Why the premium '99 Impreza rally car from GTHD isn't in GT6?

• Thread starter emula
  • 17 comments
Italy
Italy
258040-p06a_zps5e78e144.jpg

As much as my Subaru Fanboyism wants to come out and smash the like button, maybe this belongs in the Cars suggestion Sub-Forum.

Then again it could have its place here , in the sense of maybe it may give us some clarity to the standard >>> premium situation like maybe they've modeled all the cars already but the PS3 couldn't handle the power of having so much premiumness.

It's nice that you opened a thread about it here, it's not a huge thing but I've always liked this car and it's annoying having to play with the standard one knowing that there is a premium version somewhere in PD's archives.

What if there's actually many other cars that are premium but PD's reason for not putting them in is maybe because they're not happy with the overall quality of the models maybe? To me the Impreza RC looks great here though. Then again I can't argue with this because these dudes wouldn't put out something that's sub-standard.

What if there's actually many other cars that are premium but PD's reason for not putting them in is maybe because they're not happy with the overall quality of the models maybe? To me the Impreza RC looks great here though. Then again I can't argue with this because these dudes wouldn't put out something that's sub-standard.

I mean no disrespect TayeezSA, I love PD but to say they wouldn't put a highly detailed car into GT6 because "they're not happy with the overall quality of the model" is strange considering the number of very low quality sub-standard cars already present in GT6! :confused:

It is really baffling why this model hasn't been touched up and used in GT6 instead of the low quality one we have now, however I really doubt this is going to get an answer. :(

I mean no disrespect TayeezSA, I love PD but to say they wouldn't put a highly detailed car into GT6 because "they're not happy with the overall quality of the model" is strange considering the number of very low quality sub-standard cars already present in GT6! :confused:

It is really baffling why this model hasn't been touched up and used in GT6 instead of the low quality one we have now, however I really doubt this is going to get an answer. :(

None taken. One low quality sub-standard vehicle would be the Supra RZ, which actually shocked me. Which brings me to this question: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/cars-what-actually-goes-into-them.309352/

I suppose you could link the Impreza RC to that thread. I could understand if there were licencing issues or Legal Provisions because those are just a problem... I study law so I know it's a pain.

I don't see how this doesn't belong here, considering that the new NSX was shown to us a while back, as was the BRZ/86/FRS and yet these didn't make it to GT5 (NSX) DLC and the other was ready to go for some time after released as DLC. There are other cars too and this has gone on since GT HD as this thread high lights. We were never informed as to why the Mercedes Benz cars were cut from release car list for the game.

So I would like an answer to why this keeps happening and why PD hide it from their fan base. I doubt we'll get a concise answer but still, rather than going on and speculating I want to know why this car and others get tossed by the way side and the utter crap allowed in the game is to stay.

This is something that has been puzzling me for a while, I really find if baffling that we had a PS2 model impreza when PD already modeled this one back in 2006/2007. I mean, what's the point in modeling it if you're not going to use it?

I have a theory that PD may have lost the model somehow, but I also would find that theory of mine to be a silly one considering the amount of time PD says they take to create these.

Some answers please on this Kaz? I'd really love a GC8 Impreza, especially the Rally Car :(

I kinda doubt that this got lost though. I mean don't these guys back up their files?

That or are there more Premium cars that we don't know of?.... I feel scared now :scared:

There's no way PD would lose the car model as all they basically have to do is find someone who has GT:HD on their PS3 and take the data from it.

We also should've gotten the 2009 NASCAR cars and a Mini Cooper RM (and a Dome S102 although no one knows if it's premium or not).

Conversion factor. When you build a new kernel, sometimes things don't go together very well.

While I doubt that is ALL of the answer, at least it's one part.

It would seem the exterior is premium, but not the interior. Even so, it gives PD a good opportunity to get the car back and re-scan the interior.

GT5 and GT6 have been lacking any hardcore rally elements. GT4 had it all. The rally cars and the rally tracks. It might not have been proper point to point rallying, but man it was fun.

I can only hope GT7 has a greater emphasis on rallying. We need a whole section of the career mode dedicated to both track, and point to point rally events. One thing we need more than anything else however, is converting the majority of WRC, Group A and Group B rally cars to premium. This would be a good place to start PD.....

Check it lads, you can kill 2 birds with 1 stone on this car. Since PD have the exterior on point, they could have the Street 22B Impreza and Rally car just with differences being the liveries and interior. I wonder why they didn't do this with the Celica though.

Another thing I just thought of, how come we don't have Base models for Rally cars?
Rally in GT feels like it's taking the backseat now

Back