why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jrichmond0826

(Banned)
United States
United States
Jrichmond0826(
Why do i even play this game when I know im not going to win, or im up against pure ignorance. Dont get me wrong im a good drag racer but it comes to my head im not good enough to even join pro lobbies.People even tell me to stop joining them. which im fine with but my question is why do i even try when i know ill fail?

I assume u play it coz ur a car freak, and the old saying winning is not everything. Participation is enjoyable, and thru the participation u will earn valuable experience. In the meantime concentrate on ur own times rather than others.
i understand what your saying but its not as fun,as it used to be. i enjoy shooter games more than racing games,and for some reason i get on racing games and its my own personal hell.

Wait, there are pro lobbies?
there are not, people just title them. "Pro drags no bs" and let me tell you if your not ready for ignorance,you might as well not even join.

Last edited by a moderator:
By using these forums, you agree to the following:
  • You will not use “textspeak” (“r”, “u”, “plz”, etc.) in your messages. Decent grammar is expected at all times, including proper usage of capital letters.
And just know that it isn't some arbitrary, holier-than-thou, follow-my-rules-because-I'm-better-than-you requirement. A large contention of the users on these forums don't speak English as their native language and can't necessarily pick up on some of these abbreviations. Proper language makes participation more enjoyable for all.

Why do i even play this game when I know im not going to win, or im up against pure ignorance. Dont get me wrong im a good drag racer but it comes to my head im not good enough to even join pro lobbies.People even tell me to stop joining them. which im fine with but my question is why do i even try when i know ill fail?
Well your attitude when we tried to help you in the Drag Racing forum, might explain why us "pros" have shunted you out.

Now why we call ourselves "Pro's". A good number of us have been GT Drag Racing for years.(personaly Ive been Drag Racing since early 2011) We know the tricks to tuning and we know how the lobbies run, so we dont disrupt the flow.
Now before someone says "Pros" actualy Race in real life. I will just say some GTP members actualy DO Drag Race in real life.

:D

Seems like you're whining. I guess you're looking for someone to say "don't quit, you can do it" I say, get more practice. Winning comes from being good you're not winning so you need to get better. There's more to this game than winning too. (Even as much as I like to win)

Seems like you're whining. I guess you're looking for someone to say "don't quit, you can do it" I say, get more practice. Winning comes from being good you're not winning so you need to get better. There's more to this game than winning too. (Even as much as I like to win)
I'd even go so far as to say "quit." He doesn't even like racing games. Why bother?

Maybe drag racing isn't your thing. Have you tried drifting? Or actual racing, whether clean or dirty?

whyareyoudoingit.png

ive been drag racing on video game for almost a decade this is why i belive,its not as fun. Im getting a car soon and taking my passion a step futrher than before. ive been doing drag races on video games over and over im tired of doing something fake, why noy try it in real life were customization, is endless and someone cant honeslty tell you how to build your car a certian way. accept the daily cop that flys by you everyday cause he wants to get home XD

Because you like a challenge? Or, because you want to get better?

ive been drag racing on video game for almost a decade this is why i belive,its not as fun. Im getting a car soon and taking my passion a step futrher than before. ive been doing drag races on video games over and over im tired of doing something fake, why noy try it in real life were customization, is endless and someone cant honeslty tell you how to build your car a certian way. accept the daily cop that flys by you everyday cause he wants to get home XD
The quotes below apply to you too. 💡

Have you read the AUP?

And just know that it isn't some arbitrary, holier-than-thou, follow-my-rules-because-I'm-better-than-you requirement. A large contention of the users on these forums don't speak English as their native language and can't necessarily pick up on some of these abbreviations. Proper language makes participation more enjoyable for all.

i say, it's up to you. If you think all this frustration you get is worth tryimg over and over, go ahead. If not, stick to shooters. I personally always rear the field on online races, and it really hurts, honestly. I try my best on tunes and form, but I'm never able to earn a position. But I still enjoy the game :) I read the car descriptions, I spend tons of time in Photo Mode, I love rewatchimg old replays. maybe find somethimg else in GT6 that keeps you wantimg to come back, like customizing cars :)

i play because it's fun. i only won like 4 online races since i got the game at the begginging of 2014. and believe me, i've done some ****ing races. i just enjoy buying, customizing and testing and racing the cars even if they're total ****. the point of the game is to enjoy it, not to win everything. try different things. try drifting or normal racing. there are lots of different categories and types of racing. i find myself to be strugling with those 500pp nurburgring races but it's still kinda fun to compete, you just need to find what you enjoy best. and if people don't want you to join then, **** it don't join them

i say, it's up to you. If you think all this frustration you get is worth tryimg over and over, go ahead. If not, stick to shooters. I personally always rear the field on online races, and it really hurts, honestly. I try my best on tunes and form, but I'm never able to earn a position. But I still enjoy the game :) I read the car descriptions, I spend tons of time in Photo Mode, I love rewatchimg old replays. maybe find somethimg else in GT6 that keeps you wantimg to come back, like customizing cars :)
i agree with what your saying sound kinda like what im going to have to do tired of fighting with people that know better then me. and for freak sakes ive only been on gt6 forabout 6 months who am i to even talk to the so called pros its not like they make money from the game eh? inless your like tony stewert

You're seriously gonna use Tony as a example, after what happened last night?

Bad taste my friend, bad taste.

He still was successful though.

He is, but it's still a bit awkward to use him as an example. He could've said Jimmie Johnson or Jeff Gordon :P

And replying to Jrichmond, some of the others may have thought your post was another complaint thread, and no offense, it was a bit whiney. I do agree though, that the responses were a bit harsh.

This thread is full of grammatical errors. :rolleyes:

• You will not use “textspeak” (“r”, “u”, “plz”, etc.) in your messages. Decent grammar is expected at all times, including proper usage of capital letters.

You're seriously gonna use Tony as a example, after what happened last night?

Bad taste my friend, bad taste.
no your just to game for seriousism, why are you going to fight over someone when you dont even know the guy. Who cares he will just make millions like he used to money over reality correct? In reality this is why I dont care about sports,just a big up roar about a average person thats good at what they do"oh look lets put his face all over the news because he killed someone" if it was me id retire and never show my face again...

Last edited:
no your just to game for seriousism,
The underlined word does not compute with my cerebral processor...
why are you going to fight over someone when you dont even know the guy.
I am not fighting for anyone. Both parties, are responsible for what happened last night.
Who cares he will just make millions like he used to money over reality correct?
That he will, and I'll keep driving my work van, trying to get by...
In reality this is why i dont care about sports,just a big up roar about a average person thats good at what they do
Any form of Motorsports driver(or any athlete), is not your average person... It takes huge balls to do what they do in real life.
"oh look lets put his face all over the news because he killed someone"
Thats the News crews job... I am curious about your opinion about the subject though. There is a covo about it here.
if it was me id retire and never show my face again...
To each his own...

Enough off topicness. If you want to run some Drag Races, and get some pointers on Hondas, add me on PSN.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back