Why you dont use AWD cars, and tires above comfort hard to drift

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yay another thread for the 4wd kiddies to get on their keyboards again....

All I have to say if you want to use 4wd for your style of drifting, (Powersliding) in the correct term for 4wd. Then create your own lobbies for yourselves, don't join an actual drift room and go ballistic that we don't let you use your WRX's, Evo's and GTR's while running ridiculously grippy tyres etc....
You ruin the fun for our rooms plain and simple.

Also stop saying a 10/90 torque setup is rwd.
Gets slightly annoying having to see that spammed into the chat box or screamed over a mic repeatedly.

And saying that us using comfort hard means that we're 🤬 and we go to slow. Have you ever noticed the speed comparison compared to real life drifters on the D1 sections and us on GT while running comfort hards, I think you'll find that we are pretty dam close.

If you're using anything higher than comfort mediums/softs max. Then I think it's time you got out of your 900hp car. Also if you say they don't grip enough then stop limiter bashing the whole course...

Anyway wow just scrolled up that is a long post meh.

Can't wait to be spammed with absolute nonsense :D

Last edited:
upload_2014-1-4_13-40-54.jpeg

If this was some sort of competition or something, I wouldn't mind (although I prefer CS tires).

If this is was just a normal lobby, I find this to be completely pointless...

At the end of the day, people will drift what they want to drift. While there is general idea spread throughout the drift community of what drifting really is, others simply will never understand the concept.

Maybe this thread will help, and maybe it won't. All I know is that everyone has a set style of how they drift, and everyone is different. I personally don't support AWD drifting, and you will never find any in my lobbies, but as for others, I'd never try to force my own views and perspectives of it upon them, for they are not my concern.

All I have to say if you want to use 4wd for your style of drifting, (Powersliding) in the correct term for 4wd.

I was pretty sure this was already clarified for you by niky in the older thread. Yes, I read that.

Also stop saying a 10/90 torque setup is rwd.

In some/most cases, it feels just like a rear-wheel drive car. I see no problem with that.

Gets slightly annoying having to see that spammed into the chat box or screamed over a mic repeatedly.

You're grouping every 4WD drifter into the same crowd. We're not all the same. Shame on you.

And saying that us using comfort hard means that we're 🤬 and we go to slow. Have you ever noticed the speed comparison compared to real life drifters on the D1 sections and us on GT while running comfort hards, I think you'll find that we are pretty dam close.

Some people do drift pretty slow, to get the best angle of course. Not my cup of tea and I prefer to drift a little quickly.

If you're using anything higher than comfort mediums/softs max. Then I think it's time you got out of your 900hp car. Also if you say they don't grip enough then stop limiter bashing the whole course...

And again you group everyone who uses above comfort tires into the same crowd. Personally, I don't drift anything above 4-500 horsepower. And, limiter bashing?

Can't wait to be spammed with absolute nonsense :D

Don't post nonsense then.

I was pretty sure this was already clarified for you by niky in the older thread. Yes, I read that.

In some/most cases, it feels just like a rear-wheel drive car. I see no problem with that.

You're grouping every 4WD drifter into the same crowd. We're not all the same. Shame on you.

Some people do drift pretty slow, to get the best angle of course. Not my cup of tea and I prefer to drift a little quickly.

And again you group everyone who uses above comfort tires into the same crowd. Personally, I don't drift anything above 4-500 horsepower. And, limiter bashing?

Don't post nonsense then.

No 4wd car will ever handle like a rwd car while drifting or turning normally.

All 4wd sliders are the same.. You take corners terribly as stated earlier in the thread in a 'J' shape instead of hitting the clipping points.

You'll find that the people who drift slowly will have a ridiculous amount of rear camber to give less grip.

Limiter bashing is pretty self explanatory, flooring it through corners not letting the car to grip.
Hence 'limiter bashing' because that's all you're doing.

I personally don't support AWD drifting, and you will never find any in my lobbies, but as for others, I'd never try to force my own views and perspectives of it upon them, for they are not my concern.

I understand your decision to not support/allow AWD cars, but I respect you for not forcing your opinion on others.

Some have said a 10/90 split on the Honda Odyssey truly feels like RWD.

No 4wd car will ever handle like a rwd car while drifting or turning normally.

You have not either A) Experimented more/ the right cars, B) Tuned incorrectly, C) Fail to drift.

All 4wd sliders are the same.. You take corners terribly as stated earlier in the thread in a 'J' shape instead of hitting the clipping points.

Yet I can do exactly that. You using the poor drivers and possibly your own poor experience as what happens with all of them are terrible examples to base your opinions off of.

Limiter bashing is pretty self explanatory, flooring it through corners not letting the car to grip.
Hence 'limiter bashing' because that's all you're doing.

Ah, that's what I sort of though. However, that's not always the case. I'm beginning to believe you have very little experience in this.

Some have said a 10/90 split on the Honda Odyssey truly feels like RWD.

Yet again the Odyssey does something amazing, first matching cars in the 550 PP range, and drifting well? Nonsense. :P

You have not either A) Experimented more/ the right cars, B) Tuned incorrectly, C) Fail to drift.

Yet I can do exactly that. You using the poor drivers and possibly your own poor experience as what happens with all of them are terrible examples to base your opinions off of.

Ah, that's what I sort of though. However, that's not always the case. I'm beginning to believe you have very little experience in this.

Yet again the Odyssey does something amazing, first matching cars in the 550 PP range, and drifting well? Nonsense. :P

Little experience ??
Umm okay, sorry Ken...

So me doing that in real life doesn't mean anything but if I did it in the game instead I'd have proper knowledge of how a car behaves in certain conditions ?

So me doing that in real life doesn't mean anything but if I did it in the game instead I'd have proper knowledge of how a car behaves in certain conditions ?

Yes. Real life and GT are not that comparable. Though it was well known that GT is not as close to reality as some make it out to be.

However, doing such things in real life doesn't change how you feel about 4WD drifting, which is another part of this debate.

And I noticed your sneaky little edit.

Little experience ??
Umm okay, sorry Ken...

Ken Block? :lol: You guys bringing him into the 4WD drifting debacle all the time, he doesn't represent all of us you know. I really don't care about that guy and he definitely is no idol of mine.

I'll drift a friking Samba Bus to piss everyone on this thread off. Just you wait till I get my copy. Then I will subsequently drift a Lexus LFA on Racing Softs to give you all a heart attack, then I will burn a standard S14 to the ground while shooting an R32 Coupe skyline, and sing the camptown ladies song out loud while dancing on top of my drifting Evo IV.

I'll drift a friking Samba Bus to piss everyone on this thread off. Just you wait till I get my copy. Then I will subsequently drift a Lexus LFA on Racing Softs to give you all a heart attack, then I will burn a standard S14 to the ground while shooting an R32 Coupe skyline, and sing the camptown ladies song out loud while dancing on top of my drifting Evo IV.
Good luck on your Drifting Forum journey :lol:

Thank you for posting this. :lol:

Yes. Real life and GT are not that comparable. Though it was well known that GT is not as close to reality as some make it out to be.

However, doing such things in real life doesn't change how you feel about 4WD drifting, which is another part of this debate.

And I noticed your sneaky little edit.

Ken Block? :lol: You guys bringing him into the 4WD drifting debacle all the time, he doesn't represent all of us you know. I really don't care about that guy and he definitely is no idol of mine.

I couldn't care less if you's slide your 4wd's just do it in your own rooms, don't join ours.

Example it's f'n annoying when 2-8 of us guys are tandeming then having some kid come through at 150kp/h around the final corner on Tsukuba with hardly any angle and no counter steer input. Only to ram all of us off track then go completely nuts because we were going to slow (well sorry for doing a realistic speed ???) and apparently we don't know what drifting is.
Don't say you've never seen this in GT, it happens all the time.

Just think about what would make more sense, 4wd users make their own rooms or continue to ruin our genuine drift lobbies with what seems to be 90% of the time deliberate ramming as they don't even attempt to take the turn or slow down, just use us as a brake.

I initially had no problem with people using 4wd's up until about 3 years ago. That's I mostly started seeing what they were doing to everyone.

It's just common sense for you's to make your own rooms and stay away from ours.
It would stop pointless never ending threads like this.

Why are people arguing about this? If you in a competition, then yes there should be regulations. But, why can't people play the the want to play it??
So can someone answer my question?

Why can't people play the game they want to play it?

I couldn't care less if you's slide your 4wd's just do it in your own rooms, don't join ours.

Example it's f'n annoying when 2-8 of us guys are tandeming then having some kid come through at 150kp/h around the final corner on Tsukuba with hardly any angle and no counter steer input. Only to ram all of us off track then go completely nuts because we were going to slow (well sorry for doing a realistic speed ???) and apparently we don't know what drifting is.
Don't say you've never seen this in GT, it happens all the time.

Just think about what would make more sense, 4wd users make their own rooms or continue to ruin our genuine drift lobbies with what seems to be 90% of the time deliberate ramming as they don't even attempt to take the turn or slow down, just use us as a brake.

I initially had no problem with people using 4wd's up until about 3 years ago. That's I mostly started seeing what they were doing to everyone.

It's just common sense for you's to make your own rooms and stay away from ours.
It would stop pointless never ending threads like this.

Yes in most cases another room should be made but I've already pointed out that your experiences of 4WD drifting is some kid who obviously can't drive in the first place. You have yet to see the good side of it.

Yes in most cases another room should be made but I've already pointed out that your experiences of 4WD drifting is some kid who obviously can't drive in the first place. You have yet to see the good side of it.

I have seen the so called good side of it and also done it myself, it still doesn't come close to the feeling I get in my own car.

But if you wanna demonstrate it feel free to add me and I'll stop by in your room one day

Wow. Just wow.

Some of you guys that call yourself a part of the realistic drifting community and that constantly say "keep drifting fun" are some of the biggest hypocrites I have ever seen.

I honestly cannot believe that this is even a argument anymore. What is the big deal if you drift something different than someone else? Who cares? Just because you are using a AWD car doesn't automatically change the word describing it. Drifting is drifting.

I mean really? When is arguing this enough? Can't you practice what you preach and "keep drifting fun"? Or will you just continue being a hypocrite? Let them drift what they want, as long as they can control the car they are in what's the issue? Oh yeah, there isn't one except the one in your head.

Not everything in a lobby needs to be regulated like it is in a formal competition.

Mind blowing how hypocritical some of you are being right now.

Wow. Just wow.

Some of you guys that call yourself a part of the realistic drifting community and that constantly say "keep drifting fun" are some of the biggest hypocrites I have ever seen.

I honestly cannot believe that this is even a argument anymore. What is the big deal if you drift something different than someone else? Who cares? Just because you are using a AWD car doesn't automatically change the word describing it. Drifting is drifting.

I mean really? When is arguing this enough? Can't you practice what you preach and "keep drifting fun"? Or will you just continue being a hypocrite? Let them drift what they want, as long as they can control the car they are in what's the issue? Oh yeah, there isn't one except the one in your head.

Not everything in a lobby needs to be regulated like it is in a formal competition.

Oh hey, lock. I was wondering when you would show up and tell it like it is.

Wow. Just wow.

I don't see anyone being a hypocrite.

All I suggested is that 4wd users have their own lobbies.
The saying 'Keep Drifting Fun' ends when you're getting pushed and rammed off track every lap.

I don't see anyone being a hypocrite.

All I suggested is that 4wd users have their own lobbies.
The saying 'Keep Drifting Fun' ends when you're getting pushed and rammed off track every lap.
I see plenty of people being one.

Sure, that will end your fun. However, if you are implying that every AWD drifter is the main cause of this, well you are sadly mistaken. I see it happen no matter the drive train.

Like I said before. ...
What is the problem with them drifting their car (even door to door with you) as long as they can control it? I fail to see the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back