were late getting it to Sony, I don't even care why it was delayed too much but I do feel a little sour over still not having a new date or any news on the subject at all.
 
http://www.denofgeek.com/games/639481/gran_turismo_5_delay_framerates_a_major_issue.html


While we still haven’t had a definite release date, Polyphony’s Kazunori Yamauchi has “begged forgiveness” for GT5’s delay, and has revealed that the cause for the postponement has something to do with his insistence on a smooth 60fps frame-rate – it is, he said, “a major issue”.

"Our engineers complain every day: 'Isn't it enough that it's in 1080p? Does it have to be 60fps too?'” Yamauchi said in a new story over on CVG. “But I think 60fps is very important, so we're working towards perfecting that. There might be times when you have a certain combination of conditions that come together - especially with the weather effects - [when] the game might briefly drop from 60fps, and for that I beg your forgiveness!”

Wish people would stop quoting rubbish like this. He never said any of this in relation to the delay. His begging for forgiveness comment was made in relation to the frame rate dropping, the interview was done before the delay.
 
"the drought, that's when the killers come out."- lil wayne.

There's indeed a drought of information, still, in GT5! October ends tomorrow, yet no concrete release date...I'm about to kill somebody! (jk)

At least give us a full track and/or car list!

Give the people what they want already! Yes GT5 is great we're all gonna buy it, no need to hide anything from us , just give us full disclosure and let us fantasize in peace at last!

lol...maybe I'm going too far with this :)

Ps: the blame is definitely on Sony execs, not PD. It's a commercial decision, imo. Kaz has always claimed that the game was theoretically finished and the release was handled by Sony people.
 
I don't believe PD is somehow harder working than a bunch of other development houses out there, either.
I'm not sure I've ever seen any evidence that any game company works as hard on their games as Polyphony does. The fact that more than one hundred people agree to basically enslave themselves to their work for years now amazes me.

A European journalist who managed to become friends with Kazunori, named Xavier Ocampo, refers to Kaz as Sensei, and has given him this title because he's never seen a man who is as capable and knowledgeable about cars and racing in the gaming world, or as dedicated or hard working in his field. He's the only guy I know who's in the gaming news biz who has spent time with the man and even ate dinners with him.

Some people don't see anything special in Kazunori or his team, or the work they produce. Oh well.
 
I'm not sure I've ever seen any evidence that any game company works as hard on their games as Polyphony does. The fact that more than one hundred people agree to basically enslave themselves to their work for years now amazes me.

I've been in employment for 24 years. Do I get a chocolate star.
Rockstar are very hardworking company and harmonix too. Many others out there. Doesn't mean the longer you take on one project the harder you work.
Normally when they Finish one project they move on to others.

Oh and surgeons are quite good too.
 
Yeah, I wasn't aware of Kaz' tweets til recently Zlimnes. Even so, the quotes used in that article are lifted from an interview before the delay: Kaz said the framerate may drop in some situations but he wasn't talking about a delay. Much more recently he's tweeted that they are ironing out kinks, and this is the reason for the delay.

The "denofgeek" thing grinds my gears because it's been put together with no references to the source of information (I wonder why), to form a mistruth. SO much gaming journalism is just complete garbage.
 
I've been in employment for 24 years. Do I get a chocolate star.
Gee... you're right. I guess everyone should be a zillionaire because we're all the same. ;)
 
I'm not sure I've ever seen any evidence that any game company works as hard on their games as Polyphony does. The fact that more than one hundred people agree to basically enslave themselves to their work for years now amazes me.

I'm not sure I've ever seen any evidence that any game company works less hard on their games than Polyphony does, either.

Spag-man brought up two good ones: Rockstar and Harmonix. The latter's specific genre enables them to release pretty quickly, but then again, a music game is conceptually very similar to a racing game; neither one can ever be "complete", per se, as more cars or tracks (of the asphalt or note variety) can be added. Kojima studios are also an easy example.

I'm not going to let my appreciation for a game series provide me with rose-tinted glasses. There are a ton of games out there that have hard working people behind them.
 
Plus if your an independent worker looking to get into a programming job, working for another company brings deadlines.

I think working for PD is probably the best of the lot.
Longterm work.
No deadlines.
I bet their queuing round the block if a job comes up there.
 
Kojima studios are also an easy example.
This, I would agree with. I forgot how insanely involved the Mastermind is, and how his visions infect his team.
 
That "complex system" could have ment anything, the new firmware, physics system or maybe even a bathroom door.

I made this thread to vent on the subject of still not having a release date and people putting it on PD. There is no question in my mind that they were late getting it to Sony, I don't even care why it was delayed too much but I do feel a little sour over still not having a new date or any news on the subject at all.

Agreed. None of us know what he means by complex system, you can only speculate. People just believe the first thing that comes out of their mouth when they think of what that means...........
 
In my opinion, It's more of a console game than a counsel one. I also think that they got all that money and more from Prologue, so I think its basically just become Kaz's pass time to add stuff to GT5, and hes forgotten that it's actually a game that millions of people have pre-ordered and is waiting to be released. Basically what is saying is summed up quite well in this video:
nluvu.gif

By the way, who is batman, and what is the point of this thread?

👍
 
Back