Will Gran Turismo Mobile suck out the battery life of the PSP?

• Thread starter ninja220
  • 60 comments
One of the first games that was supposed to have it, was Wipeout pulse. But in the end it did not. Resulting in not the smoothest gameplay all the time.

Last edited:
Football Manager Handheld probably, or GTA CW when they release it.

Also, I read on a dutch site (I forgot the link tho) that the battery time will be exactly the same as they use a smaller battery in the Go then in the 'older' PSPs

See, you just admitted you have a modded PSP and have no intention of buying the game. Your IP address has been noted and passed on accordingly.

And you have just admitted that you have no ****ing clue :banghead:

(I wanted to write something else, but that would fall under the "no flaming" rule)

Off topic question but I've just created a US PSN account so I can access the US PSN store (I'm in Europe btw) but it says I "can't sign in using another user's Sign in ID". Can any one help?

Off topic question but I've just created a US PSN account so I can access the US PSN store (I'm in Europe btw) but it says I "can't sign in using another user's Sign in ID". Can any one help?

PSPs only use one PSN account, so they can't access other regions without removing your main account. Even if you use a PS3 to get PSP stuff from other regions you can't play them without relinking the account.

PSPs only use one PSN account, so they can't access other regions without removing your main account. Even if you use a PS3 to get PSP stuff from other regions you can't play them without relinking the account.

Aye I know. Problem solved. Went to buy MGS and my memory stick light starts flashing. Now it doesn't work:banghead: Got a new one from allmemorycards.co.uk. Don't know how long it will take though. :grumpy:

wanted a pspgo but i found that photofast cr-5400 micro sd adapter on deal extreme for about 6 bucks, and 2 8gb class 6 micro sd cards (adata) from newegg for 18.99 usd plus free shipping. Translation: 16 gb of space for 45 usd. so much for a go.Btw ,that extended battery is a good idea if you can get it. Great battery life in the 4.5 hour range strictly from the memory stick(psn games movies music etc.)

I´ve never purchased game online before, so I´m wondering: Can I do a backup of my game in case my memorystick goes tits up, on my harddrive for example, and just put the game back on the stick again? Or is there some anti-piracy trickery that will force me to re-download the game after I erased it? At the moment I´m torn between getting the game on UMD (packaging, artwork and all that) or just go with the battery-saving (and probably cheaper) PSN version, it´s just that I don´t know if downloading it via PSN might be as hassle-free as just having it on UMD...

I´ve never purchased game online before, so I´m wondering: Can I do a backup of my game in case my memorystick goes tits up, on my harddrive for example, and just put the game back on the stick again? Or is there some anti-piracy trickery that will force me to re-download the game after I erased it? At the moment I´m torn between getting the game on UMD (packaging, artwork and all that) or just go with the battery-saving (and probably cheaper) PSN version, it´s just that I don´t know if downloading it via PSN might be as hassle-free as just having it on UMD...
I have moved games from one Memory Stick to another by transferring the files to my PC and then to the new card, so maybe, but that was many firmwares ago. The DRM may have changed since then.

But you can redownload stuff from the PSN. If you have a PS3 you can download your PSP stuff to the PS3's HDD and copy to your PSP and keep the files backed up on your PS3's HDD.

Last edited:
wanted a pspgo but i found that photofast cr-5400 micro sd adapter on deal extreme for about 6 bucks, and 2 8gb class 6 micro sd cards (adata) from newegg for 18.99 usd plus free shipping. Translation: 16 gb of space for 45 usd.
I have that exact same setup, and the A-Data's are supremely underrated in speed. Funnily enough, they are considerably more expensive now than they were back in February.

I have moved games from one Memory Stick to another by transferring the files to my PC and then to the new card, so maybe, but that was many firmwares ago. The DRM may have changed since then.

But you can redowload stuff from the PSN. If you have a PS3 you can dowload your PSP stuff to the PS3's HDD and copy to your PSP and keep the files backed up on your PS3's HDD.

Thanks 👍

Finally after 3 weeks waiting the Sony 2200 mAh arrived. I ordered one with a bleu cover as a black cover was not available. I think it suits well, and it remembers me of my Impreza's color.

picture.php

When the battery is fully loaded, it reports play time being 12 hours. Now I know that is unrealistic. But I think it will do 8 hours on maximum ligth strength.

Last edited:
You think it suits it well?! Oh come on, you're kidding, right?! You only bought it because you could not get it in black so you have to convince yourself I suppose. It looks "odd", that's all I will say.

^^ I actually bougth a black cover as well. But the Sony gear is better plastic as in it feels more durable.

Odd, so be it. At least it will run for long :D

Finally after 3 weeks waiting the Sony 2200 mAh arrived. I ordered one with a bleu cover as a black cover was not available. I think it suits well, and it remembers me of my Impreza's color.
Ignore the haters, I got a silver cover on my white PSP. My only complaint was that I had the Star Wars Limited Edition PSP-2000 with Darth Vader etched into the battery cover. So, I lost my Darth Vader.

With the release date of GT5 in March 2010 it's even more important to get a good psp setup. Unlocking a lot of cars will certainly be feasible thing to do now.

Loosing Darth Vader is never a good thing. I mean, when he died in episode 6, who didn't cry? ;)

Last edited:
I agree on the people that say it's not that much of a problem I have 2 batteries myself with a Pandora Dual battery aswell that could be used to power the PSP and also unbrick it if needed so I am not that far from power and I tend to get on Average about 2hrs out of the PSP and around 2.6 if I some of the digtal downloads via Mem stick

I bought one of the launch PSP's on day one and also picked up an "accessory kit" which contained several useful items, such as screen protectors, a leather carrying case with belt clip, plastic UMD cases and best of all, a small plastic case that holds 4 AAA batteries that connects to the PSP with the same connector as the AC power supply. I never run out of power as long as I have standard AAA batteries with me :dopey:

i dont really play this game for longer than a couple hours when i get off work before bed, maybe one and a half. it didnt even make me lose a bar.

picture.php

When the battery is fully loaded, it reports play time being 12 hours. Now I know that is unrealistic. But I think it will do 8 hours on maximum ligth strength.

Why do you have a banana sticker on the side of your monitor? haha 👍

Back