Why??

• Thread starter Mikkel1996
  • 15 comments
Denmark
Varde/Denmark
tex-1965-2007
Just won the drivers Championship with sauber and beated my rival Vettel and i dont Got a contract offer from redbull!! Why???

Last edited:
It used to be an automatic contract offer for the following year, provided you didn't accept any offers before the end of the season in F1 2010. I've yet to reach that far in F1 2011, but if he is right, then it's not so anymore.

Mikkel1996
Just won the drivers Championship with sauber and beated my rival Vettel and i dont Got a contract offer from redbull!! Why???

Well, it includes factors, such as beating your team mate, Achieve all your objectives, and how you go with the media.
But don't stress i am on my 4th season, 1 championship with Williams, and 1 runner up spots, and the best ever offer i have got is a toro rosso seat, and an invisible Lotus-Renault drive.

This is my last chance, i'm heading to spa with the lead, and my rival is Alonso. Which is 3rd.
It's now all or nothing.

Well, it includes factors, such as beating your team mate, Achieve all your objectives, and how you go with the media.
But don't stress i am on my 4th season, 1 championship with Williams, and 1 runner up spots, and the best ever offer i have got is a toro rosso seat, and an invisible Lotus-Renault drive.

This is my last chance, i'm heading to spa with the lead, and my rival is Alonso. Which is 3rd.
It's now all or nothing.

That's crazy, I won the championship on expert with Williams my first year and signed with McLaren. I want to sign with rebull this next year, haldway through the season McLaren is talking about a new contract already.

My question is, are you offered anymore contracts after the last race. I accepted and off before Brazil because I didn't want to be stuck with Williams again. Can anyone confirm that you are asked to after the last race or not?

Right,
I've just got my contract renewal offer from my team, Force India. Will I get another offer from some other teams?

Right,
I've just got my contract renewal offer from my team, Force India. Will I get another offer from some other teams?

Who was your rival during the season and did you beat them?

Right,

Depends. Each offer has an expiry date, some teams tell you "It's cool bro, whenever you want, even after Brazil.". So keep on waiting until the last minute. :)

I signed for Ferrari in my 2nd season. I listed Alonso as my rival. I beat him in the points, but I also answered every interview question in a way that pointed toward leaving the team. I received about 5-6 offers in total, and Ferrari was the last. One or two of the other offers had already expired before I received the Ferrari offer.

I'm at the top of the table and my next race is at Spa. (Most of my races so far have been in the rain!) :(

Nice one, I'm 🤬 in the rain, however I took my second ever win in heavy rain at China, I won by 10 secs, pure luck. :lol:

Back