Why the long face batman?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Nish
  • 54 comments
  • 5,935 views
Messages
1,398
Canada
Windsor, Ont
Messages
GamingWithNish
It seem's like alot of people are still mad at PD and even more at Mr. Yamauchi. Yet hardly anybody looks toward Sony about our much awaited new release date. It has been stated since just about the beginning of this delay that the game is completed and was just three day's late. Meaning anything that happens from here on out is on Sony. I'm sure Kazunori and staff are awaiting the release just as much as the rest of us are, they want some feedback don't you think? No sense in making a world beating counsel race simulator if you don't get the satisfaction of releasing it. Especially with how much it cost to create, trust me they want to get some of that back as soon as possible.

More that's falling on PD is the intro to the NA based game. MCR is not Kaz's or PD's choice it's all on Sony and albeit it will work as their choice to get more MCR records out the door upon it's release.

I understand all the anger and frustration but if your going to throw punches at least hit the right target.
 
People like to riot for no particular reason. One person blamed the wrong group of people, then people joined the bandwagon.
 
If Big Bird was at all mentioned during the development of this game, someone would be looking to hang him. People just point the blame at the origin, and that's it. Noone here knows the true facts, so why point the finger at all? Everyone here has their panties in a big hairy knot.......
 
Yes I know but it get's annoying really quick. This thread won't last long but I know I feel better now. Maybe people who don't know will read old articles and/or the read all delay fact's that we have so far (as they are in the new's section, so not buried in thousands of post's). Who am I kinding somebody is probably reading about the delay right now as I press x on (T)his letter and ready to begin thier own rant.

@Falango Yea that's very true I fell flat on my face at the first sight of the delay. We don't know if we have heard the whole truth but with the "fact's" we do have it say's the game is currently in Sony's court/field/rink/or hands while it's only in our mind's
 
Last edited:
http://www.denofgeek.com/games/639481/gran_turismo_5_delay_framerates_a_major_issue.html


While we still haven’t had a definite release date, Polyphony’s Kazunori Yamauchi has “begged forgiveness” for GT5’s delay, and has revealed that the cause for the postponement has something to do with his insistence on a smooth 60fps frame-rate – it is, he said, “a major issue”.

"Our engineers complain every day: 'Isn't it enough that it's in 1080p? Does it have to be 60fps too?'” Yamauchi said in a new story over on CVG. “But I think 60fps is very important, so we're working towards perfecting that. There might be times when you have a certain combination of conditions that come together - especially with the weather effects - [when] the game might briefly drop from 60fps, and for that I beg your forgiveness!”
 
Last edited:
The site you linked to didn't have a delay statement by Kazunori just "I beg for your forgiveness" and then thier input.

I can do that too.
 
Then it looks like we don't know why the game was delayed and this thread is a dead end. All the more reason to be upset. I wish they, sony or PD or whoever, were more upfront with us.
 
I can't believe that 60 fps story. Yes what he has said about it being an issue, and striving for 60fps all the time is probably true, but I think the editor is trying to twine that into the delay to make it sound like the issue. That story is the only lead towards 60fps being the delay culprit. There's lots of other leads going towards the firmware, which is far more believable and makes more sense.
 
Then it looks like we don't know why the game was delayed and this thread is a dead end. All the more reason to be upset. I wish they, sony or PD or whoever, was more upfront with us.

That's the point. Noone knows the real reason, so people need to stop pointing fingers and just chill. It's just a game people. I was upset over the delay too, but people continue to drag it out.
 
If things don't get resolved, they drag out. That's why we complain.

If a house is burning, I will shout "put it out" until it's put out.
 
I agree it is a dead end I was going toward's what we do know and was just trying to vent. Hardly any post's were being put up which got my mind going.
 
We complain because patience and understanding have mostly vanished from the human psyche. Oh yeah, maturity too.
 
Venting is something I've been trying to do until we get a date. I can't check this site every day and come up empty (in terms of a date), it's too frustrating.

Teanacious, this game has been expected for release for a very long time. A 2010 release, at some points during the wait, would have seemed absurd but now look at it. Hope for 2010.
 
In my opinion, It's more of a console game than a counsel one. I also think that they got all that money and more from Prologue, so I think its basically just become Kaz's pass time to add stuff to GT5, and hes forgotten that it's actually a game that millions of people have pre-ordered and is waiting to be released. Basically what is saying is summed up quite well in this video:
nluvu.gif

By the way, who is batman, and what is the point of this thread?
 
Nothing been officially announced and we will never know the truth anyhow.

I think people are getting angry because they think they'll hear the release date this week.
Members are even giving out personal attacks on other members here for gods sake.
 
I agree that the mood here has changed, and a lot. Mine has. I wish I wasn't angry. I liked being excited for the game. It was nice to think about how many days were left, how many school days. But i think that being in limbo is worse than having to confront a long wait. And, in the end, i still think we'll get both.

I joined on October 13, just hours before the delay. I was in a good mood then, for a few hours.
 
Last edited:
Agreed I joined not too long before the delay also. I just got caught up with all the finger pointing and decided to do my own on how I feel on the subject. I disapprove with hijacking a other person's thread to state my opinions so I decided to make one myself to try to vent and voice my thought's.
 
Teanacious, this game has been expected for release for a very long time. A 2010 release, at some points during the wait, would have seemed absurd but now look at it. Hope for 2010.
"Absurd" is certainly in the eyes of the beholder. ;)

Every other racing game I'm looking at, other than Forza 3, is much smaller, much less involved with all the elements of real world racing, fewer cars and tracks, less interesting things to explore and do. And Forza 3... well, yeah, it's still smaller.

How long does an epic product take? Peter Gabriel can be seven years between albums. Considering that we're getting in GT5 what it would normally take a game company to do in five or seven separate games, and those take a year or two to make, and are way smaller... maybe I see things a little differently than some of you guys. Maybe I understand a little more. Hey, I'm older, I watch C-Span. I have some idea of how things work in the real world, versus the internet playground where opinions are flipped from the tops of heads like pancakes.

Getting angry over yet another setback, while understandable, isn't really too mature or understanding. And certainly not wallowing in it. We'll know soon when GT5 will come out. And this time we know it's SONY and not Kaz that's the reason for the delay. Or maybe it's hackers...
 
http://www.denofgeek.com/games/639481/gran_turismo_5_delay_framerates_a_major_issue.html


While we still haven’t had a definite release date, Polyphony’s Kazunori Yamauchi has “begged forgiveness” for GT5’s delay, and has revealed that the cause for the postponement has something to do with his insistence on a smooth 60fps frame-rate – it is, he said, “a major issue”.

"Our engineers complain every day: 'Isn't it enough that it's in 1080p? Does it have to be 60fps too?'” Yamauchi said in a new story over on CVG. “But I think 60fps is very important, so we're working towards perfecting that. There might be times when you have a certain combination of conditions that come together - especially with the weather effects - [when] the game might briefly drop from 60fps, and for that I beg your forgiveness!”

What a load of crock!

Kaz made those statements in a joking manner at closed door breakout session with selected media at TGS. The people present even laughed along with it. Tone of delivery and meaning goes a long way.....

In any case that was not the correct translation of what Kaz originally said.
 
D how do we know it's Sony this time. I'm totally lost in all this.
 
http://www.denofgeek.com/games/639481/gran_turismo_5_delay_framerates_a_major_issue.html


While we still haven’t had a definite release date, Polyphony’s Kazunori Yamauchi has “begged forgiveness” for GT5’s delay, and has revealed that the cause for the postponement has something to do with his insistence on a smooth 60fps frame-rate – it is, he said, “a major issue”.

"Our engineers complain every day: 'Isn't it enough that it's in 1080p? Does it have to be 60fps too?'” Yamauchi said in a new story over on CVG. “But I think 60fps is very important, so we're working towards perfecting that. There might be times when you have a certain combination of conditions that come together - especially with the weather effects - [when] the game might briefly drop from 60fps, and for that I beg your forgiveness!”

Snipping selected parts of Yamauchi's comments from a gameshow and inserting your own lies outside of the quote marks to give his words a completely different meaning, does not make an article any less deceitful.

Yamauchi made these comments at TGS and they had nothing to do with the delay.
 
Last edited:
It seem's like alot of people are still mad at PD and even more at Mr. Yamauchi. Yet hardly anybody looks toward Sony about our much awaited new release date. It has been stated since just about the beginning of this delay that the game is completed and was just three day's late.

So there's now the possibility that the game ccould be released on my birthday which is November 6, or just a day before it. Man, that would be sweet!
 
D how do we know it's Sony this time. I'm totally lost in all this.
Well, that's true. But the speculation pieced together from several disparate sources of info suggests that SONY ordered GT5 final code to be re-specced to a new SDK/OS build. Prior to that, we had word that hackers had cracked some aspect of the PS3/Blu-ray. The threat of piracy was obvious. SONY really needs the money, because they aren't rolling in it like a certain monopoly.

Many of us concluded in the Delay thread that it was because of the security issue, and I can certainly see SONY's point on that. Even 5% loss from game ripping and file sharing in the case of GT5 could be millions in the first year.
 
"Absurd" is certainly in the eyes of the beholder. ;)

Every other racing game I'm looking at, other than Forza 3, is much smaller, much less involved with all the elements of real world racing, fewer cars and tracks, less interesting things to explore and do. And Forza 3... well, yeah, it's still smaller.

How long does an epic product take? Peter Gabriel can be seven years between albums. Considering that we're getting in GT5 what it would normally take a game company to do in five or seven separate games, and those take a year or two to make, and are way smaller... maybe I see things a little differently than some of you guys. Maybe I understand a little more. Hey, I'm older, I watch C-Span. I have some idea of how things work in the real world, versus the internet playground where opinions are flipped from the tops of heads like pancakes.

Getting angry over yet another setback, while understandable, isn't really too mature or understanding. And certainly not wallowing in it. We'll know soon when GT5 will come out. And this time we know it's SONY and not Kaz that's the reason for the delay. Or maybe it's hackers...

Wise words in bold, sir.:)
 
I aint mad, I love that little man, Great works take time.

Hes pretty much been working non stop since '92, count all the idle time you have had since then....It's a childs lifetime.

He and PD pay the price for our entertainment, how many of you sleep over at the office?

So we have to wait a MONTH, buck up cowboy.

I think its a lesson we all need at this point in existence, to learn patience, waiting 5 years is nothing compared to some things, like waiting for Comets to appear, but people seem to patiently sit and wait for those because they know the wait is inevitable.

As with GT, we know about waiting, but in this microwave iphone instant download generation, maybe its not such a bad thing.
 
I think people are angry (myself included) no matter who is at fault. It really doesn't matter WHO is responsible, we just want to know WHEN it is coming out. The point that was made about the "being in limbo makes it worse" I beleive is spot on. It's like the Gulf oil spill. After months of oil spewing into the GUlf, should the # 1 priority be "Who is responsible for this?" No, the # 1 priority is FIX IT! Then we can worry about who is responsible. In either case, the party responsible has nothing to do with me, personally. Just their actions do. It doesn't matter if it is SONY or PD. I still can't play the game on Nov. 2. Defending either one or blaming either one is a waste of time, IMO. Until one steps up and admits their faults, its all speculation.
 
Back